I.T Textbook (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I doubt that the teacher will have the independant paper on disk. They are pretty stricked with the copyright laws on that.

The other comment i need to make is that it is a rumour that you will get scaled down howver from past experience what you see is what you get. Scaled marks or not this is a pretty easy subject to do well in if you are keen on computers. Howver natural talent will get you so far and then pure hardcore study will get you the rest of the way.

Hit up your teachers for the HSC standards packages they should juyst burn you a copy for the whole class. It has a blank specimen paper in it and also last years HSC with solutions and answer from students in each of the bands (cept band 6).

Take you time to do the exam (i.e give yourself some match practice) if you need clarification on something then use this site and post your questions.

anju_th

Hi Morph

Im sorry...Andrew was right...my teacher didn't have the hardcopy version of the independant paper..
Sorry

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by M o r p h X
yo anju.... u got a copy of dat independent... paper....

yer its tru dat It will get scaled down...

altho from what i here..... even if you get 100%....... they might not give band 6s....... i dunno if the board still hav to decide whether they will give any...

so i dont; realli know.... best jus to not worri bout it.
Well that's not true, then it would be rather unfair, i'm sure BOS gives out band 6's but the problem is they give out lesser ones, as people don't meet it, all subjects no matter how easy they are, are equally entitled to give out Band 6's.

anju_th

"all subjects no matter how easy they are, are equally entitled to give out Band 6's"

Geez hopefully :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by anju_th
"all subjects no matter how easy they are, are equally entitled to give out Band 6's"

Geez hopefully :)

It is, just because not many people get it, doesn't mean the BOS offer limited ones.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
They haven't given out band 6's in this subject becuase a student hasn't earnt one yet. Thats all. Somewhere in the communication between yourself and others you have turned it into some cospiracy theory. You can get one if you earn one no probs at all.

Winston

HSC
How exactly can u earn one?

by sufficiently getting 90% of the questions right

and in particular the Band 6 type questions, which no one knows which is a Band 6 type question until the markers determine it when they mark.

Winston

HSC
gr8..doesnt dat mak life easier :(
Thanx Winston
Yeah unfortunately, i think it's because the exam paper doesn't even have enough Band 6 type questions, and coincidentally the whole state always gets the Band 6 ones wrong.

Sacred_Soul

do u guys think it will be enough to just study whats on the hsc online website and also the notes that are in this website

theres just too much to learn....:confused:

anju_th

yeh kinda i think the CSU HSC site is pretty useful...definately look at that and i think the notes here for I.T are the same/similar frm the HSC CSU site....just in a diff. format..

Sacred_Soul

wat about the excel it textbook anyone think its worth buying
i might get it if its usefull
im really stressin for this subject
dont know where to start studying from

anju_th

its not out yet...i think the ppl who were at the IT information day were the ones wrting the textbook and dey were on abt how it was finished yet........i know pretty shitty

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
awww thats f'd Up then. damn we mite as well get together and write one ourselves lmao.
hhaha YES!

anju_th

lol yeh and did u guys know that only two ppl out of WHOLE NSW got in band 6 for I.T last year.....dats real scary......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)