• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

...I need new shoes. No really, I actually need them. (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't really like them, but okay.

Any shoe is better than no shoe.

Except maybe wedges, wedges should rot in hell.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
I don't really like them, but okay.

Any shoe is better than no shoe.

Except maybe wedges, wedges should rot in hell.
Some wedges are nice,others just look tacky. I have a really nice pair of wedges.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hey those are quite nice. Abit cutesy but looks comfortable enough

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
they're really cute shoes :) congrats!

omg points are bloody gorgeous, and to whoever said they would go out of fashion, i seriously doubt it. they're here for good HOORAH!!!

im having issues with these cork shoes. they're looking rather distasteful.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
they're really cute shoes :) congrats!

omg points are bloody gorgeous, and to whoever said they would go out of fashion, i seriously doubt it. they're here for good HOORAH!!!

im having issues with these cork shoes. they're looking rather distasteful.
I <3 points too! My black points are one of my favourite pairs of shoes:)

Always

HSC
Tulipa said:
but don't buy points particularly if you're small

they have to be going out of fashion soon anyways. oh and there are a few gorgeous shoe stores at chatswood, if i could i would buy EVERY shoe in Aldo *sigh*
I'm TINY (both in height and size) and I wore points regularly last year! :confused: They look fine, as long as they're not flat points or ones with a severe point. Both are Ugly with a capital U.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Always said:
I'm TINY (both in height and size) and I wore points regularly last year! :confused: They look fine, as long as they're not flat points or ones with a severe point. Both are Ugly with a capital U.
i just have a huge thing against them

and they look weird on my feet. flat points should be outlawed and extreme points are elf like. both shit.

i just don't think they suit anyones feet.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Tulipa said:

and they look weird on my feet. flat points should be outlawed and extreme points are elf like. both shit.

Mum won't allow me to buy points... so they're out of the question anyhow! She says they look awful and tasteless on me.

But yeah, my shoes were a triumph. At $37 they were very worthwhile (thankyou David Jones' kids department!). Mum was really pleased.

And I wasn't sure of the concept of "kitten heels". Could someone please explain?

Skeeta

HSC
its a thin heel (think stillettos) but SHORT

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Tulipa said:

I've always loathed points as well. I think they're evil-looking and don't do favours for anyone.

stella, I like the shoes you got. :uhhuh:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
AlleyCat said:
flats??? yuk, get real shoes ;).
I suggested flats because she said thus far she has gotten around in sneakers, indicating shes not asking our recommendations for a pair of hot heals.

Having said that Im quite short (5'5"), my boyfriend is 6'6" and I wear heals only on special nights out because I find most heals so uncomfortable and can't walk around in them for any extended amount of time. Love to look at them, but when it comes to wearing them, count me out.

My mother was always at me to start wearing heals because me and my boyfriend look so hilarious together, but whatever, Im in it for comfort dammit!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
On points:

I have a pair of patent fuschia flat points and I wear them only occasionally because as you could probably guess the colour prevents them from being appropriate with many outfits, but whenever I do wear them I get so many compliments on how hot my shoes are. Latest comment from my sister in law who is a regular at Cosmopolitan shoes. So I'll defend pointies!

On wedges:

I like wedges in theory, but I can't find any that don't have that hideously ugly and tacky cork or rope shit on the actual 'wedge' bit....I think wedges would be perfect for me because as I said above Im quite short and find regular heels quite uncomfortable, but I can't find a pair that don't look skanky and cheap. If anyone knows of any places, please enlighten me...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ohhh yuck I hate those cork/rope wedges hanging around like a bad smell at the moment.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Is this what people mean by wedges? Coz I've never really known...if it is, I wouldn't mind them, but so long as the sole bit was like, plain black and not corky.

Always

HSC
Ms 12 said:
On points:

I have a pair of patent fuschia flat points and I wear them only occasionally because as you could probably guess the colour prevents them from being appropriate with many outfits, but whenever I do wear them I get so many compliments on how hot my shoes are. Latest comment from my sister in law who is a regular at Cosmopolitan shoes. So I'll defend pointies!
Yes, I'm another defender of points. I even own a pair of flat points - Marc Jacobs Mouse Flats. They are DEFINITELY an exception, even for a person like me who hates flat points in general.

Look at these, girls. Tell me how can one dislike them.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
even though they are jimmys (mean choice i love jimmys) i can honestly say i don't like them, the look of the point just distorts the look of feet.

round toes and open toes are more feminine and compliment the foot more.

Always

HSC
Tulipa said:
even though they are jimmys (mean choice i love jimmys) i can honestly say i don't like them, the look of the point just distorts the look of feet.

round toes and open toes are more feminine and compliment the foot more.
Ahha, I digress. I'll even admit I prefer round toes to points, but points are still hot in my eyes. ;)

shortie_689

HSC
if u want cheap shoes GO TO TIGHTROPE...
$5 thongs
$10 thongs and
$20 thongs
all different like with beads an stuff...
some flat slip ons very popular but myself cannot bring myself to buy a pair even though they would cost like $3 or something for me but still there are some nice ones they have beeen soo popular they just selll....
Hopefully we will be gettin our range of shoes back we had some seriously hot shoes flats points and wedges an wrap arounds they were surprisingly nice for tightrope but yeah they have cheap shoes if thats wat ur after

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Always said:
Look at these, girls. Tell me how can one dislike them.
the beauty is blinding me. i loooove jimmy choo shoes, esp the jeweled sandals and boots...

they are going to be my first splurge of adulthood i think. (not those actual ones probably the green jeweled stilletos..oh god just thinking about it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)