I think I might end my life... it's too painful (1 Viewer)

secretxhyunaluv

HSC
Ending your life over uni? Pff what a joke... that would be the stupidest decision ever. Yes, getting 10% in a subject may be bad as a student but there are many more options out there. I dropped out of school and looked for a field in telecommunications which turned out to be the best decision of my life. So maybe come join me?

kazemagic

HSC
Get a new tutor for maths, it will help a lot if you have a good one. BTW I'm more than happy to teach/help you in maths for free. If you need help we can arrange a meeting every week.

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
2u maths will definitely be a LOT more achievable if you find someone to sit down and identify your weakness, and tell you exactly what to study and concentrate on. Either get a tutor, or consult your class teacher =]
I think the problem was (and still is) in High School I didn't pay enough time with practicing & understanding, heh.. my maths teacher was pretty scary so.. approaching him wasn't an option back then. Lol
I'll do what you recommended : ) Thanks.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
OP, school marks are not worth anywhere near as much as you think.

Life is about experience and enjoyment, it's not an arbitrary motion of accruing X mark or Y accolade etc. It's about experiencing what the world has to offer.

I honestly think, getting 5-10% in maths and being on ten units thus having to keep it up, have you considered doing general maths. I think you could be better off having a grasp on that then being snowballed in 2u.

yoonaday

HSC
Ending your life over uni? Pff what a joke... that would be the stupidest decision ever. Yes, getting 10% in a subject may be bad as a student but there are many more options out there. I dropped out of school and looked for a field in telecommunications which turned out to be the best decision of my life. So maybe come join me?
Hmm, No thank you Dropping out isn't an option.. And telecommunications, Best Choice? Are you sure, you're not a Troll? And why would I join you? I want to achieve something.. Not Leave school and not use the knowledge and hours I have studied for my other subject to go to waste, I know im not good at Maths, but im willing to make my Mark go up to the 60% range. To be able to achieve my Dream atar. So thanks for your disapproving encouragement I guess, But No thanks, I wouldn't like to Join you.

enoilgam

HSC
Hmm, No thank you Dropping out isn't an option.. And telecommunications, Best Choice? Are you sure, you're not a Troll? And why would I join you? I want to achieve something.. Not Leave school and not use the knowledge and hours I have studied for my other subject to go to waste, I know im not good at Maths, but im willing to make my Mark go up to the 60% range. To be able to achieve my Dream atar. So thanks for your disapproving encouragement I guess, But No thanks, I wouldn't like to Join you.
You realise that not everyone can go to uni. At the end of the day, we need electricians, plumbers and telecommunications experts. The problem which is going to develop in Australia soon is that we have too many people with a degree and not enough jobs to accomodate them.

secretxhyunaluv

HSC
Buddy telecommunications may seem like a room filled with a bunch of smelly indians, but trust me it's exactly what you think it is. The pay is bad just the way i like it, however the smell of sweat enlightens me! So come drop out and join me yoonaday

secretxhyunaluv

HSC
You realise that not everyone can go to uni. At the end of the day, we need electricians, plumbers and telecommunications experts. The problem which is going to develop in Australia soon is that we have too many people with a degree and not enough jobs to accomodate them.
total agree, this kid, dissing my job? doing something big? are you sure YOU'RE not the troll? my job is wonderful..

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
What.
Im on a very short fuse tonight, so im giving you one warning:
Do not start trolling, derailling or anything i can hit with inappropriate conduct.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
One of the many reasons my teachers say HSC is over-hyped.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Why would you think of such a silly thing like ending your life? Cheer up! :) There are people out there with cancer and disease and they're clinging for dear life, praying that they will live to see another day. Then there are people such as you who want to throw it all away when you have no reason whatsoever to do so. Please don't compare yourself and create unrealistic goals. Not everyone is born to become a doctor or lawyer in life. I hope your parents will understand that in future.
Great advice here. Be thankful you even have an education and a book and pen to use.
People from where I'm from used to go under the local headlight, about 20 people just so they can illuminate their books because there was no electricity.
"You must learn to fail before you succeed" Michael Jordan.

blieu

HSC
I honestly wanted to drop maths as a whole cos 1. I was practically failing it and 2. I didn't and still don't like my teacher and his way of teaching which is why I was failing, but I'm asian so it wasn't an option. So at this very moment I'm still doing 3u and well, let's just say I'm slowly improving as the HSC is getting closer. Just take a day or two off just to clear your head and free it of stress. Then just think of what you want to do and start from the beginning. Learn the basics and move your way up but don't take too long. And tutor is a BIG help. Feel free to talk to anyone on the site :)

hopsin

HSC
I can honestly that I have felt the same as you, in fact I've become depressed because throughout high school I never gave a shit about my studies and now in Year 12 I'm finding it hard to study and am a constant procrastinator so this has had a major impact on my grades thus far.. there have been times where I've felt so down that I just wanted to cry and even though about suicide, because of this I've been admitted to seeing a psychologist and so far it's helping out. First of all, if you are depressed and/or suffering from anxiety I urge you to see your GP and get transferred to a psychologist ASAP. You can't go through school with a bad state of mind because let's be honest VCE/HSC is a fucking mind game - if you can take control of your mind and don't let all these negative thoughts and past experiences haunt you constantly so you can achieve a good sense of self-control.

