I hate first years! (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
another pearl of wisdom from the all knowing atticus
"you cant hate what you once were"

we are having this problem at campus east. a group of about 25 second and third year guys are treating the first years like abosolute shit. refusing to talk to them, hassling the girls and writing them off constantly...

its been dubbed "second year syndrome"

i think the real issue at hand here is

who cares!?
its just another day in the daily grind of uni with some fresh faces. get over it you relics ;)

NOTE: second year

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i thought i would let this go on for a while, but yeah it seems that threadstarter miumiu[used to have another name...girl 10? meh i cant be fucked remembering] hasnt yet realised something of vital importance. she says
MiuMiu said:
Oh, and the whole carpark thing. I only ever have trouble finding a parking spot at the beginning of the year, and it seems its because every single first year drives in their first couple of weeks.
actually u havent had trouble at the beggining of last year or any previous year. Last year pay and display was not available, and so all uni carparks required a red or yellow or some sort of coloured P for parking permit i presume. This wasnt very successful because plenty of carspaces went unused due to, not every1 who had a permit drove everyday, so pay and display was introduced this year, essentially meaning that as long as there is demand, every spot will be filled up.

That is why you are having trouble finding carspaces

when in trouble, be creative, as i was driving up to Western yesterday a girl yelled out her window to me that it was full, so i headed to northern[note: not pay and display] and lapped the whole carpark before i found 1 measely spot. The only spot in the whole carpark had a concrete divider on its right side. and a large 4wd parked OVER THE LINE on the left hand side, so basically i thought fuck it, and parked in there as close to the divider as i could[it was only like 20cm high so i could open door and get out easily] and i still was right up next to his drivers side door, fucked if i know how he got back in, probably via passenger door but yeah made me feel better blocking him in

today i arrived at 10:30...30+ cars circling western, fuck it i join the caroselle and go around and around. A bright idea hits me, a group of 4 males walking into the carpark decked out in boardies, one of them holding a board "hey you blokes, headin out" "yeah mate!" score! so i followed them to the top left corner of the carpark at 2k an hour with a link of about 10 cars behind me, indicated [other cars were like wtf] and waited for them to backout...yay carpark for me!
lo lfuck that, 2morrow iam parking at my cousins

powerhouse

HSC
i can never find a fucking park and ill be driving all year

how do i get one of those permits?

yesterday i actually had to park in a permit zone because i needed to get to my tutorial - it was my first one ever

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
dawso's foolproof guide to succeeding in life

benefits include:

1 - saving money
2 - losing weight + getting fit
3 - GETTING A PARK

the secret...park away from the fucking uni and dont be lazy, there are that many parks around the other side of the gardens, just find a spot and pull in, its not that hard peoples :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Serius said:
i thought i would let this go on for a while, but yeah it seems that threadstarter miumiu[used to have another name...girl 10? meh i cant be fucked remembering] hasnt yet realised something of vital importance. she says

actually u havent had trouble at the beggining of last year or any previous year. Last year pay and display was not available, and so all uni carparks required a red or yellow or some sort of coloured P for parking permit i presume. This wasnt very successful because plenty of carspaces went unused due to, not every1 who had a permit drove everyday, so pay and display was introduced this year, essentially meaning that as long as there is demand, every spot will be filled up.

when in trouble, be creative, as i was driving up to Western yesterday a girl yelled out her window to me that it was full, so i headed to northern[note: not pay and display] and lapped the whole carpark before i found 1 measely spot. The only spot in the whole carpark had a concrete divider on its right side. and a large 4wd parked OVER THE LINE on the left hand side, so basically i thought fuck it, and parked in there as close to the divider as i could[it was only like 20cm high so i could open door and get out easily] and i still was right up next to his drivers side door, fucked if i know how he got back in, probably via passenger door but yeah made me feel better blocking him in

today i arrived at 10:30...30+ cars circling western, fuck it i join the caroselle and go around and around. A bright idea hits me, a group of 4 males walking into the carpark decked out in boardies, one of them holding a board "hey you blokes, headin out" "yeah mate!" score! so i followed them to the top left corner of the carpark at 2k an hour with a link of about 10 cars behind me, indicated [other cars were like wtf] and waited for them to backout...yay carpark for me!
lo lfuck that, 2morrow iam parking at my cousins
Welcome to the world of "believe the bullshit propaganda the university spits out." There carparks were full last year, and the year before, and likely before that. The University sold MORE permits than parking spaces. If everybody turned up at uni, then some people with permits missed out. A condition of purchase was that the student understood that the permit did not guarantee a park. I can assure you, parking spots were filled quickly last year, and the year before.

