I make videos as summaries and post them up on YouTube, need constructive criticism (1 Viewer)

epz

HSC
Hey guys,
One day I had this extremely weird idea and thought about making summaries as videos as in the process i'd be essentially teaching myself, doing good for others and enjoying it overall. So I picked up a cheap tablet and started making videos. I've found that it's pretty fun and it works for me, studying wise. I get most of my information from valid, reliable and accurate sources, such as HSC online and some well known HSC text books, study them and then make videos when I feel a slight bit confident.

If you guys had a look at my channel and perhaps a vid or two for a subject you're doing, and gave me some feedback (constructive or rant lol) I would really appreciate it.

Here is my channel:

http://youtube.com/user/hscbiologyexposed

and here is my most recent video on PDHPE Epidemiology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOPv2JO7w0

I haven't really spread the word, i've just been doing this for fun and hope it helps some people out. I always act as if I am teaching someone, because I find that in the end I actually teach myself hahaha :p

By the way, the name "HSCBiologyExposed", I really wanted to focus on Bio only, but I ended up making videos for everything.

Cheers for looking. I just want to make my videos better :D

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Re: I make videos as summaries and post them up on YouTube, need constructive critici

Smooth draw? Very nicely constructed video.

enak101

HSC
Re: I make videos as summaries and post them up on YouTube, need constructive critici

I like the style of videos and how they go. I watched some 2u stuff and it seemed good.

epz

HSC

Smooth draw? Very nicely constructed video.
I like the style of videos and how they go. I watched some 2u stuff and it seemed good.
Yeah man, SmoothDraw (Beautiful piece of software) and awesome! Glad to know I am making it easy to watch. I'm not the best at 2u but I try, I try :p

Dash8

HSC

Really great idea...helps benefit others too :) i considered doing this when I was doing the HSC but never got around to it...

madharris

HSC
N/A

Wow! Really good videos, wish you were around for my hsc :)
However, you should put each video into a module/topic playlist to make it easier for people to navigate around your videos

I'll tell my 2013er friends for you :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Yeah man, SmoothDraw (Beautiful piece of software) and awesome! Glad to know I am making it easy to watch. I'm not the best at 2u but I try, I try :p
Keep at it, wonderful thing you are doing sharing your knowledge!

epz

HSC

Wow! Really good videos, wish you were around for my hsc :)
However, you should put each video into a module/topic playlist to make it easier for people to navigate around your videos

I'll tell my 2013er friends for you :)
Keep at it, wonderful thing you are doing sharing your knowledge!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! And will definitely start organising it soon. Also, seriously if you guys have friends who are interested in making videos, I would highly recommend them to just go down to the local JBHiFi and buy a Wacom Bamboo Tablet (I haggled it down to $100) and start making vids. It can be so casual, fun and rewarding! It would also help so many people. I honestly got the initial idea from KhanAcademy and later on thought that I could just do something similar.

The software is free also:
SmoothDraw 3 - www.smoothdraw.com
+ Any free screen capturing software: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/win-screen-recording-softwares/

They will never regret it :D
When you do the videos, you are consolidating your knowledge so well that it just sticks somehow. Probably something that has really been ignored recently.

Good luck to anyone who does this, it's great fun trust me.

HSC

I really like this idea! I think you should make a playlist for each subject though for easy guidance eg. For Chem. Great work though and I hope you keep doing it :)

Bobbo1

HSC

inb4 next Sal Khan :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)