I got a scribe granted for HSC, should I use him? (1 Viewer)

13abie

HSC
So I get a year 11 student to write for me and 30 mins extra writing time to compensate for the dictation process.

I don't know if I want to do this... It seems like ill get disadvantaged. I could take the tests myself, but my handwriting is shocking and I do have an injured arm. Either way I think im going to be slightly disadvanteged wat should i dooo. I need at least 98 atar.
Id use the scribe in english, english ext 1, modern and economics

musing

HSC
Is there any other alternatives, like typing?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO using a scribe won't be as efficient looking at how the thought process works.

But if there's no alternative, do it I guess.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
A scribe is most useful in answering long essays. Maybe you can write any multi choice and short answer questions. Also, it's very hard to use a scribe for Maths and Science. Did you get rest breaks if you write yourself?

anne1010

HSC
depends if u have a good scribe or not. its a slow person i can imagine how frustrating itd be. if u have someone who will write really quickly for you then it should be good tbh.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
As recently as 30 years ago this need for a scribe would have been imponderable unless you were illiterate or had a physical disabilty.

Last edited:

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
50 or 60 years ago fewer then 10,000 students completed NSW high school. Now it is more than 70,000. With growth comes diversity.

jessxxr

HSC
personally i would absolutely hate to have to use a scribe, when you write yourself you have your own flow going, but if you really need one, then its your choice whether you use the scribe or not.

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
If you choose to have the scribe, you can often ask them not to write and do it all yourself, still getting the extra time. Happens a fair bit at my school anyway.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
If you choose to have the scribe, you can often ask them not to write and do it all yourself, still getting the extra time. Happens a fair bit at my school anyway.
That is just cheating, it's no better than taking illegal notes into the exam. The extra time is only for dictation, not for breaking the rules.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Very sneaky. Which school is this?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
pretty sure there is a BOS supervisor who will make sure the scribe is actually writing throughout the exam

powlmao

Banned
HSC
pretty sure there is a BOS supervisor who will make sure the scribe is actually writing throughout the exam
God I hope so, makes it fair

By the way are you Shadowdude?

I could get a scribe due to my handwriting, but I find it so much easier to write myself. I hate dictating and would probably end up doing worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)