ich liebe deutsch zu lernen! (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Wie? In meinem uni, für ein halbes Jahr.
Shit, you are really good. (No German here, lol)

Welche Universität?

X

xeuyrawp

lyounamu said:
Shit, you are really good. (No German here, lol)

Welche Universität?
I'm really bad at speaking it, to be honest. Can't wait tell there's a break in my history work for a semester so I can go to Germany...

I'm at Macquarie. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I'm really bad at speaking it, to be honest. Can't wait tell there's a break in my history work for a semester so I can go to Germany...

I'm at Macquarie. :)
Ich werde Japaner oder Deutsch lernen. Welchen Kurs werden Sie empfehlen?

X

xeuyrawp

lyounamu said:
Ich werde Japaner oder Deutsch lernen. Welchen Kurs werden Sie empfehlen?
Ich studierte Japanisch für den HSC.

Beide Deutsch und Japanish sind recht einfach und unkompliziert. Lernst beides?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Ich studierte Japanisch für den HSC.

Beide Deutsch und Japanish sind recht einfach und unkompliziert. Lernst beides?
Wirklich? Ich werde sowohl japanische als deutsche versuchen.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
its Das ist mein Hamburger!! Hamburger is a male thing therefore can't be meine.....
Year 7 German says something quite different.

Peartie

HSC
nein...im Feuerwerk es ist "das ist mein Hamburger" check it out

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

alexdore993 said:
Wow lots of replies. Cool.

But still, even though you can put it into a sentence, and say 'ich liebe Deutsch' doesn't make it correct. As I have been writing, I think that it's actually overused and incorrect in this context, because 'lieben' doesn't have the same connotations as 'love' does in English.

As I said before, if one loves a parent, that is different from loving chocolate, but the same word is used. In German, I'm pretty sure, that no distinction is made, meaning 'lieben' has only one meaning and one connotation. Therefore to use it in the context of a subject would actually be an embarassing exaggeration.
I think you're missing the point... We understand what you're saying. However the sentences I've provided are real examples, and are fine. You can say you 'lieben' something inanimate.

Peartie

HSC
Charity F said:
Feuerwerk.

:D

shh i missed an e :p im just saying there is no way it can be meine because Hamburger isnt a feminine object!

man sagt nicht liebe sonder gern

ich lerne Deutsch gern....is the same as in english saying i love learning german

if u want something that sound like liebe in there you could say:

Ich lieber Fussball gern - i love football lots....

at least in my 8 odd years of german i have never heard "ich liebe deutsch zu lernen" grammatically it is correct but to a german speaker it may sound ein bisschen komisch.

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
ahhh good old bayerisch!!!

saying ich liebe whatever is like when you say "ich bin heiss" meaning i am horn* when u meant to actually say es geht mir heiss....

or when one of my friends said ich habe die katze gefuttert(sp?) meaning i fed the cat but they really said i ate the cat :p

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't use it then, "lieber" means "rather."

For example:

Ich mag Biologie lieber als Mathematik.

Though that is the verb "lieber moegen." But you would normally use it as "rather."

Hmm..

Peartie

HSC
ich lieber etwas gern technically, when translating word for word, i rather like something......

Peartie

HSC
normally no...normally u would say ich mag etwas gern........

but i was originally taught way back in yr 7 or 8 ich liber etwas gern

I havent used that in ages...definatley not in my HSC and didnt hear it in Germany but its what i was taught once upon a time

if i was to say i love something id normally say

ich mag Fussball gern........

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Peartie said:
normally no...normally u would say ich mag etwas gern........

but i was originally taught way back in yr 7 or 8 ich liber etwas gern

I havent used that in ages...definatley not in my HSC and didnt hear it in Germany but its what i was taught once upon a time

if i was to say i love something id normally say

ich mag Fussball gern........
Are you sure it's correct then, from way back then? When I went to German speaking countries, I found my teachers had taught me a lot of incorrect things, lol.

Peartie

HSC
true.... im merley saying what i was taught....its like the germans are taught things in english which are gramatically correct but dont make get used

i know when i was at school in germany the english teacher was teaching them thou etc which is gramatically correct but not used - he said that its not used...so maybe our german teacher said its not used in germany and i jsut wasnt paying attention who knows it was that long ago i really cant remember what was said....

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
i know when i was at school in germany the english teacher was teaching them thou etc
All Germans still learn that.

Possibly just because it would mean learning an English 'word' for them which corresponds directly to the German use?

My German tutor's ~25 and says that they learn it and are told 'this isn't used, but just so you know it'. I think it also serves them a lesson that English is becoming shit and ungrammatical. I read an article in a scholarly archaeology journal which had the title "Giving the Dead Bread"... 25 years ago, you'd be shot for confusing syntactic direct/indirect objects. Can't imagine how we'll be using English in 50 years... Won't be surprised if we get rid of the case system totally both in pronouns and with direct/indirect object markers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)