Ideas on how to get into law help! (1 Viewer)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
UNE GO UNE! wooohoooooo they'll accept me for law if I decide to it haha, armidale, somehow I just dont fit with that picture.

but all the UNE people I know swear that armidale is this great party town!!!

Jason

Hey all - My UAI was 98.5 and I hope to go to USyd for Law - obviously won't get in first round, but do you think the fact that I'm a rural student might help? I didn't qualify for EAS though. And what's the chances of a second round offer?

cynic

Originally posted by Jason
Hey all - My UAI was 98.5 and I hope to go to USyd for Law - obviously won't get in first round, but do you think the fact that I'm a rural student might help? I didn't qualify for EAS though. And what's the chances of a second round offer?
not very likely... unless u go for fee paying...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Jason
Yes
second round offers...there usually isnt any vacancies after the main round, and even if there were, the UAI would most likely be around 99.95

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
UNE GO UNE! wooohoooooo they'll accept me for law if I decide to it haha, armidale, somehow I just dont fit with that picture.

but all the UNE people I know swear that armidale is this great party town!!!
Armidale itself is the biggest hole and so to is UNE (I had to go there to sit my UMAT exam).

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

Armidale itself is the biggest hole and so to is UNE (I had to go there to sit my UMAT exam).
yeah, its weird I really want to do commerce/law, but no so badly that Id live in Armidale for 5 years for it, even a year there just looks really bad.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Just do graduate law - its only one extra year, and by not doing combined law you have an opportunity to use the credit points that would have been devoted to law to do other things.

E.g, if i didn't make comm/law, i would have done commerce and then done a language or studied history through the arts faculty, or at least done a double major...

It could actually be a benefit to do the two degrees end to end rather than simultaneously!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)