Ideas on how to get into law help! (2 Viewers)

mmhmm

i got 92 and so i dont have enough to get into law oviously at usyd, uts or unsw or even macquarie and so i was wondering wat every1 thought would b be the best way of getting into law. im considering do combined business and law, or commerce/law or media/law. my idea is to get into business at uts which last yr had cut off 91.25 (hopefully dosnt go up too much) and then after 1st yr pick up law but ive been told that it is very difficult and competitve to do that. ive heard that the best thing to do is get into law at a uni like uws and then transfer to usyd, unsw or uts but i really dont like the idea of traveling for so long to uws, i dont even want to got unsw cuz of that. i just really really wanna go to uts or usyd. does any1 have any ideas??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
what about performing extremely well for 3 years undergraduate, and get into Graduate law?
dunno how that all works though, i hear even that is extremely competitive

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Regardless of what you do now, transferring will most likely require you to achieve a distinction average during your first year of university study. Which, at USyd, I think means being in the top 14% for most of your subjects.

mmhmm

Originally posted by Lazarus
Regardless of what you do now, transferring will most likely require you to achieve a distinction average during your first year of university study. Which, at USyd, I think means being in the top 14% for most of your subjects.
does any1 know how it is at uts?

which campus at uws has law?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mmhmm

does any1 know how it is at uts?

which campus at uws has law?
isnt it the one in the city ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
does anyone know the cutoff for law at western sydney?

pri

HSC
N/A
ANU cutoff is like 92 or sumthin, and the law department is damn strong

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by mmhmm
i got 92 and so i dont have enough to get into law oviously at usyd, uts or unsw or even macquarie and so i was wondering wat every1 thought would b be the best way of getting into law. im considering do combined business and law, or commerce/law or media/law. my idea is to get into business at uts which last yr had cut off 91.25 (hopefully dosnt go up too much) and then after 1st yr pick up law but ive been told that it is very difficult and competitve to do that. ive heard that the best thing to do is get into law at a uni like uws and then transfer to usyd, unsw or uts but i really dont like the idea of traveling for so long to uws, i dont even want to got unsw cuz of that. i just really really wanna go to uts or usyd. does any1 have any ideas??

would u consider going to canberra?? what was the cutoff at ANU?? 92??? i think it was someting around that --- its not that far away... but yea depends what you want...

ANU is actually quite a good university , its just that no one wants to go to canberra because all it has is roundabouts and politicians....

also transferring between universities is quite hard -- i know someone studying law at uws, they get distinction averages but unsw wont accept them so yea...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: Ideas on how to get into law help!

Originally posted by luigi_000
also transferring between universities is quite hard -- i know someone studying law at uws, they get distinction averages but unsw wont accept them so yea...
What was their UAI?

Ozz^E

The Graduate Law program is also an option. The UAC book said that you would get in with a UAI over 90 and a High range credit average. Though youd want to be closer to a distinction average.

yer

My friend got 96.45 and he is applying for law at unsw,usyd and uts. What do u think r his chances of getting into any of them????

mmhmm

Re: Re: Ideas on how to get into law help!

Originally posted by luigi_000

would u consider going to canberra?? what was the cutoff at ANU?? 92??? i think it was someting around that --- its not that far away... but yea depends what you want...

ANU is actually quite a good university , its just that no one wants to go to canberra because all it has is roundabouts and politicians....

na i wouldnt b able to travel to ANU, i couldnt do it it. i dont know i might ring up uts and find out the chances of picking up law after 1 yr of business. hmm hopefully its possible! cuz i think internal transfers within uni's would b easier then external ones. thats what it sounds like to me. business at uts better not go up too much!

mmhmm

Originally posted by yer
My friend got 96.45 and he is applying for law at unsw,usyd and uts. What do u think r his chances of getting into any of them????
if he isnt going to pay upfront then he wont b able to get in but if he does local fee paying option he could get in to all of them.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: .

Originally posted by Spike
How hard is it to transfer into Law after one semester
Impossible - you can only transfer after one year. The actual requirements (in terms of grades needed) vary from university to university. For Sydney, a UAI of 90 and a distinction average is recommended. I'm not sure about other universities.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Most universities use different systems... at USyd, I think it's the top 14% in each subject that get given Ds or higher. Keep in mind that you're competing against students of a higher calibre at university (that have already made it through the UAI cut-off culling mechanism), so that sort of ranking is harder to achieve than in the HSC.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by yer

did he get EAS or live in a regional area at all?
cause if he got EAS hes in with a slim chance.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
check out wollongong too cos it wasn't very high

hehe and then theres New England.................80 if your prepared to live in the middle of nowhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)