I have a copy cat friend.... (1 Viewer)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Ok..this may sound really lame and all but I need help.
I've always been an individual with my own music tastes and own clothing style and everything. I've been friends with this girl for maybe 3-4 years.

This year, my friend started to copy me...especially my music style and it is really pissing me off. At first she was going on and on about how she hated this music and that it "isn't even music" but then suddenly BOOM the next day she comes to school and is like, I really like this music.

Of course, I was really angry because the day before she was like “it’s not even music” and now she loves it and claims that it has saved her and shes all obsessed with it and what not. I don’t know why but it really peeves me off. I sort of just want it to go back to the old days… She knows I’m mad with her and I’ve told her numerous times that I’m annoyed that she used to say it wasn’t music and the next day she loves it. I liked being an individual. I liked being different to my friends. She’s really, really, REALLY into all that pop crap that they play on the radio and then BOOM she suddenly likes rock music and punk music and screamo music and just that style of music which she couldn’t even stand before.

It just annoys me, like shes beginning to copy me more and more. I’m scared that soon she is going to copy my hairstyle and makeup (I don’t see that many people in my school who have this hair style in fact i think I’ve only seen one other), so if she starts to copy that, I’ll be even more mad.

What can I do? It’s pissing me off. One day I changed my bio on twitter, then a few hours later I checked hers and it said a VERY similar thing to mine and was laid out almost the same way. I HATE PEOPLE WHO COPY ME AND I ALWAYS HAVE. It is irritating.

What can I do? I’ve told her to go back to her old pop ‘bands’ and that probably came off really mean, but you have no idea how much this is annoying me. I don’t know what to do. I wish things were normal again. I don’t even talk to her much anymore because literally everything she does annoys me now. It’s like please just go and find your own style, dont copy mine. This has just added to the enormous amount of problems in my life and no I can’t just ‘get over it’.

Sorry, this probably sounded really lame and childish...but it is seriously annoying me and I don't know what to do -.-

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Be flattered, she admires you it seems and wants to be more like you.

Axio

=o
HSC
Start acting like how she used to, then she'll copy that and go back to her old ways. And then secretly become yourself again, but never around her. That'll fix it.

reallydontcare

HSC
this happens to me all the time
it's pretty much inevitable when you're this individual and uniqueeeee
amirite u special snowflake? ;) XD XD

sincerely,
That odd, silent girl with the cool hair.
I fall for dem hot guys with the flippy hair, piercings and tattoos...
Pretty much failing school right now. :| :{ ._.

"Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting." ~ Kellin Quinn

reallydontcare

HSC
Start acting like how she used to, then she'll copy that and go back to her old ways. And then secretly become yourself again, but never around her. That'll fix it.
LMAO so randommmm
rawr
trollface.jpg

rawrliongirl

HSC
this happens to me all the time
it's pretty much inevitable when you're this individual and uniqueeeee
amirite u special snowflake? ;) XD XD

sincerely,
That odd, silent girl with the cool hair.
I fall for dem hot guys with the flippy hair, piercings and tattoos...
Pretty much failing school right now. :| :{ ._.

"Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting." ~ Kellin Quinn
T_T

rawrliongirl

HSC
ugh i dont wanna pretend to be someone im not, and i also dont want to act how she did..ew.. pop music...grossssss X(

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
Ok..this may sound really lame and all but I need help.
I've always been an individual with my own music tastes and own clothing style and everything. I've been friends with this girl for maybe 3-4 years.

This year, my friend started to copy me...especially my music style and it is really pissing me off. At first she was going on and on about how she hated this music and that it "isn't even music" but then suddenly BOOM the next day she comes to school and is like, I really like this music.

Of course, I was really angry because the day before she was like “it’s not even music” and now she loves it and claims that it has saved her and shes all obsessed with it and what not. I don’t know why but it really peeves me off. I sort of just want it to go back to the old days… She knows I’m mad with her and I’ve told her numerous times that I’m annoyed that she used to say it wasn’t music and the next day she loves it. I liked being an individual. I liked being different to my friends. She’s really, really, REALLY into all that pop crap that they play on the radio and then BOOM she suddenly likes rock music and punk music and screamo music and just that style of music which she couldn’t even stand before.

It just annoys me, like shes beginning to copy me more and more. I’m scared that soon she is going to copy my hairstyle and makeup (I don’t see that many people in my school who have this hair style in fact i think I’ve only seen one other), so if she starts to copy that, I’ll be even more mad.

What can I do? It’s pissing me off. One day I changed my bio on twitter, then a few hours later I checked hers and it said a VERY similar thing to mine and was laid out almost the same way. I HATE PEOPLE WHO COPY ME AND I ALWAYS HAVE. It is irritating.

What can I do? I’ve told her to go back to her old pop ‘bands’ and that probably came off really mean, but you have no idea how much this is annoying me. I don’t know what to do. I wish things were normal again. I don’t even talk to her much anymore because literally everything she does annoys me now. It’s like please just go and find your own style, dont copy mine. This has just added to the enormous amount of problems in my life and no I can’t just ‘get over it’.

Sorry, this probably sounded really lame and childish...but it is seriously annoying me and I don't know what to do -.-
You liked? Does this mean you no longer wish to become an individual? Putting this aside, you have about twos years left with her, you better hope that she does not go into the same uni, and same course as you. If this happens, aim for a high enough atar so that she cannot reach it and pick a course where you can get in but she can't.

Alternatively, aim so low that she dares not pick the same uni and course as you.

Have you asked why she is copying you? Listen to her response. You should tell her, "If you really want to be like me, you have to be an individual and find the things YOU like, do things YOUR way. Only then, will you truly be like me because I am an individual." Hopefully, she will find her own sense of identity (fuck AOS Belonging all over again). The way you express things is too forceful and you should say in a suggsetive manner. Give it a try.

This problem adds to your current problems to a significant extent. This tells me two things:
1. You really really really hate this person who is trying to be a mirror image to the point she becomes a major factor in your conflicts.
2. You make a big deal out of things when they really aren't. Admittedly, I am being biased because I don't let friends become a major problem in my life. In fact, they should not be a problem at all. Friends are there to impact positively.
A suggestion is to maybe find new friends, move groups (I've done this). Ignore her (not sure if your capable of this from the hatred radiating from your post.

In my opinion, you are absolutely right. This is childish and lame so deal with it ASAP.

However, I will wish you all the best for the resolution of your problem. And if it doesnt work out, prepare a grave (I joke, don't). If you learn to deal with these type of things now, the next time it happens will be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)