idea's for a creative story (1 Viewer)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
need ideas for a short story on change, any suggestions?
Ask your English Teacher, and ideas could be in-relation to anything :read::read:

Its about how well you write through perspectives which will let you achieve great marks for story-writing in both Prelims and HSC.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Pick a type of change you want to explore, and go from there.

allira92

HSC
Ask your English Teacher, and ideas could be in-relation to anything :read::read:

Its about how well you write through perspectives which will let you achieve great marks for story-writing in both Prelims and HSC.

i would but my exam is tomorrow sort of left it to the last minute to think if ideas :uhoh:
but thankyou its just annoying that its so broad, but thanks to both of you

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Do something simple, yet effective. Think of something you enjoy... then some sort of related challenge. Add either a reflection or a twist at the end (or both) and you're done!

Personally I say do something simple, because I find myself thinking up epic plots but then only getting halfway through and I run out of time. DO NOT write about boring everyday stuff e.g. bus trip to school, challenges teenagers face... because the markers have read hundreds (most likely thousands) of stories about those sort of topics. They want something unique, something that stands out and engages them.

That's my interpretation, anyway. http://community.boredofstudies.org/44/english-area-study/44069/antis-guide-writing-creatively.html explains it well, better than me anyway.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Have you seen Shawshank redepemption? How about a criminal who changes so he no longer fits in with the outside society, and would prefer to die than return to the regular world.

Or a country town that slowly begins to change into a globalised city.

The hermit would changes his mind set, and ends up wanting company. Then finds it and loses it.

An elderly person slowly changing in health, and reminiscing as they slowly die.

Anything spark your interest...

HSC
My teacher tells us to write from personal opinion and change parts of it around to entice the marker, we had to write about "Journey" -shudders- in class few days back, I actually made my mum cry with my story about someone lying in a hospital bed dying at the mere age of seventeen.

I wrote half it on pure experience and the other imagination.

So hope that gives you some help, just think of a time in your life where you have experienced change and then incorporate something else into it

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But make sure you can distinguish between incorporating your experiences and writing about your experience. There is a big difference, especially in terms of content.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I did one about how age and time have made me see life differently. Got a B for that, lol.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I say experience. For myself, an event or situation in my life, that happens to me or which I see, launches me into creative writing mode. To write an effective and well flowing story, you should write things that you know about and are familiar with.
Also, do you know a few events in history very well? I sometimes use that as the basis of my story...I create a story amidst an event in history. I'll know a country, understand the events occurring at the time, and know its societal values and attitudes to create a story.
Whatever it may be, just delve within.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)