I wanna pass but I dont want to study at all! (1 Viewer)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Is it possible... is there someone you could bribe or something at uni's accrss aus. does anyone have any examples or anytyhing?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you're not keen to study at all (even a bit), then a uni degree is not right for you...

You definitely have to put some effort in to pass. It's not like high school anymore where doing virtually nothing can lead to a pass grade.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Is it possible... is there someone you could bribe or something at uni's accrss aus. does anyone have any examples or anytyhing?
Uni teaches you a lot about real life, you need to work hard to get what you want.

If you don't want to study then gfo of uni, seriously why take up someones space!

Looks like someone needs to grow up.

louy

HSC
N/A
Yes you can get a very good degree and do next to no work.

I got a First Class BA Honours degree from Kingston Business School in London, and also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, but can honestly say I have done very little work.

Just the work I have done has been very efficient and effective. I worked when I needed to work, I did attend all lectures and tutorials, but also all my evenings were free for me to socalise and party. I just worked smarter.

I did lots of little things that made studying easier.

Thinking of doing a CFA next or an MBA - just need to persuade my boss to pay for it.

dude01

HSC
Yes you can get a very good degree and do next to no work.

I got a First Class BA Honours degree from Kingston Business School in London, and also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, but can honestly say I have done very little work.

Just the work I have done has been very efficient and effective. I worked when I needed to work, I did attend all lectures and tutorials, but also all my evenings were free for me to socalise and party. I just worked smarter.

I did lots of little things that made studying easier.

Thinking of doing a CFA next or an MBA - just need to persuade my boss to pay for it.
Obviously your idea of what constitutes doing 'very little work' is different to others (including myself). If someone was to attend all lectures and tutorials I would see that person as someone who does a reasonable amount of work. People that go to lectures are generally those that work hard and study regularly throughout the semester. Personally, I only go the first and last lecture for each subject and still consider myself a hard worker.

The OP doesn't want to study at all and get a degree - which is impossible. Even if you treat the whole semester as a holiday, you will still need to make sure you pass assignments [which mean you can't go out on weekends before assignments are due] and cram for final exams which will only work for certain subjects i.e. business subjects which are easy to cram for in a few days, whereas for law this is impossible.

louy

HSC
N/A
My timetable in university was about 12 hours a week. ok ok, I will admit that is some work - but no means a lot of work - especially considering life since University is now about 38 hours work a week.

Most people went to the lectures, but I got more out of the lectures than most. Many people went to the lectures and f**ked around init, and then spend the next two weeks trying to understand it through books. I went to the lecture, understood what needed to be learnt, in just an hour and spent the next two weeks partying, playing tennis or playing soccer.

I think what I did was work a little throughout the year instead of cramming loads in at the end, and for me it prove very successful. Plus I did things that made the little I did throughout the year more efficient - I developed speed reading skills, improved my memory, I networked well with the markers, picked my modules very wisely, I did high intensity exercise (healthy body healthy mind), I had recorded lectures instead of writing notes and played them over in my sleep, vitamin pills, plenty of fluids every night when partying to avoid dehydration and hang over and things like that. It all paid off.

merillem

HSC
OMG...is this serious?
Uni life really isn't that hard, is it? You are going to go far in life with an attitude like that.

louy

HSC
N/A
that's still a lot of work

Not at all, it wasnt much work at all.
Besides, I was going for a 1st class degree, top 10% of the population.

If you want a decent degree, you only need to aim for a upper second class classification, and then you need to do even less than I did.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
lol, my Physics teacher said in final year of university he did 4 nights study.

He didn't attend any lectures at all during the year, he was jamming with a band in another country... obviously he was good at cramming.

So yes it is possible.

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Ah well all you seem to be mentioning cramming and all that... BUT I WANT TO DO NOTHING AT ALL... i know its possible! I mean university is 4 passing and partying amirite?
And all you people who say that i need to grow up SHUT THE HELL UP! you are all losers without a life.
now can anyone give me a proper answer.. far oput

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Ah well all you seem to be mentioning cramming and all that... BUT I WANT TO DO NOTHING AT ALL... i know its possible! I mean university is 4 passing and partying amirite?
And all you people who say that i need to grow up SHUT THE HELL UP! you are all losers without a life.
Its not possible to pass if you do not attend, do not read, do not do assignments and do not study, to get a bare pass you still have to put minimal effort in.

Studying does not mean I don't have a life, but by all means continue to think I am a loser, its like in highschool all those people who picked on people are struggling and those who were the 'losers' are successful.

louy

HSC
N/A
You are the one that sounds like a loser. You will probably smoke pot for 4 years solid and get completely wasted, build up lots of debt, fail in your university life, probably wont get a degree.

But thats ok, one of my best mates was a complete loser like you are university. But he now works at a leading investment bank in Hong Kong and makes more money than me. This year he has made 4 times as much as me. So you dont need a degree to do well in life.

For me personally, I spent 4 years at uni, where I did party every night, got completely wasted, had a fantastic time, but also got a good degree out of it.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Have you actually experienced uni yet? If not, you're in for a shock.

First of all, there is absolutely no way you can pass uni by doing absolutely nothing. You have to do at least something. Even those who just pass (even those who just fail) always put some effort into gaining some marks (however little that may be) but no one does nothing.
It is certainly possible to balance partying and doing uni work.

Assignments and exams are actually weighted to your final mark. Do you honestly think that getting virtually zero (i.e. doing nothing) in these would constitute to at least 50%? Do you really think that getting virtually zero in a final exam worth 70% would lead to a 50% pass grade? lol

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
If attending lectures/tutorials and doing minimally required homeworks are not counted as "studying", and you do those things, then it's possible. In fact, if you're efficient at doing those things you might even do better than just a pass.

If you want to pass doing absolutely nothing then I don't see how it's possible.. even bribing will take some effort.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well I don't know what your idea of study is but just dragging myself to all these lectures and tutes (well, tutes being compulsory made it easier to attend) was my study. I never sat down and studied as such until stuvac. Even then, just attending all those classes was some effort. Printing lecture notes beforehand, getting up at 7am to be there for 9am lectures (never had a day that didn't start at 9), then paying attention in those lectures...

Yeah, verdict is, pretty much you can't pass if you don't put in any effort. Most ppl who pass either skip lectures and study hard in private, or go to lectures and not study (so) hard in private (me), or, if you're gunning for top marks--go to lectures AND study hard in private.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the OP wants to imply that he will suck cock to get good grades.

Kinda like sex but without the sex

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm possible... you can't exactly do nothing. But you can do close to nothing. Depends how smart you are - ie how smart you're born, not what grades you get. Also depends how hard your course is.

So if you tell me what your UAI, IQ and course is, I could provide a rough estimate of how many minutes of studying/reading you need to do per year.

Btw don't listen to all that nonsense about you needing to grow up etc - I think it shows a fair bit of initiative to try do what you're aspiring to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)