I Hate University (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Friendship is Magic, guys.

Anyway, you just have to make the effort at uni. For example, on Friday - if I hadn't talked to a girl before my English lecture last week, I would've sat on the bus and not talked to anyone and probably might've looked at her and thought "She must be an Arts student".

But, I made the effort to talk to her last week, randomly saw her in the bus line - sacrificed a few spots and went to talk to her. That bus ride was many, many, many times better than it would've been otherwise.

Just make the effort...

HSC
Uni Grad

Anyway, you just have to make the effort at uni. For example, on Friday - if I hadn't talked to a girl before my English lecture last week, I would've sat on the bus and not talked to anyone and probably might've looked at her and thought "She must be an Arts student".

But, I made the effort to talk to her last week, randomly saw her in the bus line - sacrificed a few spots and went to talk to her. That bus ride was many, many, many times better than it would've been otherwise.

Just make the effort...
Yes. If you want to do anything, you need the initiative :)

Talking to people may be hard at first. It may be uncomfortable but then it won't be of benefit to you if you don't have any friends.

mash121

HSC

Just make the effort...
i saw u on friday sitting by urself in the 2901 lecture, where was the effort then brah

HSC
The only thing I hate is taking this scif 1101 class (which I'm thinking I might drop) and expensive food. Otherwise, it's where I want to be, I'm studying what I love and everything is pretty ace.

I travel 2 hours just to get to uni everyday, if I truly despised it there's no way I'd put myself through a 4 hour commute 5 days a week. Trust me, for those of us who have plenty of travel time, you'll come to appreciate it on the days of exams. You've got a pretty quiet environment where the chance of anybody bothering you is close to 0%. No distractions (unless you look out the window) and you do it to pass the time. Pretty great way to do some last minute revision. Also, if you forget to do your readings, just do them on the commute, and it's all still fresh in your mind when you get to your tutorial etc.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I travel 2 hours just to get to uni everyday, if I truly despised it there's no way I'd put myself through a 4 hour commute 5 days a week. Trust me, for those of us who have plenty of travel time, you'll come to appreciate it on the days of exams. You've got a pretty quiet environment where the chance of anybody bothering you is close to 0%. No distractions (unless you look out the window) and you do it to pass the time. Pretty great way to do some last minute revision. Also, if you forget to do your readings, just do them on the commute, and it's all still fresh in your mind when you get to your tutorial etc.
Speak for yourself I too travel 2 hrs both ways yet my train is always overcrowded or full of kids blasting their music on almost every carriage.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
the friends you make, the parties they have and the people you meet make it bearable (in my well informed 2 weeks at university opinion)

do some more of this
This. (from one week)

Im a homebody from whoop whoop land.
I'm from 2 hours away, I just make friends with people, and I'm like, anti-social.

Fucking love uni so much. I actually went to like 3 lectures and 1 tutorial that wasn't even part of my course this week cause I'm just so keen for everything there.
ZOMG THE MUSIC PRAC LECTURE IS AMAZING.
Why does life have to be so good?
I <3 you.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I dislike university as well. I haven't put my finger on it 100% as to why this is yet, though.

It's not that I don't like my degree; I don't mind learning it, and I most certainly don't mind working in my field (I work part time), so it isn't that I don't like the area of study I'm in.

In terms of the social aspect, I do ok - a lot of my friends I made since starting uni (my cohort is more or less like a school-cohort, 200 people, so it's more or less the same). Plus, there's 100+ people that I knew from high school at uni, so that helps.

Personally, I think it's because the exams and shit are weighted so heavily (often 80-100%), and I don't perform terribly well in exams (exam anxiety issues and whatnot). Meh. But as I said, haven't 100% figured it out yet.

Wake Up

HSC
Is it possible yo get friends next semester? Or the window of oppurtinity only open in the first few weeks of uni?

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you don't hate University, maybe you just hate The University of New South Wales?

halapenyo

HSC
Is it possible yo get friends next semester? Or the window of oppurtinity only open in the first few weeks of uni?
well the subjects change each semester, so you will have different classes and lectures, hence you hav chance to meet new people next sem too.

Lumix

HSC
The only thing I hate is taking this scif 1101 class (which I'm thinking I might drop)
I also hated the SCIF 1101 course and dropped it at the end of week 1. It is very socially orientated that I can't take seriously. If you really want to drop it, you should do it soon because you will miss out on a lot of content for the course you will want to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)