• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i dont understand this (1 Viewer)

Hikari Clover

HSC
Unit of study: ASNS2670 - Mass Media in East Asia - University of Sydney

Unit of study: ASNS2672 - Japan in East Asia from 1840 until Today - University of Sydney

for this subject here, it says the prerequisites "12 credit points from junior level Asian Studies, or other subject areas listed in Table A in the Faculty of Arts Handbook."

what is "or other subject areas listed in Table A in the Faculty of Arts Handbook" supposed to mean? can i still do it without having any asian studies credit points?

and what if i ask the professor for permission to enrol, the credit points r still counted toward my degree right?

(background info: im 2nd year B.arts student, japanese major. and have done enough JPNS(japanese studies) ,so i hope ASNS2670 does not belong to JPNS)

Last edited:

dafs2

HSC
from usyd site:

The 'Part A' bit refers to the units of study that are listed in the Faculty of Arts Handbook, Table of Units of Study: Part A. All Part A units come from subject areas taught within the Faculty of Arts. You MUST have at least one Arts Part A major to complete your Arts degree.

So yeah you can do it without having done any asian studies.

Hikari Clover

HSC
thx so much dafs2 :)

but my degree B.arts is not in the list "Courses this subject is available in"
is it still ok?

jtyler

HSC
Yeah... funnily enough that phrase refers to the subjects listed in Table A in the handbook...

The handbook should come with a decoder ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)