I Got Nominated For Encore!!! Yeewww (1 Viewer)

Intriguing

HSC
Just out of curiosity, what sort of marks did those who were nominated end up getting? All three my Music 1 (my school couldn't teach Music 2 in year 11) electives were performance. I didn't get into Encore, so I sort of expected to get a mark around the 70's or 80's for my HSC. I looked yesterday and I got 97.
I'm just finding it a bit weird that I didn't even get nominated if I got that sort of mark.. Unless 97 isn't actually a great mark for Music.

inflatablerozza

HSC
N/A
Intriguing said:
Just out of curiosity, what sort of marks did those who were nominated end up getting? All three my Music 1 (my school couldn't teach Music 2 in year 11) electives were performance. I didn't get into Encore, so I sort of expected to get a mark around the 70's or 80's for my HSC. I looked yesterday and I got 97.
I'm just finding it a bit weird that I didn't even get nominated if I got that sort of mark.. Unless 97 isn't actually a great mark for Music.
97 is a good mark, so don't be disappointed that you didn't get nominated - the selection process for encore is just dodge. The BOS has an idea for what kind of performances/compositions they want to put into encore and they just nominate those ones; which doesn't really give all the really good musos the recognition they deserve. Congrats again on your mark!

Cerry

HSC
Intriguing said:
I'm pretty sure that to get nominated, at least one of your pieces has to have gotten 19 or 20 out of 20.
Also, they're very pedantic about making sure that they've got a PC line up, so they have to have some people from regional areas and Sydney/Newcastle, males and females, white and non-white people, classical and more contemporary musicians...so really, what you get at the concert aren't the best of the best, they're a culturally diverse selection of the best. Also, they like to have somethings that are a little outside the norm - they apparently quite like things like duets for two pianos and stuff like that.

Intriguing

HSC
Oh okay, fair enough. As for the diversity thing, I am regional, but I play violin, and I'm figuring they probably had enough violinists from like Sydney and that. Anyway, thanks for answering. :)

chelc

HSC
I got selected :lol: - but for 1 of my vivas (weird i know) so all i have to do is go, not required to actually do anything, but i'm still happy, another girl from my school was selected to perform, so it was a good year for the school

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
does anyone have a list/know of whose performing this year? im excited to go :)

xxstef

HSC
HOLY MACKERAL.
was anyone else at encore yday?
what was your fav performance?

i have to say, mr guitar trio boy and violin boy did it for me :D

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
I'm pretty sure that to get nominated, at least one of your pieces has to have gotten 19 or 20 out of 20.
Also, they're very pedantic about making sure that they've got a PC line up, so they have to have some people from regional areas and Sydney/Newcastle, males and females, white and non-white people, classical and more contemporary musicians...so really, what you get at the concert aren't the best of the best, they're a culturally diverse selection of the best. Also, they like to have somethings that are a little outside the norm - they apparently quite like things like duets for two pianos and stuff like that.
no/
i know a board of studies judge and they said you must get full marks for ALL of your pieces to even get nominated.

diamell

HSC
I emailed board of studies, they say 'you certainly don't need 100% for all of your pieces to get nominated, however the exact nomination process is confidential'

Bunno12

HSC
How long after the performances do you find out if you're nominated?

lucyG

HSC
Yeah, it's at the Opera House. Does anyone know roughly how many people get nominated each year and what percentage of them actually get selected for Encore??

xxstef

HSC
has anyone received nominations this year yet?

ashllis92

HSC
6 people at my school got nominated
2 violins
2 pianos
2 flutes

i play brass and about 0.000001% of brass players got nominated and about 1 every ten years gets in, my friend was that person last year, so i wasnt annoyed : D
HI FIVE FOR BRASS!!! What kind of brass do you play? I play cornet, trumpet, piccolo trumpet and a little bit of tenor horn :) and some bugling on the side

diamell

HSC
hey guys,
I got told by my school today that I was nominated, I play classical guitar. pretty stoked :)

xxstef

HSC
hey guys,
I got told by my school today that I was nominated, I play classical guitar. pretty stoked :)
congrats!
i got told yday by the school that i got nominated too! :) for piano. very surprised and excited!

diamell

HSC
congrats!
i got told yday by the school that i got nominated too! :) for piano. very surprised and excited!
I'm going to do as many takes necessary on my video application so it's perfect..
Does anyone know how many people get nominated?

Erotic Cakes

HSC
HI FIVE FOR BRASS!!! What kind of brass do you play? I play cornet, trumpet, piccolo trumpet and a little bit of tenor horn :) and some bugling on the side
Yeh, I can testament that brass never get nominated. My brother was an excellent trumpeter back in the day, did grade 7 AMEB in grade 7 of school, and in year 11 could hold a note for 77 seconds. He was not even nominated!

I don't know how I can find out if I'm nominated or not, my school's broken up already

ashllis92

HSC
Yeh, I can testament that brass never get nominated. My brother was an excellent trumpeter back in the day, did grade 7 AMEB in grade 7 of school, and in year 11 could hold a note for 77 seconds. He was not even nominated!

I don't know how I can find out if I'm nominated or not, my school's broken up already

Not to discount from your brothers apparent talent, holding a note for 77 seconds doesn't really indicate whether or not he is musical, just technically talented. As for AMEB... pfft they don't mean shit and yes, I have done AMEB 7th grade trumpet ... It's so very sad that brass never get nominated, I don't really understand why they dislike us but there you go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)