I only work under pressure (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
Do you think it would help if I wrote in my diary the assessment is due 4 days before actual date?

Has anyone tried this?

bettina44

HSC
i guess it could work.i put my clock 10 minutes forward,on some days it makes me wake up earlier and on others i don't bother cause i know i put faster.it might work if you do the same thing with your asessment unless you remember that you put it 4 days before the actual due date.

L

lsam

louise08 said:
Do you think it would help if I wrote in my diary the assessment is due 4 days before actual date?

Has anyone tried this?
best advice: have all the pictures of the state-rankers in your room. stick them on the wall. cover your room with every single picture. whenever you enter your room, those pictures will stare at you forcing you to study.

Or fail one exam and you will be motivated to study for the next one to get better mark.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lsam said:
best advice: have all the pictures of the state-rankers in your room. stick them on the wall. cover your room with every single picture. whenever you enter your room, those pictures will stare at you forcing you to study.

Or fail one exam and you will be motivated to study for the next one to get better mark.
Lol. And yes it will help, if you're committed to actually getting it done on that set date you added.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lsam said:

Then you'll feel like you've got fucking Big Brother watching over you. Not unsettling at all.

catherinet

HSC
That's a good idea!

But pressure can also be a positive thing. It depends how you view it.
Try not to see it as "pressure" but more as 'productive energy'.

Knowing that an assessment is ACTUALLy due in 12 hours helps me sit at my desk and DO some work.

Sometimes i produce great stuff at 4am of the morning that the assessment is due.

louise08

HSC
catherinet said:
That's a good idea!

But pressure can also be a positive thing. It depends how you view it.
Try not to see it as "pressure" but more as 'productive energy'.

Knowing that an assessment is ACTUALLy due in 12 hours helps me sit at my desk and DO some work.

Sometimes i produce great stuff at 4am of the morning that the assessment is due.
Yeah I agree, but there's no doubt if I spent the whole week on the assignment, working in daylight hours, my assessment would be better.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
It works. I get higher marks in assess ments I do at the last moment. If I do it early, I tend to slack off and miss important points.

Come to think of it, I have this stupid music assignment to do and I have to create a retarded podcast. How stupid. I havent started at all. It's due in three weeks so thats good, but I'm doing it at the last week.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lsam said:

<3 the 2nd option. (speaking from my personal experience)

Not sure about the 1st one though.

HSC
"I only work under pressure" same here! i can only work under pressure like at then moment im supposed to be doing my economics essay but im posting this comment!:lol: Its because this essay isnt due till wednesday and my brain won't work until the due date is closer!!! But hey im trying to get out of this habbit...any advice?

HSC
I doubt that it would work, only because you would know that you had pulled the due date forward, and you would allow yourself that time in completing the assignment.
I suppose I'm a bit of a cynic though. But do try it regardless.

Sharkeh

HSC
babikakez said:
Is the glass half empty or half full?
The glass has half the amount of water it is able to hold... :D

But back on topic: I do better under pressure, but then it shits everyone else cause I go hermitstyle until i'm done

HSC
Haha, I do this too, procrastination is sucky
I don't think writing the date of the assignment a few days in advance is going to help- then your subconcious knows that if it isn't 100% completed by that day, that's ok, you'll have another four days. This is bad for example if you have lots of assignments and only write them in earlier for some of them-- you might not do one of the ones that's actually due on the day it says in the diary ;)

If that makes sense :uhoh:

I'm going to try my best to conquer my procrastination, as soon as possible :). No idea how I'm going to do it though, but I'll give it a shot :D I don't want to be stressed out, doing assignments at 2am in the morning! I think the quality suffers.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Then you'll feel like you've got fucking Big Brother watching over you. Not unsettling at all.
Parents come in, "Who the fuck are these random people?"

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Parents come in, "Who the fuck are these random people?"
Haha. I'd so like to imagine my parents coming in and saying that. :p

B

becca47

i've actually tried this...
i have a whiteboard in my room with all my due dates on it...
but half of them i've tried to lie to myself so i get them done earlier..
but now i'm just confused cause i haven't a clue which ones are due when.

luckily i've recently conquered my procrastination.
just have a biiiiiiiig mug of tea with you, some nice music without words so you can concentrate, and nice smelling candles. :)
makes studying a lot more pleasant.

anyway it might work for you but it just confuses the hell out of me.
i'm slowly reverting back to just writing the actual due dates.

but the alarm 10 minutes early in the morning does work!!
even if you wake up and then go back to sleep for another 10 minutes...
i find its a lot easier than waking up really suddenly. that always makes me grumpy.
completely off topic, but if you're the kind of person who tends to be ferociously grumpy in the morning, then try waking up 10 minutes early and just lying in bed. its good.

SimonLee13

HSC
The only time i've ever been early for assignments, is when I forget the due date. So in my high school life, i've finished one more than 1 day before due date.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
The only time i've ever been early for assignments, is when I forget the due date. So in my high school life, i've finished one more than 1 day before due date.
Did you ever get Deeming in the Junior school? Extra marks for early assignments. :p
Shame he doesn't allow that policy in Yrs 11-12. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)