I need UAI 98-99... (1 Viewer)

JJmn

HSC
I need it for Engineering Mechatronics, so here are my ranks...

Eng Adv: 10+ / 150+
Biology: 1/40+
Economics: 1/50
Maths: 4/70+
Maths 3U: 2-3/40+
Physics: 3/50+

School is ranked top 50 I think.

Thanks for your help.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
It doesn't matter what ranks you have or what your school was ranked last year. Because quality of candidature at your school most probably changes. Best to ask your teacher what band you will probably get, and from there use SAM.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
me121 said:
It doesn't matter what ranks you have or what your school was ranked last year. Because quality of candidature at your school most probably changes. Best to ask your teacher what band you will probably get, and from there use SAM.
Don't you think it will be quite awkward? I tried asking him/her but... you know.

JJmn

HSC
Yea the teacher doesn't tell us either...

I need to know roughly what UAI I'm looking at so I can apply for Mechatronics or something else if I can't get that UAI.

shaon0

HSC
JJmn said:
Yea the teacher doesn't tell us either...

I need to know roughly what UAI I'm looking at so I can apply for Mechatronics or something else if I can't get that UAI.
Mechatronics (space) is 98.8 @ Usyd but will increase to probably 99.
Mechatronics @ Usyd is 93.8 but will increase as well.

louise08

HSC
JJmn said:

Thanks for your help.
Can someone actullay predict a UAI just by rankings? What if that person messes up in the HSC exams majorly or goes incredibly well.. doesn't that count for more than rankings?

+sorry for changing the topic of your thread!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
louise08 said:
Can someone actullay predict a UAI just by rankings? What if that person messes up in the HSC exams majorly or goes incredibly well.. doesn't that count for more than rankings?

+sorry for changing the topic of your thread!
It's possible. But estimation is only an estimation. It is likely to be different to the actual number.

And we do not take in the HSC exam into account and that's the downside of this. We just assume that they perform equally in both.

Some people seem to get pleasure out of getting their UAI estimated because they are either unsure, afraid, curious and etc.

louise08

HSC
lyounamu said:
It's possible. But estimation is only an estimation. It is likely to be different to the actual number.

And we do not take in the HSC exam into account and that's the downside of this. We just assume that they perform equally in both.

Some people seem to get pleasure out of getting their UAI estimated because they are either unsure, afraid, curious and etc.
oh okayy thanks!

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
But remember, there are always many paths to your ultimate goal. Some are the fast track - getting the right UAI - others are doing another course and then doing a mature age entry into the course you want. Sometimes that is the best course because you are older, wiser and more committed to getting it done right.

Take it from someone who NEVER achieved HD's when at Uni the first time but when I did my last qualification is was almost straight HD's!!! Yay, for mature age students.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
You should be able to get it =)
But you still gotta be consistent with your results...Don't bomb out! =O

me121

Premium Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't you think it will be quite awkward? I tried asking him/her but... you know.
well, i don't know about your teachers. but all my teachers were quite happy to give me, and others who asked a rough HSC mark estimate. (well.. they actually were more like "probably somewhere between band 5 and 6", etc.). of course.. they gave us the usual ladada about that not being definite and we can improve, but they are usually quite open about telling us how they will think we will go.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
me121 said:
well, i don't know about your teachers. but all my teachers were quite happy to give me, and others who asked a rough HSC mark estimate. (well.. they actually were more like "probably somewhere between band 5 and 6", etc.). of course.. they gave us the usual ladada about that not being definite and we can improve, but they are usually quite open about telling us how they will think we will go.
luck you~~~~

I will try that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Most likely, well on your way. Push math to top 3 and be consistent, you'll get it.

JJmn

HSC
Thank you all! I will work extra hard to get the UAI...

cheney31

HSC
JJmn said:

Thanks for your help.
hang on.. isnt engineering's cut off is like 88 in unsw? what uni r u talking about?

runnable

HSC
cheney31 said:
hang on.. isnt engineering's cut off is like 88 in unsw? what uni r u talking about?
Shes looking at Engineering Mechatronics @ USyd or UNSW I assume, which is indeed in the mid-high 90s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)