• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I heard a rumour!!! (1 Viewer)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
yeah there seems to be a stigma attatched to TAFE that it isnt as good as a university education, which is a shame.

people just need to be educated about the education systems available i think, and yeah, realise that finding a place where they can do what they love (wether that be uni, TAFE, apprenticeship, etc etc) is the best decision that they can make

parko :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
If anything, when it comes to Hospitality, Tourism etc, TAFE tends to be better than uni because you get the hands on experience as well which is much better than a uni degree where all you have is theory and haven't put it all into practice.

There really needs to be a breakdown of the stigma associated with TAFE because it's severely affecting the choices students are making about what they want to do after school.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im all for making the HSC a national thing, but you would run into quite a few problems.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah we have that at our school but its HARD! And I couldn't have done it you need to do maths eep!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Im all for making the HSC a national thing, but you would run into quite a few problems.
What would they be:confused:?

Originally posted by Harimau
People can actually also do the International Baccleurate, thats also accepted for universities.
What is that:confused:?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
international verison of the hSC, where a good blanace of sciences and humanities are examined

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
na, but wouldn't that make it harder for ppl. to top the subjects, and to get higher marks? it would also b difficult logistic-wise i guess.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It wouldnt (in theory) make it harder to get the top UAIs, topping the subjects would be made harder however.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
omg eng ext.2...i saw young writers bk 01,02 etc. how can u be expected to churn out that kind of quality?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)