• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ideas For A Creative Change Piece Of Writing In Sec.2 (1 Viewer)

Emmalea

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting or creative ideas for section 2 of paper one?? My teachers have told me it HAS to be ORIGINAL!! I cant think of many creative things other than the usual "boring" teenage stuff. Also they say we should write about stff we know about? so agian this limits my options. ...
please send any ideas....

:) :eek: :cool:

Emmalea

yer i like that one. or the perspective of old people, looking back??? is that NOT original??

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
seed? your ideas interest me... =) that's cute. what about a caterpillar?

i did one of an old woman looking back.. it worked. =P but i want something different... i wish i were more original.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i wrote one as a vegetable going through and identity crisis , writing with a wannabe terry prachett style.....

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Emmalea
Just wondering if anyone has any interesting or creative ideas for section 2 of paper one?? My teachers have told me it HAS to be ORIGINAL!! I cant think of many creative things other than the usual "boring" teenage stuff. Also they say we should write about stff we know about? so agian this limits my options. ...
please send any ideas....

:) :eek: :cool:
The advice that I've got is always write from personal experiences.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. but it got me 14/15 for my trial which was a surprised considering that my head was pretty messed up during the trial. Thank God!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
just wondering when we talk about change does it have to be on a person or living thing..can u talk about the changing face of say, technology etc etc

tempco

HSC
I think it all depends on the text type.. if it doesn't specific a person (eg. interview a person <- that was part of my trial exam question), I guess you could do it. If it was a short story, you could describe your surroundings in regards to technological change, and even if it's a reflective piece, you could personify technology.

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
i read in some old examiners reports that twist stories- ie the ones where ur looking through the eyes of a pet or whatever- are sometimes not a good idea cause the examiner can't tell what you're rambling on about until you reveal the twist at the end

so just to be safe, at the top of ur response i'd write

"context: i am a cat. i bury my own s- .. etc"

Emmalea

ok so, it WILL depend on the text type they ask us and whether or not we have to be a person reflecting back on a place. So what are the things everyone writes about and what we should ster clear of in order for it to be original??

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
remember your work on 'the journey' in year 11 everyone??

well basically just rewrite shirley valentine or whatever texts you did and everyone is happy!

we didn't do that in year 11, we did conflict.

Schmott

emmalea, maybe you should try writing about bricks. bricks bring soo much creativity to the world. bricks, they're so hot right now, bricks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)