I know someone who got busted for cheating in the hsc (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
nah. 30 internal then divide by 2.

15 hsc mark still pretty good :)

nobody can get that shit brah. achievement unlocked
There is sarcasm in literally every post of yours..

I laugh errytime :lol:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Part of the malpractice warning says that you can be rendered ineligible for the award of the HSC as well as just getting 0 for the exam. So I think it depends on what you do/how nice the supervisor feels.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There will be an inquiry where the student will be able to put their side of the story and then the BOSTES will make a determination about what penalty to apply from nothing to the entire HSC out the window.

I have known of students who were penalised with a zero for one section of one paper to students who have lost their entire HSC due to cheating during the exam.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
[/B]

it starts to get annoying after the first few exams, because the same lady reads it every time :/
Every exam in uni too... For some reason you can't leave your seat for the first 90 minutes also and I'm like but what if I need to take a dump or a piss

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
[/B]

it starts to get annoying after the first few exams, because the same lady reads it every time :/
They don't read that spiel to remind students; students are expected to know this already.

Basically it absolves BOSTES of any accusation that the student was unaware of this requirement. In other words, a student can never say they weren't warned.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That is because it is possible for students to enter the exam room in that time period - entering late. So one student goes in sees the paper, makes some mental notes - leaves the room and tells their friend what is in the paper. They spend 30 minutes or so just going over that stuff and then rock up with some excuse that will see them get the entire time allocation but they have had 30 minutes or so to prepare the exam before they start (was a practise in times past - don't know how long ago as the 1 hour or 90 minutes rule was in when I did HSC and uni back in the 70s but before that it did happen).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)