I Know Whats In The Hsc Exam!! (1 Viewer)

Haku

what book u got the structure from?

and also, what is the yield of ethanol form fermentation?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
nosadness said:

About 15%. He didn't get it from a book, he got it from the net...presumably google.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
nosadness said:

yep 14-15%

Should be all good for tomoz. Hopefully they dont pull out some of those questions where u need padantic wording.

2 discussion questions for each option, that will suck but its good if u know it!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
OK, if we are to believe that this is the case (dot-points not asked as of yet will be asked tomorrow) have questions ever been asked multiple times in previous HSC's? E.g. was a question that was asked in 2001 asked again in 2003?

I think if this isn't the case, then we can safely say that we'll get the remainder of the dot-points. Unfortunately, I do believe that this is the case...and such, we could be asked anything...just as always.

If anything, doing a bit of added research of this unanswered points has proved to be pretty effective...these are some points I haven't covered as much as some others.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
nosadness said:
are u sure its that low?

can the stuff be reused?
No, I'm making it up to doom your HSC. :p

The resulting mixture after fermentation is only 15% ethanol (or 14 - 15 as Lace said.) Hence the need for distillation afterwards.

EDIT: By 'stuff' I'll assume you mean the reactants (that is, the remaining glucose and stuff that's left over from fermentation. Taking this definition of 'stuff,' I'm basing this on common sense, but I would say no. The yeast would be effectively dead at this stage and the loss of carbon dioxide and ethanol produced would mean only a very, very, very small amount of glucose would be remaining. It would be much more effective to just start over if you're going to make more ethanol, since extracting anything useful from the resulting solution aside from ethanol would be long-winded and unneccessary.

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
taxman said:
No, I'm making it up to doom your HSC. :p

The resulting mixture after fermentation is only 15% ethanol (or 14 - 15 as Lace said.) Hence the need for distillation afterwards.

EDIT: By 'stuff' I'll assume you mean the reactants (that is, the remaining glucose and stuff that's left over from fermentation. Taking this definition of 'stuff,' I'm basing this on common sense, but I would say no. The yeast would be effectively dead at this stage and the loss of carbon dioxide and ethanol produced would mean only a very, very, very small amount of glucose would be remaining. It would be much more effective to just start over if you're going to make more ethanol, since extracting anything useful from the resulting solution aside from ethanol would be long-winded and unneccessary.
if its any higher, the yeast will die.

thanujakrish

HSC
RAMBOOOO!=P the email address she has conveniently supplied isn't hers!
happens to be someone who finished the yr b4 SOOO evryone to ask her about queries, email rambo_no5@hotmail.com

sorrie ramya=P u shudnt be so slack to nim!

rambo

HSC
Bogus Post

for those of you who took what i said in the first post seriously....THEN DON'T!!! i know this is SOOOO bad for the day before, but i swear one of my friends went into my account and talked some CRAP.....I DON'T EVEN DO CHEM!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry, i'm totally going to KILL HIM for all of you!!

SO SORRY!! and TJ and Nim it WASNT ME IT WAS SAM+ANI (i think, they're the only ones who would know my pword AND give nims email address! so yeaaaaaaaaa and also, you should know i dont do science blergh!)

K SO SORRY EVERYONE!!
GOODLUCK WITH THE EXAM YOU'LL BE RIGHT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)