I lie therefore I am?.... (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We need a strong "woman" like Queen Elizabeth or Maggie Thatcher to bring this country into order and drive away those unionist fools...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
We need a strong "woman" like Queen Elizabeth or Maggie Thatcher to bring this country into order and drive away those unionist fools...
I think we need a female Governor-General. Maybe the first President of Australia will be a woman. Unlikely, I'm gonna be the first president of Australia and run all you Labor, union and greeny freaks into the ground.

nerd2die4

HSC
who cares if the GG or PM is a man or a women. what difference is that going to make?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
who cares if the GG or PM is a man or a women. what difference is that going to make?
If it is a women it will show that Australia has changed. This is only after we become a republic by the way. New country, different leader.

nerd2die4

HSC
there will be no difference if we become a republic. the only thing that would change is the title. and the names of a few places. e.g instead of royal randwick racecourse it will be just randwick racecourse.

and when you say changed, what do you mean? why do we need a change? and do you think we have any females in politics who are good enough to run our country?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
there will be no difference if we become a republic. the only thing that would change is the title. and the names of a few places. e.g instead of royal randwick racecourse it will be just randwick racecourse.

and when you say changed, what do you mean? why do we need a change? and do you think we have any females in politics who are good enough to run our country?
I know what you mean...I dont want Amanda Vanstone running the country. I think we need a change of government. I dont want to see the flag changed. Instead of the Queen as "Head Of State," I think we should just have a president who does the same as the G-G.

nerd2die4

HSC
Why change something for the sake of change. the queen doesn't contribute anything to the running of our country. the president would have the exact same role as the GG so why change it?

owoodley

hmmm.... that got quite OT.... so no-one cares that the prime-minister is a lier?

....eh, i'll do it tomorrow....

-

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
It will though. It'll make Australia a free country. Not under the control of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:

owoodley

crazyhomo said:
hey! let's play a guessing game! which people that have posted in this thread can't vote in the next federal election?
lol.... I've had opportunity to vote for a while, but it doesn't mean I do. Australia's political system is far too screwed, and after all they kicked out Whitlam(not to mention put in Bush in the US), so the public's word if effectively shit. No point in voting if your votes do not get counted, and besides its against 90% of religions to vote. Politics dem be bad!

-

owoodley

"I believe in freedom of speech, but I just don't think everyone should have it...."
GWB

-

lol for real.

nerd2die4

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
It will though. It'll make Australia a free country. Not under the control of the Commonwealth.
we are not controlled by the commonwealth. we make our own decisions. and if you think we are run by the commonwealth and are restrained, can i get one example of where that has happened.

cayte

Back to the polygraphs, the one I really like is Bob Carr's comment (with regard to which thing he's in the shit for at the moment, I can't recall) that he is only to pleased to take a lie-detector test (as has become oh-so de rigueur recently) as long as it is 100% accurate 100% of the time. ???

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
we are not controlled by the commonwealth. we make our own decisions. and if you think we are run by the commonwealth and are restrained, can i get one example of where that has happened.
I know where not controlled by the commonwealth. I just dont like having the Queen as our head of state. Its just that, nothing else. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I'm not fussed anymore. I've realised there are more important things we have to deal with first.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
owoodley said:
lol.... I've had opportunity to vote for a while, but it doesn't mean I do. Australia's political system is far too screwed, and after all they kicked out Whitlam(not to mention put in Bush in the US), so the public's word if effectively shit. No point in voting if your votes do not get counted, and besides its against 90% of religions to vote. Politics dem be bad!

-
Whitlam would have been the death of this country, he was reckless with his spending, his ideas were grand but impractical, and impossible in the long term.

Polygraphs rely on what most people do when they lie, ie heart rate rises, they sweat more and hold their breath, but people who are calm when they lie or if they are experienced with the knowledge of how they work then it can be avoided (as they will know that their lie wont be detected), so they won't work all the time.

nerd2die4

HSC
about the whitlam thing owoodley, and how you said because he got fired the peoples votes dont mean anything. well i dont really agree with that, you vote in the party you want knowing they will pick the GG, who holds the power of firing the PM, so in a way you do have a say, if you get what i mean.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
nerd2die4 said:
about the whitlam thing owoodley, and how you said because he got fired the peoples votes dont mean anything. well i dont really agree with that, you vote in the party you want knowing they will pick the GG, who holds the power of firing the PM, so in a way you do have a say, if you get what i mean.
I agree. Whitlam would of sent this country to the crapper. Which I guess Bob Hawke and Paul Keating did anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)