I hate parking officers (1 Viewer)

Some_Guy

HSC
some serious questions also:

think parking without my P plates on would result in less fines?

also if i see one of them giving me a fine do i have the right to spit in their face?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
this will not lessen your fine, if anything it would make your car a target for fines.

this is assult, you will be prosecuted and charged, and when all that is done you will probably be fined every single time you park anywhere.

macoboi

HSC
we get it bad here, where i work we park the delivery cars in the alley out the back of the restaurant, and a couple of times during the day someones walked out to find all 3 cars have been fined for parking in a loading zone. When the parking officer had it explained to her that they were work cars, and needed to be parked in the loading zone, she replied "they dont look like trucks to me, what loads do they carry?"

Dyke.

Parking inspectors are worse than police.

Jiga

Yeah parking officers are f**ked, my experiences:

* A friend parked his car up a kerb onto some grass because their were no spots, we were going to the footy and it was packed. Now like 5 cars had did this, not obstructing any path or anything. All were fined.

* I parked in a bus zone for about 2mins, came back and was fined. The particular stop has poor signage, like two small posts with a tiny sign 50m apart, out front of a doctors surgary and other houses where you'd think its ok to park. Im assuming this particular spot is a common target for officers, there are always cars parked their.

In other words, I really do hate them... fair enough if you do something completely wrong like double park or some crap, but they use their councils poor signage or inadequate parking facilities to exploit people.

HSC
i got a parking fine at uni during the effing holidays .. i was in the library for like five minutes handing in an assignment and came back to a fine. during the holidays? what the hell, man.

gna

HSC
Jobs a job mate, they have targets to meet themselves.

I just suppose we are all unlucky, well the one's that have been fined..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i could understand why they have to fine certain people.....ie parking near an intersection, but i guess its a bit ridiculous to fine people who overpark for like 5 mins

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I have never had a problem with parking officers. Dont park illegally and most of the time they arent a problem. One time i was parked for maybe not even 5mins over the limit, parking guy stopped at my car, look at his watch and then saw me approaching the car so he walked on... i thought that was pretty good, so i feel most of them will give you some sort of leniency aslong as you are pretty close in time.

Another time i got fined parking around uni, most of the streets are unrestricted parking, some have certain conditions like no more than 2 hours or something, i guess i parked in a funny spot way passed 2 hours thinking it was unrestricted... oh well, my bad not the parking officers fault cause he was just doing his job.

Same with cops, australian police are very good, usually pretty lenient and use their descretion alot.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
Yeah, well I hate black people but you don't see me making a thread about it.
um....................................................................................just what kind of a reply are you expecting from your idiotic comment?

You black person. Yeah, it's not the N word but you don't see people not getting offended for it.

Seriously, just get a life and stop stiring shit by pretending you're from the states. Go cut some grass for your neighbours. They will appreciate you for being there.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
T-mac01 said:
um....................................................................................just what kind of a reply are you expecting from your idiotic comment?

You black person. Yeah, it's not the N word but you don't see people not getting offended for it.

Seriously, just get a life and stop stiring shit by pretending you're from the states. Go cut some grass for your neighbours. They will appreciate you for being there.
Shutup.

CieL

HSC
Hm.. I've been fined once..

Used to work on King St Wharf.. and I was a n00b working a lunch shift.. couldnt find free parking.. and my shift should of started already.. so I just parked in a 2P (or was it 4P nfi) zone and went to the meter and it was fucking $4.40/hr.. I had $4.50 in coins and a $50 note.. the closest place I could get change would take me prolly 6-7mins.. so I was like omgwtf.. shove $4.50 in and hope for the best..

Long story short.. when I tried to move my car in my break, I realised I basically broke even that day...

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
The P-plate thing depends upon he individual officer, but parking officers have less discretion than police officers. One of my tutors from last semester rushed to a job in a shopping centre, parked illegally, returned to see one writing a fine to place on the police car! He asked the guy if he knew why he parked illegally, the parking officer said "yep".. placed it on the car and walked away.
that was gary groves. i remember that story from foundations haha.

Scanorama

HSC
Some_Guy said:

also if i see one of them giving me a fine do i have the right to spit in their face?

Are you serious?

Some_Guy

HSC
Scanorama said:
Are you serious?
Some_Guy said:

also another question..

ive always assumed 2P and 4P areas tell you the maximum hours you can park in that area. however someone told me the other day that it means a 4P zone will have twice as large a penalty as a 2P zone. is this guy an idiot or his he right?

pottsy44

HSC
Some_Guy said:
also another question..

ive always assumed 2P and 4P areas tell you the maximum hours you can park in that area. however someone told me the other day that it means a 4P zone will have twice as large a penalty as a 2P zone. is this guy an idiot or his he right?
ahh? i thought it meant the number of hours you were allowed to park there for too, but im not sure.

im going with the idea that the guy is an idiot :)

bizadfar

HSC
macoboi said:
we get it bad here, where i work we park the delivery cars in the alley out the back of the restaurant, and a couple of times during the day someones walked out to find all 3 cars have been fined for parking in a loading zone. When the parking officer had it explained to her that they were work cars, and needed to be parked in the loading zone, she replied "they dont look like trucks to me, what loads do they carry?"

Dyke.

Parking inspectors are worse than police.
Mate, same situation here!

My father runs around the city dropping off stock for his little stores. We share a car.. a simple hatch. Whenever his loaded, he puts the back seats down so there is quite alot of room. ANyway this Officer SEES him unloading and fines him. He had a huge aggressive argument with the officer for being so "retarded, unreasonable" and "blind" and refused to pay the fine. Anyway he went to court and the just as fucking retarded judge made him pay out (albiet almost 2 months later!)

Sometimes he takes the 4WD, but yea he got fined in that too for unloading in an unloading zone. Ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)