I got 0 in my ext test (1 Viewer)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Look...if you are REALLY committed to succeeding, then don't let anything stop you. But if you just keep working and working and its not clicking, don't despair - drop it.

BEST OF LUCK! :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Seriously though, if you're getting 0, wouldn't they just give you like sympathy marks for whatever you have written down?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lolokay said:
well obviously that depends on the person. some would find those to be some of the easiest courses.

though if physics still had the old syllabus I would probably agree about it being elite

Aplus said:
Mathematics Extension 2, English Extension 2, Extension History. That's what I call elite.
lol

HSC courses are easy then some are just plain ridiculous, Community and Family Studies?

HSC
Aplus said:
Seriously though, if you're getting 0, wouldn't they just give you like sympathy marks for whatever you have written down?
you'd think so. unless you had really ridiculous answers and reasonings

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
you'd think so. unless you had really ridiculous answers and reasonings
No, i think it was a multipart test with a low amount of marks for each part. Each part was marked by a different teacher, who gave 0 thinking that he wouldn't get 0 in his other parts.

shaon0

HSC
Aplus said:
Mathematics Extension 2, English Extension 2, Extension History. That's what I call elite.
the ones that you can do in yr 11 i meant.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i'd keep it for the moment.
go through it all with your teacher- they are there to help!
like, you are only in prelim now, you can definitely turn it around :) just put in the effort or else, don't complain when you go badly. if it continues going badly, you've always got the option of dropping like, right up until before you do the hsc pretty much. how many units do you have? i'd say keep it for now but that's just my opinion.
lowest i've gotten for MX1 was 17.5/48 in my last test. i screwed up one of the questions i knew how to do coz of a simple algebraic mistake, i was sooooo annoyed, so i lost heeps of time fixing that up. in hindsight, probably should've moved on and come back if i'd had time but oh well. i'm so determined to fix that for my trials!

fishy89sg

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
+2

black_kat_meow said:
I thought he was talking about the elite courses, not scaling? Scaling doesn't make something elite, it just means a certain group of immigrants who study all the time choose to do it.
well there IS a strong correlation between both.

and for the thread starter: you should seriously consider whether you should do EXT1 maths. putting aside your ability at doing the course, you have to ask yourself, "would this happen to me again?"

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
No, i think it was a multipart test with a low amount of marks for each part. Each part was marked by a different teacher, who gave 0 thinking that he wouldn't get 0 in his other parts.
Contrary to what you might think, teachers aren't really -that- heartless. ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
foram said:
I'm sure after they mark it, they all bring it back and compare standards and distribution of marks. So they would have seen that kid getting 0 anyway.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aplus said:
I'm sure after they mark it, they all bring it back and compare standards and distribution of marks. So they would have seen that kid getting 0 anyway.
Those cold-hearted teachers.

cyrius

HSC
Are u sure you got 0? Coz I know they give marks even for just writing the given. If you didn't write anything then it's not just your maths stuff you should worry about. :rofl:

cyrius

HSC
Are u sure you got 0? Coz I know they give marks even for just writing the given and the equations (if you know them). If you didn't write anything then it's not just your maths stuff you should worry about. :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)