I hate english (1 Viewer)

christoffpow

HSC
OK its not my teacher shes great.. it's not that i don't try hard enough.

Im only here to relate to others out there who feel the same way.. :D

i dunno if its a weakness or whatever, but it's weird. I'm getting 90% + for all my other subjects.. but for English i am around the 60% area.. I KNOW THIS IS BAD.... its horrible.

I don't know why i do so bad.. but i hate the fact that english inccorporates the ability to be creative, and have flair.. have great sentence structure and use high levels of sophistication.. thats where i lose marks. I've always been a person of logical thinking and right answer/wrong answer, so maybe this is why i do so bad. I don't know how to put it.. My uai and therefore my future career choice is influenced greatly by my english mark.. but i don't see how english or the ability to write suberb 20/20 essays could EVER coincide with careers in medicine which require an extremely HIGH UAI.

I hate how the mood of a marker can affect the mark of an english paper. In almost every other subject this wouldn't happen.. You answer the question correctly, you get full marks. With an english paper, there are 2884398234093248902348482348023408483428 possibilities of writing an answer, and each answer has 432342349234987234023492348842348234 reasons for the mark it recieved, ranging from use of quotes, techniques, punctuation/grammar, structure, sophistication, etc.. W.T. fucking F

Ill give you an example of what i mean. I dont want my weakness of writing band 6 essays on shakespearean literature, nor my incompetent ability to write exciting 'creative stories' on 'belonging', (which will never affect my future) influence my chance at a sucessful one... if that makes sense.

Thanks for hearing my bitch, now all the english lovers can blow some steam. Does anyone agree with anything i said? And please if your good at english.. please don't say how its 'easy' or i 'dont try hard enough'. If it came to science and mathamatics i would rape you. I guess it's just that i can't think outside the box? I'm not creative? I dunno..

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
english is easy, you probably just dont try hard enough.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
na your problem isnt with english, its the fact that you have the "asian gene"

instead of whinge to the BOS about your problems, what you should do is ask your parents why the fuck did they not make you white

q3thefish

HSC
lol.

HSC markers thrive on very dull, thematic and well-constructed essays.

'flair' is for the creative writing bit bru.

just kno key ideas, quotes and themes - know how to explain each to correspond with the set question and bob's ur uncle.

english is to an extent, logical as well man.

q3thefish

HSC

instead of whinge to the BOS about your problems, what you should do is ask your parents why the fuck did they not make you white
aw someones jealous

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
HSC markers thrive on very dull, thematic and well-constructed essays.

'flair' is for the creative writing bit bru.

just kno key ideas, quotes and themes - know how to explain each to correspond with the set question and bob's ur uncle.

english is to an extent, logical as well man.</SPAN>
Just find a generic band 6 essay, and fill in the blanks. There is set structures you can follow which will guarantee you good marks.

Dumbledore

HSC
He speaks truth. A systemic dislike of English usually stems from not trying or not wanting to try hard enough.
i think the dislike of english comes from these 2 facts:
1: you would hate any subject that your not good at that is relevent to you
2: you are forced to do english

what i mean by relevent to you is that, you wouldn't care if u sucked at a subject you weren't doing

at OP: everyone is in the same boat, everyone has to do english, those that are better at math/sciences are disadvantaged by this, but those that are good at humanties are disadvantaged by the terrible scaling of every subject they like, maths is given incredibly generous scaling and the humanties people can't take advantage of this, sciences are also but to a lesser extent, very generously scaled subjects.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
1: You would hate any subject that your not good at that is relevent to you
2: You are forced to do english

what i mean by relevent to you is that, you wouldn't care if u sucked at a subject you weren't doing

at op: Everyone is in the same boat, everyone has to do english, those that are better at math/sciences are disadvantaged by this, but those that are good at humanties are disadvantaged by the terrible scaling of every subject they like, maths is given incredibly generous scaling and the humanties people can't take advantage of this, sciences are also but to a lesser extent, very generously scaled subjects.
+1

shady145

Banned
HSC

how do u know he's asian

shady145

Banned
HSC
If it came to science and mathamatics i would rape you.
sorry, but i think many people on this site would probably rape u instead... unless your a supernerd or sumthing attending a school ranked 506 for no reason

HSC
1: you would hate any subject that your not good at that is relevent to you
2: you are forced to do english

at OP: everyone is in the same boat, everyone has to do english, those that are better at math/sciences are disadvantaged by this, but those that are good at humanties are disadvantaged by the terrible scaling of every subject they like, maths is given incredibly generous scaling and the humanties people can't take advantage of this, sciences are also but to a lesser extent, very generously scaled subjects.
but im pretty strong at maths & humanities :p
suck at sciences though.

i-hate-engrish

HSC
I liked english until last year....
my english teacher was pure fucking evil....
The year before I was a freaking english genius, and then she popped up and everything went to hell...
Now i have a lovely teacher, but i just cant be fucked because its just full of so much bullshit...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)