I need some english help pls (1 Viewer)

fizzfuzz

HSC
N/A
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET GOOD IN ENGLISH, LIKE HOW I CAN STUDY FOR IT AND HOW I CAN LEARN TO WRITE BETTER PARAGRAPHS AND ESSAYS....

pls

HSC
Step 1. Write a paragraph
Step 2. Hand in paragraph to teacher
Step 3. Absorb feedback
Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3 for an essay.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET GOOD IN ENGLISH, LIKE HOW I CAN STUDY FOR IT AND HOW I CAN LEARN TO WRITE BETTER PARAGRAPHS AND ESSAYS....

pls
Best thing to do is to read exemplars from people who have done good and take tips from theirs while evaluating why yours isn't as good as their ones. Also a main tip I'd give is make sure to write SIMPLY as spamming huge words out of context will make you do worse than sophisticated yet simple language. Also making sure it flows and explaining HOW a technique shows something, not just WHAT it shows, is quite important.

A Leaf

HSC
Honestly, just harass your teacher with practice essays or if they get annoyed, maybe find someone (maybe a tutor?) who will be able to regularly review your work and give you really good feedback. Then use that feedback while writing other things to AVOID doing those again. Look at other people who have done really well and see how they articulate their words. Make sure when you read your essay it is EASY to read like it flows. You can't really study exactly for english except practising unseen comprehension for section 1 of AOS so you just need to refine your work constantly e.g. essays, creative, paragraphs, anything really

fizzfuzz

HSC
N/A
Step 1. Write a paragraph
Step 2. Hand in paragraph to teacher
Step 3. Absorb feedback
Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3 for an essay.
some kid did that once and the teacher didnt accept his essay cause she had other things to do...the teachers in my school are really shitty and mark essays like they hate our guts and want us to fail...

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
You would really benefit from working on your expression, often doing an 'essay' seems so overwhelming that you lose track of how to write a good analysis sentence.

What I would recommend is taking it slowly, start with trying to have a solid analysis sentence of any text and work your way towards an essay. If you believe you got that under wraps then basically its up to experimenting with structure and overall expression. To get better at that you'd definitely benefit from attacking an essay in more than one way and self-evaluating which arguments you can convey the clearest. That way you inherently build up the confidence to write better essays.

EthanHuntz

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hi I read your post and I advice you that you must read news paper article and set the routine of vocabulary..For more watch documentary show and search them, with the help of your teacher or discussed it with your friends.Hope that helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)