• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

...I need new shoes. No really, I actually need them. (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
AlleyCat said:
the beauty is blinding me. i loooove jimmy choo shoes, esp the jeweled sandals and boots...

they are going to be my first splurge of adulthood i think. (not those actual ones probably the green jeweled stilletos..oh god just thinking about it)
DO show us a pic.

HSC
Ms 12 said:
On points:

I have a pair of patent fuschia flat points and I wear them only occasionally because as you could probably guess the colour prevents them from being appropriate with many outfits, but whenever I do wear them I get so many compliments on how hot my shoes are. Latest comment from my sister in law who is a regular at Cosmopolitan shoes. So I'll defend pointies!

On wedges:

I like wedges in theory, but I can't find any that don't have that hideously ugly and tacky cork or rope shit on the actual 'wedge' bit....I think wedges would be perfect for me because as I said above Im quite short and find regular heels quite uncomfortable, but I can't find a pair that don't look skanky and cheap. If anyone knows of any places, please enlighten me...
Haha, you're like Baudrillard :p i love it!

In defence of points, i find that if you're wearing really high heels, round toes can look absolutely ridiculous. My logic is, the higher the heel, the taller you look and the shorter your foot looks. My feet are small enough already, and the only way to elongate my foot as well as my body is by wearing pointy heels. I don't know about you guys, but i don't like having my foot completely disappear under trousers, making me look like a granny.

shortie_689 said:
if u want cheap shoes GO TO TIGHTROPE...
$5 thongs
$10 thongs and
$20 thongs
all different like with beads an stuff...
some flat slip ons very popular but myself cannot bring myself to buy a pair even though they would cost like $3 or something for me but still there are some nice ones they have beeen soo popular they just selll....
Hopefully we will be gettin our range of shoes back we had some seriously hot shoes flats points and wedges an wrap arounds they were surprisingly nice for tightrope but yeah they have cheap shoes if thats wat ur after
Yeah, they come with free tinea too :rolleyes:
Plus, $20 for thongs isn't cheap at all.

cataleptic

HSC
My mum bought me a pair of black, pointy toe stilletos to wear to formal functions, because I normally just wore boots everywhere.

I advise against them, especially if you're already tallish like me, and can't walk in high heels (also like me. I swear I'm a girl. Really).

Go a nice pair of flats. Or boots.

cataleptic

HSC
Heels and pointies.

I mean, we have toes for a reason. And I'm pretty sure calf muscles are their length for a reason.

HSC
Psh, that's not a valid argument. Following that, i could say:
You have feet for a reason, why wear shoes?
Your hair grows for a reason, why get it cut?

Plus, wearing heels isn't to elongate the calf, it's to make the wearer feel taller and thinner, not to mention putting them at a sexual angle and exposing their (vulnerable and erotic) ankle.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
cataleptic said:
And I'm pretty sure calf muscles are their length for a reason.
Yeah, because of our parents. Doesnt mean we don't wanna change it.

cataleptic

HSC
I'm not criticising those who wear them. They look good on people who can make them work.

I can't walk in them properly or look that great in them, therefore I'm inclined not to recommend them. You wear them all you want though.

Last edited:

cataleptic

HSC
my sharona said:
Psh, that's not a valid argument. Following that, i could say:
You have feet for a reason, why wear shoes?
Your hair grows for a reason, why get it cut?

Plus, wearing heels isn't to elongate the calf, it's to make the wearer feel taller and thinner, not to mention putting them at a sexual angle and exposing their (vulnerable and erotic) ankle.
Wearing high heels for long periods of time has a tendancy to shorten the calf muscle which can cause postural problems.

That's all.

HSC
cataleptic said:
Wearing high heels for long periods of time has a tendancy to shorten the calf muscle which can cause postural problems.

That's all.
This coming from someone who bleached her hair 5 times... :rolleyes:

On that note, flats aren't good for your feet either. They might feel more comfortable, but don't provide enough support for the balls or heels of your feet, and they make your skin dry and cracked.

It's okay to dislike pointies, I just find it amusing and ridiculous that you're trying to justify this through some sort of "scientific" reason.

cataleptic

HSC
my sharona said:
This coming from someone who bleached her hair 5 times... :rolleyes:

On that note, flats aren't good for your feet either. They might feel more comfortable, but don't provide enough support for the balls or heels of your feet, and they make your skin dry and cracked.

It's okay to dislike pointies, I just find it amusing and ridiculous that you're trying to justify this through some sort of "scientific" reason.
I find it amusing you're trying to belittle someone online you don't actually know, who's already admitted that they care little for fashion, and does not know alot about fashion, nor follows fashion, etcetera.

But please, continue if it makes you feel slightly more validated as a human.

HSC
I'm just trying to understand your ideas that you would hate and advise against pointy heels based on wearing them once, and using the logic that they are bad for your feet, so therefore we should wear boots and flats.

Please don't get immature about it, i am not trying to belittle you at all.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ok wedges, previously hated now there's this pair from nu + nan hat i want badly. they're not cork ones either they're just nice and round peep-toes...ahhhhhhhh so hawt

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
dunlop volleys are a hazard. I bought a pair in my usual size but which were slightly longer on my foot than normal shoes. I subsequently tripped up some stairs and bruised my knee and my dignity. The moral of the story is, volleys are dangerous.
*gasps and slaps you across the face*

Volleys are just about the only non-boot shoes I wear.

They last for an eternity, are unspeakably comfortable to walk nonstop in all day long and are great to run or climb in to boot!

You need to go down a size most often, as they're made to stretch being canvas, but i can't fault them, particularly not the cclassic black/white and blue ones.

Screw these shitty slip on ones comng out now...

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
melimoo said:
ok wedges, previously hated now there's this pair from nu + nan hat i want badly. they're not cork ones either they're just nice and round peep-toes...ahhhhhhhh so hawt
Wedges look like a quick way to get around my height problem...and some of them look okay. Besides, they look a little less hard to fall off than regular heels. I was looking at the Candy website and some of their stuff looks nice. "Serena" or something...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
cataleptic said:
My mum bought me a pair of black, pointy toe stilletos to wear to formal functions, because I normally just wore boots everywhere.

I advise against them, especially if you're already tallish like me, and can't walk in high heels (also like me. I swear I'm a girl. Really).

Go a nice pair of flats. Or boots.

doc martens :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)