I.R.P. Home (1 Viewer)

Emilii_Babii

HSC
Hi!
im currently doing my IRP =]
im doing my plan and creating soem surveys.

My question is:

"Teenagers perceptions on their bodies and body image, through the influence of magazines, tabliods and the internet and how it affects their physical and emotional wellbeing"

could anyone please complete this survey. it will really help me =]
thanks

Survey provided by FreeOnlineSurveys.com

completely anonymous

Relinadus

HSC
what do you write for an obseration & a case study?
SOMEONE HELP ME!!
ASAP
On teenage pregnancy? I don't think you can do observation on a subject like that, but with the case study, isn't that just looking up something like a journal for someone who's been through it?
If it isn't I understand, but if it is, could you just ask one of the participants of your study (if you don't have one, just ask someone who has been through the experience) to write a basic diary of what happened and how they felt about it?
I guess you could write about how the subject felt about it and then about how you felt about their story and just fluff it up with some facts and numbers...
I'm not very sure, so don't take my advice too close to heart.

amber1992

HSC
i need help with mine.
i was going to my irp on peer pressure and how it affects an individual or something along those lines.
do you think this is a good topic

Kat92

HSC
On teenage pregnancy? I don't think you can do observation on a subject like that, but with the case study, isn't that just looking up something like a journal for someone who's been through it?
If it isn't I understand, but if it is, could you just ask one of the participants of your study (if you don't have one, just ask someone who has been through the experience) to write a basic diary of what happened and how they felt about it?
I guess you could write about how the subject felt about it and then about how you felt about their story and just fluff it up with some facts and numbers...
I'm not very sure, so don't take my advice too close to heart.

You are pretty much accurate. The observation could work in some instances, as you could observe and tally up the number of pregnant teens whilst walking around the shops or something. A case study would be a better way to go personally, as the information has already been conducted by another person. You could obtain the diary entries; however, they are not really detailed to be used alone. I would probably find some statistics to say that teen pregnancy is on the increase or decline in today's society and give some reasons as to why and support it with a different methodology perhaps a survey into why the teen is having a family/child at such a young age. You also need to be vigilant about social and ethical issues as some teenage parents may not wish to disclose this type of information.

If all else fails discuss your topic with your teacher and do up a quick plan of methodologies and how you will implement them. Also, record this process of how you tried to obtain help in your journal, as it shows time planning and resource management techniques. Good luck! :D

Kat92

HSC
i need help with mine.
i was going to my irp on peer pressure and how it affects an individual or something along those lines.
do you think this is a good topic
I do believe this is a good topic. However, you may want to narrow your hypothesis a bit further. As how it affects an individual is too broad, perhaps how it affects physical or emotional wellbeing would yield more accurate responses. This is why a pilot survey is a good way to find out if your hypothesis or any questions need to be re-worded. Good Luck! :D

HSC
Hi!

My question is:

"Teenagers perceptions on their bodies and body image, through the influence of magazines, tabliods and the internet and how it affects their physical and emotional wellbeing"

thanks

completely anonymous
i did it for you :)

amber1992

HSC
thankyou..yeah im not sure yet though. or like peer pressure affects l and p plate road accidents (eg. distractions of people in the car with them or friends telling them to go faster) or i was going to do how does living in a sole parent family effect your social, psychological and emotional wellbeing?

HSC
thankyou..yeah im not sure yet though. or like peer pressure affects l and p plate road accidents (eg. distractions of people in the car with them or friends telling them to go faster) or i was going to do how does living in a sole parent family effect your social, psychological and emotional wellbeing?
that sole parent one is a very good idea actually. personally, i think that would make a great IRP. peer pressure would work well too although maybe not that p plater idea.
sorry, just sugestions haha.

Kat92

HSC
I agree with posessionless. The sole parent one is probably the better one to do. However, if it proves too difficult definitely go with the peer pressure idea. You would have quite a bit of difficulty trying to do the P plater idea; especially with your methodolgy timing, and results may be full of bias.

Kat92

HSC
Hi!

My question is:

thanks

completely anonymous

Just finished completing the survey. A couple of small errors that I noticed. Regardless, a very well put together survey that should yield you accurate responses and a good picture of statistics to analyse and later graph.

amber1992

HSC
thanks for your feedback..i appreciate it..hopefully it all goes well for me

amber1992

HSC
also..i would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me on my plan..im going to do sole parenting..i need help on a hypothesis for this about wellbeing

amber1992

HSC
SOLE PARENTING:The Facilities Available in Local Community And The Effects On Individuals Wellbeing- is that a good topic for my irp

Kat92

HSC
SOLE PARENTING:The Facilities Available in Local Community And The Effects On Individuals Wellbeing- is that a good topic for my irp

Needs to be more specific. For example when I completed my IRP, mine was Bullying in the workplace impacts on an individual's wellbeing.

Yours could perhaps be; limited community facilites strongly impact upon social parent's emotional wellbeing.

For your plan you need:

* Research question/hypothesis stated.
*Explanation of project
*List of primary and secondary data sources
*Description and explanation of methodologies
*Pilot survey questions
*Timeline
*Diary or on-line blog through my-site
*Ethical issues.

:D

Last edited:
HSC
or even do a specific facility and focus on that.
or a certain aspect of wellbeing. i did 2 aspects of wellbeing in my IRP. i focused on socioemotional and physical.

amber1992

HSC
thankyou...or should i do peer pressure how far does it go and the effects it can cause on wellbeing

HSC
no i say stick with sole parents but if that isn't working yeah do peer pressure.

amber1992

HSC
i need help with possible questions for my irp.
limited community facilities strongly influence upon social parent's emotional & economic wellbeing, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

HSC
Mine is on "The Effects of Maternal Consumption Throughout Pregnancy" My project plan is due friday -_- VOMIT!

Kat92

HSC
i need help with possible questions for my irp.
limited community facilities strongly influence upon social parent's emotional & economic wellbeing, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
Try including aspects to do with stress, multiple role expectations and financial expenses of travelling (especially if the social parent lives in a rural area) to find facilities that can help cater for the needs/ self-esteem of the individual.

Also look at your syllabus, as you can use some of the dot points as the foundations for some of your questions.

Once you have your questions done, administer it as a pilot survey to get some feedback about which questions are working and those of which are not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)