• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i want to have a wedding :( (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i want to have a tacky wedding that my children and grandchildren can laugh at for centuries to come.

...like dogs dressed up as flowergirls/ringbearers and wedding-themed songs, and a HILARIOUSLY bouffant wedding gown.

maybe i'll have two weddings. cos really, i have to beat my parents in the tack stakes and that's not going to be easy...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Weddings are stupid.

You have two choices here, tell me which is the logical one.

Two people are starting their lives out and wish to make a legal statement about their relationship. They can either

A: have a rediculously exuberant party, spend $30 000 on a celebration with friends, family basically everyone invited and fed expensive meals. Most of their savings are spent on this and they may have taken out a loan to cover costs.

B: the couple elope down to the local courthouse[or whatever] and get themselves legally recognised as married for $100. With the other 30k they put down a deposit on a house and sign their future kids up for a prestigious school.

The same arguements can be made for engagement rings. I am not buying a diamond. I see no reason to support such a disgusting industry that also controls the price, making what is essentially a rock into something valuable. I have heard the arguements for diamonds and i wont buy one. If i meet the perfect girl who is great in every way except she wants a diamond ring, i will buy a zirconia or something.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Serius said:
Weddings are stupid.

You have two choices here, tell me which is the logical one.

Two people are starting their lives out and wish to make a legal statement about their relationship. They can either

A: have a rediculously exuberant party, spend $30 000 on a celebration with friends, family basically everyone invited and fed expensive meals. Most of their savings are spent on this and they may have taken out a loan to cover costs.

B: the couple elope down to the local courthouse[or whatever] and get themselves legally recognised as married for $100. With the other 30k they put down a deposit on a house and sign their future kids up for a prestigious school.

The same arguements can be made for engagement rings. I am not buying a diamond. I see no reason to support such a disgusting industry that also controls the price, making what is essentially a rock into something valuable. I have heard the arguements for diamonds and i wont buy one. If i meet the perfect girl who is great in every way except she wants a diamond ring, i will buy a zirconia or something.
i'd rather spend the $30000 on myself than sending my kids to some filthy private school with obscenely high fees and paying double that. public schools are just as good

call me selfish

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah i think so too, but i went to a selective public school which is basically the best school in my area. The only other schools even close to it are all private schools. The public schools where i live are pretty shit tbh.

In that case replace private school fees with a new car or stock or something.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ill get married with you!

as long as we can have a quirky cool ceremony which won't be anything like my cousin's who is going to have a typical exorbitantly expensive princess wedding which my aunty will have no objection in paying..

remember when we talked about rapping jagged edge ;)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Serius said:
yeah i think so too, but i went to a selective public school which is basically the best school in my area. The only other schools even close to it are all private schools. The public schools where i live are pretty shit tbh.

In that case replace private school fees with a new car or stock or something.
dude, there are no good schools down here!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
st marys was meant to be good....was pretty crap tbh

they all walk around thinking they're so fancy, but they're not THAT awesome

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Born Dancer said:
ill get married with you!

as long as we can have a quirky cool ceremony which won't be anything like my cousin's who is going to have a typical exorbitantly expensive princess wedding which my aunty will have no objection in paying..

remember when we talked about rapping jagged edge ;)
haha. you know - that more cost cutting! we don't need to pay jagged edge to feature at our wedding. YOU can just rap it out hahaha

but yes. joint wedding! with jelly! but i just have to find someone to marry

patrick?

Evilo

HSC
melimoo said:
i'd rather spend the $30000 on myself than sending my kids to some filthy private school with obscenely high fees and paying double that. public schools are just as good

call me selfish
I seriously doubt the private school will be filthy.

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC
If you're desperate for photos, then no one's stopping you at taking professional dream photos like StarShots. I got my first ones taken at 16, and planning to do that every few years. It depends on where you go, some may seem lifeless, but some just make you look gorgeous.

I haven't gone so far as to planning my whole wedding, but just snippets here and there. Just a bit worried about the number of girlfriends I have - not many...and the location - here or my home country.

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
Weddings and engagements should be kept private.. People with big ass diamond rings make other girls nag their bfs for rings lol :p

Last edited:

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC
Yeah, but you know a good match when you see one. My b.f. knows I want a ring but we have to be patient and wait for the right time, in like, 6 years. I laugh and joke about wanting a huge diamond and he knows, hasn't been put off by it and actually look forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)