I Hate University (2 Viewers)

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I'm also finding uni actually worse than school atm
Think cos i have less friends there, travels a bitch and the money to make the bitch happy is gay, (most) lecturers talk too fast and i end up not understanding stuff but i think i will learn to over time, dont get forced to study/do homework (LOL), ANDDD im running out of clothes because we have no uniform.

another really important reason is that the days go fast as hell. towards the end of school the days went heaps quick but uni's even faster than school. its already week 3 WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! next thing you know its gonna be week 6, then the finals... and then the end of the world.
unsw > nsb

maddy39

HSC
Hate university too yo although it's only been a week -

enoilgam

HSC
another really important reason is that the days go fast as hell. towards the end of school the days went heaps quick but uni's even faster than school. its already week 3 WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! next thing you know its gonna be week 6, then the finals... and then the end of the world.
So true, time at uni goes way faster then High school. I reakon its because of the pace and the fact that you arent there as much as you are in high school.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh I'd probs be mad if it was every day but once a month or so I actually like it too, generally music or read etc.

Not so much when the train is packed though.

Which I guess is offtopic in a uni thread but, eat it mods!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
University is the greatest thing in the world, but you'd be correct in thinking that it isn't for everyone. The main problem that I think a lot of kids have is that they're used to that forced interaction that you had in high school. It's non-existent in uni and that's what separates the people with decent social skills from the people who are part asparagus. That being said, nearly all of my friends from uni are from this site and I'm lucky enough to do a small cohort degree to know most people in my degree, or at least what they look like.

Nearly everyone has difficulty adjusting to the workload, but some people don't (ie the one dude who got 100% in higher maths last year without picking up a pen (cunt)). Be friends with those people, it's likely that they can get you ahead in life at some point. There are plenty of guides around here for starting uni students, I suggest you go and browse them.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Oh and yeah the travel can lick donkey's balls if you're a fair way away like me, but you can make the most of it by learning to read books. I'm currently getting through Moby Dick on the train, however I usually fall asleep reading it on the way back from uni because reading makes me sleepy if I'm already pretty tired. It's a pretty good way to expand your working literary knowledge or you can just read textbooks and junk and try to learn ahead/revise

mirakon

nigga
HSC
This is offputting.. im in year12 and looking forward to uni (if i get in). lol
lol how is it off-putting when most of the feedback about uni in this thread has been very positive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)