I want to drop prelim Jap Continuers (1 Viewer)

kanra3431

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm currently a y11 student taking 13 units. From my overall feel of the subject this year and my T1 assessment results, Jap continuers isn't working out for me. There's many issues I have with Jap this year, such as course content and some people in my class, which sucks because it was one of my favourite subjects in y7-10. The period for changing subjects at my school has already passed, so I'm stuck with it until the end of y11.

As I have an extra unit, I'm currently thinking of focusing on my other subjects since I plan on dropping it for HSC. However, I feel like tanking any classes would be a bad idea, and I have no idea what to do. This is my first post here and I'm not too sure how things work, so any advice would be appreciated :)

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm in year 12 and I do Jap continuers. Personally, I think doing a language is a really important and useful skill that'll also help differentiate you from others. Japanese does become quite difficult in the senior years, but what's cooler than being able to read and speak in another language?

I guess I'm biased, but I recommend you keep it. Drop it in year 12 if your marks continue to tank. Also, if there's people in your class you don't enjoy being with, there's always a chance they'll drop in year 12 (my class size halved between year 11 and 12).

Btw, what mark did you get in T1 and what kind of marks were you getting in past years?

hschelper01

HSC
Hi,

I'm in year 12 and I do Jap continuers. Personally, I think doing a language is a really important and useful skill that'll also help differentiate you from others. Japanese does become quite difficult in the senior years, but what's cooler than being able to read and speak in another language?

I guess I'm biased, but I recommend you keep it. Drop it in year 12 if your marks continue to tank. Also, if there's people in your class you don't enjoy being with, there's always a chance they'll drop in year 12 (my class size halved between year 11 and 12).

Btw, what mark did you get in T1 and what kind of marks were you getting in past years?
^^ has a good point. My biggest regret was dropping French before Year 11/12 :rolleyes: . Doing a language opens up so many opportunities when you leave school and it is also a good skill to have when you go to job interviews etc etc.

Like (^), I'd recommend keeping it until you finish Year 11 - what do you have to loose 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. One tip I'd give is to make use of your teacher and online resources - If you have a question/s, don't be afraid to ask for help and/or extra resources - I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help...

Good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)