The university implemented pay and display because it'll give them more silver to line their pockets. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting more money. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Serius said:
actually u havent had trouble at the beggining of last year or any previous year. Last year pay and display was not available,
WTF? You're a first year, how would you know what the parking situation was like in the last 2 years?

1. The multi-story parking lot was always pay-as-you-go. And impossible to get a park in in the first few weeks.

2. Western Carpark has been pay & display for awhile now. You don't think they did a trial run before completely overhauling the system? Yeesh.

3. Believe it or not, the uni sold way more parking permits than car spaces (they're not as dumb as you apparently--they sell more permits than spaces because they recognise that not everyone attends everyday, and people have a variety of start and finish times). As such, not only did all the first years go for the parking permits, they also took up all the spaces in the first weeks before they properly sorted out their timetables.

So thanks for pretending to recall my uni experience better than I do, but you don't know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
in that you may be right miu miu but you are still being a dork about first years

Ninga

HSC
Yeah well, I guess we just all have to accept each other. Everyone is striving (everyone but Raiks) to finish uni as fast as they can so they can join the workforce, go travel, get married and make babies, or whatever their dreams may hold. Whether they use a parking spot or not is irrelevant in the end. Everyone has hopes and aspirations, and to treat them as another first year in the line is disgusting. Lets just be more accepting of each other, rather than categorise each other. In another week or two it won't make a difference what year you're in, you'll just be another random face in the crowd...

ps - I hope that made sense. Writing thesises doesnt allow me much scope to use randomly big words, or emotive language. Lets all just be nice to each other now :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Without Wings said:
do ppl with aids get a disabled sticker nick?

and yay for public transport.
if so its time to go walking bare foot in the fm surf club toilets

Moonshadow

~*Almost Here*~
HSC
Ninga said:
Yeah well, I guess we just all have to accept each other. Everyone is striving (everyone but Raiks) to finish uni as fast as they can so they can join the workforce, go travel, get married and make babies, or whatever their dreams may hold. Whether they use a parking spot or not is irrelevant in the end. Everyone has hopes and aspirations, and to treat them as another first year in the line is disgusting. Lets just be more accepting of each other, rather than categorise each other. In another week or two it won't make a difference what year you're in, you'll just be another random face in the crowd...

ps - I hope that made sense. Writing thesises doesnt allow me much scope to use randomly big words, or emotive language. Lets all just be nice to each other now :)
I agree. In the words of Ahmad, "It costs nothing to be nice" :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ninga said:
Yeah well, I guess we just all have to accept each other. Everyone is striving (everyone but Raiks) to finish uni as fast as they can so they can join the workforce, go travel, get married and make babies, or whatever their dreams may hold.

Yeah, I'm quite happy cruising around campus, but this may shock you Ninga but it's only part time now. Raiks has himself a fulltime job, a company car, company phone and company laptop.... I decided that I really should get moving on that job, travel etc, so I've decided to do both at once.

HSC
I don't mind first years, it's nice to see *someone* smiling around the place at least, and if it wasn't for the constant stream of kids with their aspirations and what-not still in tact, well, it just wouldn't happen :)

Ninga

HSC
Raiks said:
Yeah, I'm quite happy cruising around campus, but this may shock you Ninga but it's only part time now. Raiks has himself a fulltime job, a company car, company phone and company laptop.... I decided that I really should get moving on that job, travel etc, so I've decided to do both at once.

Congrats mate, that just means you'll be at uni for twice as long as a part time student :)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Moonshadow said:
I agree. In the words of Ahmad, "It costs nothing to be nice" :D

Ahmed....the man is a GOD!!

benno22

HSC
N/A
Anyone who parks in any of the uni car parks is a fucking dickhead, go park near the gardens or the long road behind the western carpark. Its FREE, not timed and spaces are always available.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ninga said:
Congrats mate, that just means you'll be at uni for twice as long as a part time student :)
You don't see me complaining. Meh, what's another few years going to do. :D ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)