• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I heard a rumour!!! (2 Viewers)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chand
whered you hear it from?
A friend who goes to a private school got told before they did an exam

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: I heard a rumour!!!

Originally posted by Merethrond
Did you hear this on "60 Minutes" on Sunday night? They said something about this then:).
nup someone else i know whos in yr 12 got told

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
How does a government "ban" the HSC?Just my amusing observation. :)
I think she means that the government will just implement a new system:).

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
australia is already stupid enough.....if they get rid of the hsc or any form of external assessment i think there will be huge queues at centrelink...

also 60minutes is all sensational crap...i won't take anything from the show as anything for a fact

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
done ur research have u?
nah my friend from Brisbane told me.. i'd hate to have one exam after another :cold:

Originally posted by redslert
australia is already stupid enough.....if they get rid of the hsc or any form of external assessment i think there will be huge queues at centrelink...
lol i would so totally agreee..
but the education system would crash and there wouldnt be jobs for people.. it'd back to those olden days where if ur father was a blacksmith, then you too would learn his trade.... now... if only the CEO of coca-cola was my father :D:D:D:D

in regards to 60 minutes? i thinkg the media is corrupting our views :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
it'd back to those olden days where if ur father was a blacksmith, then you too would learn his trade....
No not accounting Ill never go into that *Xayma runs off screaming*

sara

Originally posted by redslert

also 60minutes is all sensational crap...i won't take anything from the show as anything for a fact [/B]
hehehehe...true...after frontline ill never b able to just mindlessly watch TV like that....damn hsc english!!!

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
Queensland have like a HSC.. but its different..
their final exams are within 2 days... so u'll have like exam after exam after exam....
it's not really the same at all... they basically do all their subject exams/assesments within school

the 2 day thing is made up of basic core skills, which from what i gather is pretty similar to our School Certificate... and it's all at year 10 level...
but the downside is, their internal assesments count from yr 11, not like us with just yr 12

Benno

HSC
If you ask me its time for a god damn national education system so everyone is really doing the same work!!!!

if u ask me and UAI of 80 is way better than a Enter score of 80 yet both are the "same" (Bullshit!)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
i highly doubt they would scrap it, they spent years "refining" it to deliver us this one.................maybe they'll re-asses it, but i doubt theyd do another overhaul for a while

Originally posted by Benno
If you ask me its time for a god damn national education system so everyone is really doing the same work!!!!

if u ask me and UAI of 80 is way better than a Enter score of 80 yet both are the "same" (Bullshit!)
yeah you'd think that something like that would have been implemented ages ago....................but i'd be worried about creating one big huge giant BOS, it'd have super powers or something, its scary enough as it is.

parko :D

psycho_mushy

HSC
nah.... NSW is far too advance to do that.....

screw the QLD racists bastards and the boring ACT's

pri

HSC
N/A
HSC is stressful no doubt, but then everything else will seem less stressful in compasrison

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
pfft... less stressful.... wait for University final exams.... just like a HSC every 6 months. But you grow with the increased difficulties because you are forced to adjust... it's not the stress thats the problem, it's how people handle it.

And we all know Queensland is full of bloodnut country yokels :D lol

The HSC does work, even though it does have its faults but you'll never get a perfect system so just a bit of fine tuning is all that is needed, and more promotion about the fact that there is life after HSC and you can always gain tertiary education requirements through TAFE etc, and the HSC & UAI is quicker but not the only way of making it to uni.

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
The HSC does work, even though it does have its faults but you'll never get a perfect system so just a bit of fine tuning is all that is needed, and more promotion about the fact that there is life after HSC and you can always gain tertiary education requirements through TAFE etc, and the HSC & UAI is quicker but not the only way of making it to uni.
yes!

kids at school are begining to learn that through the incorporation of VET courses and TAFE courses in the HSC. Now parents, relatives, the media, etc etc need to know this aswell!

the HSC does work. It's sposed to test you- thats why it's hard (well bits of it anyways!). You're proving that you have learnt something over the last 2 years and havent been wasting your time....

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
My school next year is having a parent and student information night to inform the next crop of Yr12's and their parents/guardians about alternatives to a UAI to get into uni and explaining everything which the BOS doesn't do a very good job... It's a good first step because even though the kids know, the information hardly ever reaches the parents... Plus I was invited to talk and give my perspective on things which means free food and drink etc. :D

Main thing is just letting people know a UAI isn't the be all and end all and that there is always options to get where you want to go.

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
thats an awesome idea. I hope it catches on. I know our school has a yr 11 parent info night thing, but it just discusses the structure of senior levels of study, etc etc etc. They're starting to talk about VET and TAFE abit more, but still not many kids in my year know that they can get into uni via other means. Yes, it's the easiest and quickest way to get there, but someimes you've gotta be open to things that happen and have a back up.

I know our careers adviser (who is a champ!) spends so much time helping explain to kids about TAFE, VET, other colleges, alternative entry schemes etc etc. But her work wont be enough to convince the general public that life still goes on if you dont get into uni right after yr 12.

hope the food is better than the half-frozen scones and orange mix-up cordial my school has. hehehe

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I think they also have to explain that uni isn't everything either and that a lot of people drop out of uni during their first year anyway showing that uni isn't meant for everyone... it's much better doing a TAFE course in something you love to do rather than get into uni and do something you detest before dropping out in 2nd year.

My grade had 14 people go to uni, and at present only 7 still attend... because people went to uni due to a pressure and thinking that uni is what you're supposed to be striving for instead of realising that if you find something you love to do, you usually do it well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)