I just don't know anymore (4 Viewers)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I am just so depressed about it :(
What have you got to be depressed about?

That you might have missed the 'best years' of your life?

Have you noticed the people who always say that are the ones who never go to uni, who never make anything for themselves except to reminiscence about their days in high school ?

To be honest with you I don't even remember most of my high school days.

All I remember is pretty much the teachers, (the interesting ones and the ones that really cared for you), hanging out near the blue heaters in the winter, and a few friends that i still keep in touch with (less than 5).
I don't remember much of the exams either. (maybe i repressed that aspect lol)

Cheer up.

Feel free to PM me if you want :)

halapenyo

HSC
you might just be an introvert. no need to get depressed about it.

Annihilist

HSC
I really have no idea how I've lead my life to this point. I really never had any real friends, there are people I sort of hang with but we aren't friends. I am just that weird kid whom is the odd one out.

Every year I promise myself ill get better but it never happens. I am in year 12, I've never been in a relation, been to a party, or even been to someone elses house
I am exactly the same. I moved to my school at the start of last year - I had a group of friends at the start of last year as well but they all turned their back on my by the end. I'm just floating by myself, keeping my own company. I've always been an odd one out, I've never had a long term friendship either. They've all just come and gone.

It's actually not that bad though. I get lots of opportunity to read, I don't have to buy anyone any food, I don't have to deal with people being hard to interpret, I don't have to impress anyone or live up to any standards. In general I like being by myself. It's actually quite a pleasant existence in my opinion. It has it's downsides, but so does everything.

Besides, high school means shit all. The sociality of it is so superficial and fake.

aspie central: high school nonsense thread
HSC
you might just be an introvert. no need to get depressed about it.
you make it sound like a disease man

"Doctor: It's worse than I feared.
Mother: What is it?
Doctor: I'm afraid your daughter is... reserved and soft-spoken.
Mother: Reserved and soft-spoken?
Doctor: Yes. They're symptoms of a rare condition characterised by a need to process emotions, thoughts, and observations internally... and perceivable social ineptitude.
Mother: Can she lead a normal life?
Doctor: No. She'll be an introvert.
Mother: Oh, no! [crying]
Doctor: There, there. Don't blame yourself."

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
come to the next bos meet

we will be your friands

halapenyo

HSC

Doctor: Yes. They're symptoms of a rare condition characterised by a need to process emotions, thoughts, and observations internally... and perceivable social ineptitude.
trust me. im not doing that much better than OP in terms of social life. i just accept the fact that i am naturally a introverted sort of person. like i wouldnt go up to someone and start a conversation, my natural instinct would be for them to approach me.
its your genes that predominantly determine what sort of personality you have anyway.

aspie central: high school nonsense thread
HSC
trust me. im not doing that much better than OP in terms of social life. i just accept the fact that i am naturally a introverted sort of person. like i wouldnt go up to someone and start a conversation, my natural instinct would be for them to approach me.
its your genes that predominantly determine what sort of personality you have anyway.
lol i was joking halapenyo
(not rly though, you're worse than hitler)

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
so much self hatred in this thread. what the hell is wrong with you people? if you can't bear to be alone then I don't really know how you'll live

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I think I'm pretty mixed.

In social situations etc I'm pretty extroverted and opinionated but when it comes down to it I don't have many close friends because I'd usually prefer to be by myself.

xaic34

HSC
N/A
Wow I feel so old posting here but I swear it was just yesterday when I did my HSC. I signed up when I saw this post just to respond to you applepie1234123.

First of all, everything is going to be alright :) Don't fret petal.

The world is so much bigger than you think it is right now. These last 18 years are such a small part of your life and in the coming 4 or 5 years you're going to live through so many experiences that are going to make your first 18 seem like a heartbeat. Each second you spend thinking about your past and where you are now is a second of your life wasted because in 4 or 5 years time you're going to look back (like I am) and just. not. care.

Here's the catch. In a few months you're going to be set adrift without a clear destination or guidance. The universe is going to give you ONE opportunity and tell you that this is your time and tell you to do with it whatever you will. YOU need to make the most of these years. Because no one else can live an amazing life for you. Point your compass at where you want to go and just go. Make sure you get in to the university and course you want and spend the rest of your time thinking and planning for the amazing trip through Europe/Asia/Africa/America/Whatever you're going to go on and the amazing exchange program you're going to go on and all the new experiences you want to make sure you have.

When you get to university get involved. Get. Involved. No one cares about your past at university and neither should you. So fuck it all and step out of your comfort zone. You're going to grow so much as a person in the process and realise that all the things that appear important to you right now never actually ever mattered; you only imagine they do and so it seems real to you. Oh, and get a job if you don't have one. Receptionist jobs are good! And make sure you have lots of money to spend on cab rides home!

Move out if you have to. It's going to be the hardest decision you make in your life but you need to be real with yourself. Are you going to live your life to the fullest at home? If the answer isn't a resounding yes move out. Go find share accommodation in Paddington or Glebe or Surry Hills or something and realise that compared to the weirdo's out there you're exceptionally normal. And more importantly meet people who are nothing like you and keep expanding your world view. All the rules change when you get out of high school but you need to decide that you've had enough and that you're going to grab life by the balls.

Here is the best piece of advice you're going to get from me: the moment when you're feeling a little uncomfortable and you're thinking that maybe this isn't for you; just go with it. It may not always end well (and please make sure it doesn't end in tragedy) but it will become a memory for you that you will cherish later in life.

And if the going ever gets tough in the coming years, never forget: it's the bitterness of the moment that's the sweetness of life.

Annihilist

HSC
And if the going ever gets tough in the coming years, never forget: it's the bitterness of the moment that's the sweetness of life.
So poetically faux.

Although the rest of your post, while overly optimistic, could be somewhat helpful.

RANK 1

HSC
just go to your uni's o-week and im sure you'll make friends there. also during hsc friends arnt really that important. on the other hand if your smart you can attract other people by helping them although you should make sure you're not being used

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

OBVIOUSLY STOLEN FROM ENGINEER COMiC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)