You need to realize that the HSC is not what it is all cracked up to be - it is not the end of the world despite what your family/teachers say believe it or not. This is not Korea or India where without strong academic success you will end up a failure.. no we are living in a country where there are millions of opportunities and pathways to get where you want to be, this country rewards people who work hard this is why people can go to TAFE and end up in Go8 Unis - this is because hard work is rewarded unlike other countries. So don't feel saddened or depressed because you don't do well because frankly there is no need to be, there are so many options out there that to commit suicide over the HSC which is simply an insignificant speck of dust when compared to your whole life is ridiculous and a stupid decision. So don't worry about not achieving a good UAI (whatever that means - a "good" UAI is very subjective) and stop COMPARING yourselves to other people! This mentality will get you nowhere and you will constantly feel down, don't compare yourself with no one because people are simply different and therefore comparisons are an exercise in futility especially for someone in your situation.

Now for some motivation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY <-- Video of Nick Vujicic a man with no arms and no legs who is living life to the absolute fullest. If he can overcome his problems you can too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQREuc7JX8 <-- A truly inspirational speech. Hard work will always pay off no matter what. Don't be afraid of failure, you might fail 1000 times but in the end you will achieve success and boy that will taste good!

Now in terms of MATHS.

- You might consider getting a tutor if you don't have one or if the one that you have isn't effective then you may need to get a new one.
- Ask your teacher for help! Teachers are a very valuable resource, so just approach them after class and tell them that you need help and they should be able to arrange a time where you can help.
- Get a study guide which explains the Maths topics very well.
- Use the internet - the internet is the most valuable resource to any HSC student and if you use it wisely you can do very very well.

Here are a few channels which explain Maths topics in a simple-easy to understand manner.
http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy <-- One of the best! Salman Khan does a brilliant job of explain Math, Biology, Chemistry and much more.
http://www.youtube.com/patrickjmt <-- Hundreds of quality easy-to-understand Math tutorials! Pretty much covers every topic you will ever have.
other videos can be found by just typing the topic's name onto YouTube search.

Goodluck and remember it's never too late to make a big impact on your HSC. HSC is not a race it's a marathon, it is not about how you start but how you finish. Don't look at your past failures, look ahead.

Alkenes

HSC
N/A
+
I can honestly that I have felt the same as you, in fact I've become depressed because throughout high school I never gave a shit about my studies and now in Year 12 I'm finding it hard to study and am a constant procrastinator so this has had a major impact on my grades thus far.. there have been times where I've felt so down that I just wanted to cry and even though about suicide, because of this I've been admitted to seeing a psychologist and so far it's helping out. First of all, if you are depressed and/or suffering from anxiety I urge you to see your GP and get transferred to a psychologist ASAP. You can't go through school with a bad state of mind because let's be honest VCE/HSC is a fucking mind game - if you can take control of your mind and don't let all these negative thoughts and past experiences haunt you constantly so you can achieve a good sense of self-control.

You need to realize that the HSC is not what it is all cracked up to be - it is not the end of the world despite what your family/teachers say believe it or not. This is not Korea or India where without strong academic success you will end up a failure.. no we are living in a country where there are millions of opportunities and pathways to get where you want to be, this country rewards people who work hard this is why people can go to TAFE and end up in Go8 Unis - this is because hard work is rewarded unlike other countries. So don't feel saddened or depressed because you don't do well because frankly there is no need to be, there are so many options out there that to commit suicide over the HSC which is simply an insignificant speck of dust when compared to your whole life is ridiculous and a stupid decision. So don't worry about not achieving a good UAI (whatever that means - a "good" UAI is very subjective) and stop COMPARING yourselves to other people! This mentality will get you nowhere and you will constantly feel down, don't compare yourself with no one because people are simply different and therefore comparisons are an exercise in futility especially for someone in your situation.

Now for some motivation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY <-- Video of Nick Vujicic a man with no arms and no legs who is living life to the absolute fullest. If he can overcome his problems you can too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQREuc7JX8 <-- A truly inspirational speech. Hard work will always pay off no matter what. Don't be afraid of failure, you might fail 1000 times but in the end you will achieve success and boy that will taste good!

Now in terms of MATHS.

- You might consider getting a tutor if you don't have one or if the one that you have isn't effective then you may need to get a new one.
- Ask your teacher for help! Teachers are a very valuable resource, so just approach them after class and tell them that you need help and they should be able to arrange a time where you can help.
- Get a study guide which explains the Maths topics very well.
- Use the internet - the internet is the most valuable resource to any HSC student and if you use it wisely you can do very very well.

Here are a few channels which explain Maths topics in a simple-easy to understand manner.
http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy <-- One of the best! Salman Khan does a brilliant job of explain Math, Biology, Chemistry and much more.
http://www.youtube.com/patrickjmt <-- Hundreds of quality easy-to-understand Math tutorials! Pretty much covers every topic you will ever have.
other videos can be found by just typing the topic's name onto YouTube search.

Goodluck and remember it's never too late to make a big impact on your HSC. HSC is not a race it's a marathon, it is not about how you start but how you finish. Don't look at your past failures, look ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)