I dug my own grave today (signed up for ex2 english) (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
I think i made a big mistake... now that i look back at why / what i did, i just cant comprehend. like, i already got my ext2 math signed (cos im a math nerd) but out of impulse i got my ext2 english signed. now i got both. am i dead? yes.
and secondly ppl say shit like if u survive ex2 english ur a war hero (wtf?!) omg omg omg wats a major work? i dont wanna do one. but im a dumbass that signed up for ex2 eng and now im in for a ride. yeh ino some of u r gonna bash on my actions immediately, but i wanna see how far i get before i break down and pull a school shooting out. hahaha im so dead

can u ex2 ppl gimme some insight as to how dead i am / what im in for? i.e. is it hard? to what extent? suicidal thoughts? self mutilation? daily ritual animal sacrifices? erm... hmm.. thanks.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
It doesn't really become a crushing pressure until the last few weeks (in most cases), so if you manage to get your major work done by then, you won't have to worry about insanity, at least that induced by Extension English 2.

It's a matter of picking an area and then writing about something you personally find interesting, I think, so don't give up hope this early. ;) But do keep up the 'daily animal sacrifices' *Wink* Perhaps you could try divinating how it will all go from some goat entrails? :p

Saul

*ss
HSC
like you, i do both 4 math and 4 english, and its really not that hard. they're my two easiest subjects (the 4th unit of each). Everybody told me i was insane, but if you can do both, its fucking good.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Saul
like you, i do both 4 math and 4 english, and its really not that hard. they're my two easiest subjects (the 4th unit of each). Everybody told me i was insane, but if you can do both, its fucking good.
genius!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I trust that you are a Year 11? Well, that's what i did last year too. I signed up for extension 2 maths then I thought, what the heck, I would sign up for extension 2 english too. I kept whinging about dropping Extension 2 maths, and survived (but don't know if I'd pass) extension 2 english. hehe good luck!

p.s. I am still alive

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
What are people worrying about????
Extention English was the best subject I ever took and if I had the choice I would do it all again.
Believe me...it seems like a big deal but a year later you would be reading the posts of others and wonder what the hell they are talking about. If you are orgainsed and start early then there is no need to stress!!!
Have fun - that's the main thing! And good luck!!!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Lobbie, you idiot

Well at our school, Loadsman and Tsevo teach ext2. Tsevo is leaving though, so i think its just Loadsman for your grade.

Loadsman is really good. She marks ext2 for the HSC so when she talks, she knows what she's talking about! Her criticism might seem harsh but it's really worth it.

My advice? Don't bludge during that time on Tuesday arvo, when youre sitting around talkng. Use it wisely. English Extension 2 isnt stressful if you manage your time wisely, and if you know what youre doing.

Giant Lobster

HSC
ohhhh kh3y... so im gonna die.
and another thing i have no friends!... (pause).. doing ext2 eng
so ill have no1 to talk to which is more of a disadvantage i rkn. hey umm i may as well ask this now, wat types of major work can i do? i know theres crime fic, poetry, and short story. im sure there r heaps, can some1 list them pweese? im wonderin wats ppls opinion on the easiest one to do

right now im leaning towards poetry cos i can pull somefin out of my ass and call it art. i like the poetic license...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
imagine at this time next year, when u hand ur major work in, what an achievement, and it will be something u can keep forever.
and on the other hand if u don't like it signing means nothing - u can drop at any time

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
no

ok heres the list

critical response (kinda like an essay)
poetry
short story/shories
film script
radio drama
performance poetry
video
film (difference between last two is what its recorded on)
multimedia

i think thats it

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
ext 2 english is only bad if u try to squash a year's work into 2 or 3 all nighters before its all due.. if u do an hours work every day of hte christmas holidays.. which is only slightly unreasonable.. then ull be fuckin set.. and write a little in ur journal every now and then.. its not too bad..
if u consistently work early in the year on it, not late wen u have trials etc itll be easier, and ull be hte envy of all ur friends..
so easy to say all this in hindsight though..

KarmaKitten

HSC
I thought teachers told you about extension english and all the types of things you could do before you signed up?

at my school we had a year meeting about all the extensions

lizzy1004

HSC
u can drop da 4th unit of english or do u hab only 10 units//

Last edited:

Leap

free falling
HSC
I thought teachers told you about extension english and all the types of things you could do before you signed up? at my school we had a year meeting about all the extensions
They didn't do anything like that at my school. One day towards the end of year 11 in extension 1, the teacher said, "Oh, does anyone want to do extension 2 english next year?" and we all went, "Whats that?" and she replied, "Oh you just have to write a novella or something.."
and with naive stupidity I decided then and there that I wanted to do it. :rolleyes:

Giant Lobster, I pity you.
lol, its not all that bad though - IF you can think of a concept quickly and start writing straight away, that way its not left until the last minute. Then again, I started writing as soon as possible, but I kept changing my ideas so in the end I STILL ran out of time, despite my careful organisation. :mad1:

Saul

*ss
HSC
nah - you don't really have to do that

i thought of an idea straight away, spent 7 months procrastinating, and wrote it in a week.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by lizzy1004
u can drop da 4th unit of english or do u hab only 10 units//
i hav 12 units. but i wanna keep em all so... yeh

no

ok heres the list

critical response (kinda like an essay)
poetry
short story/shories
film script
radio drama
performance poetry
video
film (difference between last two is what its recorded on)
multimedia

i think thats it
wow thanks u actually remembered em!
umm if i remember correctly ur ex2 major work was somefin to do with the simpsons. wat category does that fit into?

for film script can i just write a script for a 30 min ep of the simpsons? lol. hmmm omg omg omg wats hard / easy? poetry looks hard and easy at the same time for some reason, while the other ones r just hard. wats the word length usually? and wats "video"? do i have to make an actual film? argh i shud be asking this to my teachers but never get the time / remember during class. :rolleyes:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
mine was critical response....
no, film means film, not tv.
everything is hard or easy, depending on what sort of person you are (analytical, creative etc)
the important thing is that EVERYTHING has to be backed up with extensive research.
start thinking about concepts now... like an idea... jot them down or mindmap em... and talk to loadsman or other people, they can help you

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
Don't forget that you have to relate what you do to either the EE1 course of Advanced course from year 11 or 12. If you're someone like me you'd do what you want to do then find some way to link it. For example, I constructed a website on Fairytale Psychology. I linked it to gendered language from year 12 EE1 and values from all courses. In year 11 we also rewrote a scene from Pride and Prejudice in a modern setting, so I also nudged in my own version of a fairytale in a modern setting. Simple!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)