• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

'I love You' How long into a relationship is this line appropriate? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Any sooner than a couple of months and you're full of shit.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Heh, i said it to my current gf the first night we hooked up. She instigated it though. Fucking wench.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Right in the middle of playing stupid chasing games and slitting your wrist over the fact your love broke up with you.

HSC
Depends on how sure of the situation both people are I guess. Personally, I was pretty sure of it really early on, but at the same time knew that it wasn't a good idea to say it until I was sure I meant it, and until I was fairly sure that she felt the same way. As it turned out, it was something I thought about a fair bit and one day it slipped out in a situation other than I had planned. Five years later on though, evidently I was right, so all's well :)

At the end of the day I guess I'd have to say there's not really an "appropriate" time to say it, just make sure that you mean it first (Unless you're saying it because you think it'll get you somewhere, in which case you shouldn't say it at all).

carpediem

HSC
I love it when randoms off the street say "i love you" to me.

HSC
It's weird... if your significant other says 'i love you' and you don't reciprocate they get all offended and whatnot.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
My boy and I knew we were going to be together eventually, and so we loved each other since we met I guess.. But the first time I said it to him was the morning after our first holiday away together. We were in bed, and we were talking about how often we'd gone to say it to each other... It was so sweet. He said it to me about a week afterwards. That was... a month or so into our relationship.

santaslayer

HSC
My girlfriend said it to me after I gave her an OMGMEGAAWESOMEWOW present for her birthday. Shit, I think I successfully bought her love. :p

katskaz

katskaz
HSC
good thinking!! it does depend on how long uve known them and how u 2 were b4.....my boyf and i have known each other nearly 4 yrs before going out. we formed a strong bond that let us say i love you even just as friends! now we say it as we're together and it hasnt lost its meaning!! so if u love her, tell her. its the best thing my boyf did!!!

G

Gavvvvvin

james_chappo said:
Just wondering what people's views are on professing their love to a partner. How long into a relationship is appropriate? Does it depend on the couple? I'm interested to know about other people's experiences.
Shouldnt you already be in love with someone before you commence a relationship?

Therefore making the whole "I love you" thing no big deal?

Because if your partner doesnt say it it mean their just in it for the sex.

Which then means your just like a whore to them.

Except your not getting paid.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
anything said immediately before, during, or immediately after sex should be discounted as it is generally fuelled by passion.

that said, i think a few months is adequate time to decide whether you love them or not. i mean, its not that hard if you know them. but give it enough time to know them, otherwise you are diving headfirst into an empty pool.

i told my ex i loved him after about a month, after a romantic dinner. *ahem* i have since realised that he was a bastard. i hate men. that is all.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
AlleyCat said:
anything said immediately before, during, or immediately after sex should be discounted as it is generally fuelled by passion.

that said, i think a few months is adequate time to decide whether you love them or not. i mean, its not that hard if you know them. but give it enough time to know them, otherwise you are diving headfirst into an empty pool.

i told my ex i loved him after about a month, after a romantic dinner. *ahem* i have since realised that he was a bastard. i hate men. that is all.
Yeah, I wish I could take back every single "I love you" I ever wasted on my ex.

I just wanted to be in love. *Shakes head* Stupid stupid stupid.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Shouldnt you already be in love with someone before you commence a relationship?
That is the epitomy of a ridiculous comment.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)