I dug my own grave today (signed up for ex2 english) (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
My workload is like a lot in the beginning and a lot in the end and everything else in between! It's actually very difficult to cramp everything in the end because towards it, you'll start stressing (even though you are on schedule).

From my experience, I suggest that it's better to spread everything out and not to leave everything in the last minute. However, there are extreme cases. I know a boy from last year who left his short story to the very last minute. he didn't do too badly but he had much more potential.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
apart from the viva voce is there any other reason of why i shud spread my workload throughout the year?

wat i figured was to fabricate everything (i fabricate everything, from experimental data in sciences to... life in general:D). i.e. have an archive of some sort, and being able to pull out journals for relevant dates. that wud be cool, having everything prepared after the christmas holidays. wud that work? hehehe
that could work in theory but you shouldnt do it.

spreading the work over a year will stress you out less at the end of the year, because as youve seen, trials and submission of the MW both come at once. also, if you finish your MW early, you have time to edit, refine and perfect your MW.

Giant Lobster

HSC
also, if you finish your MW early, you have time to edit, refine and perfect your MW.
exactly, so thats a good thing right? im saying if i finish everything before school for 2004 starts ill have time to refine again and again. if i wanna. hmm soz if i was confusing :)

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
Hang on a sec...do you really think that you would be able to research your topic and write your first draft by the end of the summer hols??
I'm sorry if I sound rude - but you're dreaming.
If you hope to get STARTED by the end of the hols, then that is a more realistic goal.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OK
pick an idea or concept. In my case, the idea was "The Simpsons".
Now think of a thesis, ie an idea. Mine was that "The Simpsons" illustrated American society in a negative light.
Have a look at the mediums available, and see which one will portray your message the best. I chose CR cos I thought it'd be the best.

you spend the whole year writing (or composing, whatever you wanna call it) your MW, and doing various related tasks which make up your internal assessment mark. not to mention all the research. doesnt matter what you do, you will need to back it up with research.

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
holy crap

just listening to you talk about it was boring, wonder how hard it was for you... :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It was hard for me because I didnt plan properly... if i did i wouldve done better

are you doing 4u harry?

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
yeah, cos i was pissed off at dyke for not letting me into 4u maths
lol

now if i do well in my yearlies, i'll be doing both 4u maths and eng

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
HAHAHHA
Dike > Dyke
Ms Khattar ( my maths teacher) called her "dickey" once.. when she was new, cos she didnt know how to pronounce it

i hope you know what youre getting yourself into

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hahaha
think of the scaling though :)
truly-in-bliss does both ext2's, so you might want to ask her what it's like?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, as long as you know what youre doing

In our grade, nobody did both ext2s at SHS.

How many people are doing the ext2s this year?

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
one already, that giant lobster guy
and me, if i make it into 4u maths

and thats about it
lol

Giant Lobster

HSC
noooo research...

ohh wait, since u did simpsons ur research was simply to watch it regularly right?... that kind sweetens the deal.. but then again i prolly wont do anything related to stuff on tv. argh! when is that showcase thingy i wanna see MWs / steal ideas!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Loadsman has a copy.

Yeh I watched it too, but I read up on a lot of stuff as well

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
aw
i wanted to write crime fiction and then publish it

well actually
just tell me what i can/can't do, you just attached another le morte d'arthur

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)