I got first in Software Design and Development! :-) (1 Viewer)

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
hey dude do u mind if i ask what your marks were?

and f*cking congratulations thats awesome.

I'm an accelerant aswell, did awesome too, my marks were:
Examination: 95/100
Assessment:94/100
HSC Mark: 95/100

I'm just curious how far I was off the top :p

thanks
frank.

MarsBarz

HSC
frankyd said:
hey dude do u mind if i ask what your marks were?

and f*cking congratulations thats awesome.

I'm an accelerant aswell, did awesome too, my marks were:
Examination: 95/100
Assessment:94/100
HSC Mark: 95/100

I'm just curious how far I was off the top :p

thanks
frank.
He said he got 97.

I wonder what he got raw. I think a lot of people got 90+/100 raw so it must have been very close. I got 92 as my exam mark. It's pretty good considering how little study I did throughout the year (read:none until the last week).

ariose

HSC
Congratulations! Highly impressive for an accelerated student too. Good luck for your HSC in '06. :D

HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Hell no. Firstly, because you're accelerating, people expect an awful lot more out of you - they say you can just focus on this one subject and top it. And usually, accelerants (or their parents) are quite concerned about their other year eleven subjects and wouldn't want to fail them, so time must go into them too.
Lol, Do you just pull this shit out of your arse?
Of course ppl expect u to do better when your accelerating because you only need to focus on one subject. Don't give me that "they are worried they might fail" bullshit....You honestly need to be TRYING to fail year 11. All is required is an attempt and you can go onto year 12. (anything bar an N award and you can go on).

Secondly, I don't really know about you, but when I accelerated, our school screwed us accelerants around so we ended up with one and a half lessons a fortnight (you try cramming)...and we also got stuffed because they only told us in March 2005 that we were doing the HSC in November (what happened to the full year?), running it parallel to the prelim. And as a result we got like no prac time.
Thats your school, Bad Luck to you.

Thirdly, in year eleven, you tend to have a lot of extracurriculars running at the same time - because it's year eleven and your last year to get fully involved.
I'm sorry but that is absolute bullshit. You cannot compare extra cirriculars in year 11 to extra cirriculars in year 12.

It is much easier to top state as an accelerant than a normal year 12 student.

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
MarsBarz said:
He said he got 97.

I wonder what he got raw. I think a lot of people got 90+/100 raw so it must have been very close. I got 92 as my exam mark. It's pretty good considering how little study I did throughout the year (read:none until the last week).
Your head is so far up your ass you're eating your food for a second time.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
Lol, Do you just pull this shit out of your arse?
Of course ppl expect u to do better when your accelerating because you only need to focus on one subject. Don't give me that "they are worried they might fail" bullshit....You honestly need to be TRYING to fail year 11. All is required is an attempt and you can go onto year 12. (anything bar an N award and you can go on).
By "fail" I meant the "Asian parent opinion of fail" which is below ninety-five. That is painful to live up to. Or else they start taking away stuff - like I lost my piano and my violin lessons this year, as well as various other less meaningful trinkets such as computer games. Oh, and I forgot, I lost my privacy as well, because my mother was trying to find out why I was not getting 100 in English in year 11 when I got full marks for everything in year 10...and she read my fucking diary. I'm guessing a lot of accelerants have parents like this, who expect the world out of you, because they think you've breezed the junior years and then panic when things start to change.

DigitalFortress said:
I'm sorry but that is absolute bullshit. You cannot compare extra cirriculars in year 11 to extra cirriculars in year 12.
I'm sorry, I guess I've generalised. My parents were pretty insistent on getting me out of ALL activities for 2006 - esp. morning music practices. If they had known I was going to accelerate, they would not have allowed me to go onto the Europe music tour in April - but by the time I found out I was accelerating there was one month to go and I couldn't get a refund. BTW isn't there some boys' school out there which chooses prefects from year eleven so that year twelves have more time on their duties? That's what we were told by our deputy headmistress.

nishkak

HSC
i found out today my question 20 is gonna b used 4 the standards package cos it was a 'good 20 out of 20' or some shit.. did anyone else hear about their papers being used in stadards packages?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations man. But this is the exact reason why I think it's unfair that some schools allow students to accelerate- it means the pupils are able to have more time to focus on a particular subject. Yes I understand that people who are smarter should be allowed to move faster, but then, in a lot of schools- acceleration isn't an option, and I personally feel that the HSC is as much about studying as it is about time management. Anyhow, this topic is about you and SDD, so I wish you congratulations again! On the upside, you managed to beat real-year12s!

(and grr if I had gotten a little bit more in IPT I might've come first.. *sigh*)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nishkak said:
i found out today my question 20 is gonna b used 4 the standards package cos it was a 'good 20 out of 20' or some shit.. did anyone else hear about their papers being used in stadards packages?
Btw how do you know they are using it? Do they tell you beforehand? I was under the impression one never finds out that they are going to be used in the standards packages...

7th Sign

HSC
seremify007 said:
Congratulations man. But this is the exact reason why I think it's unfair that some schools allow students to accelerate- it means the pupils are able to have more time to focus on a particular subject. Yes I understand that people who are smarter should be allowed to move faster, but then, in a lot of schools- acceleration isn't an option, and I personally feel that the HSC is as much about studying as it is about time management. Anyhow, this topic is about you and SDD, so I wish you congratulations again! On the upside, you managed to beat real-year12s!

yes this is some good examples of what I am angry about aswell...

It's not fair how only some schools allow acceleration, meaning the student can spend a shit load of time on just one subject and ace it.

breesy

nishkak said:
Thats funny, i was under the impression that the standards packages were a one off thing to set an example, and that no one gets told they are being used in a standards package...

HSC
Just a quick note - you can do SDD by correspondence - not through the open high school, but through "karabar distance education centre" - thats what i did

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Congratulations, nishkak a great result even for an accelerated student sounds like it you put a lot of hardware work into SDD. Well done!

The race is now on for 1st HSC Software Design & Development 2006 good luck to all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)