Ideas Required Please! (Engineers, Hobbyists alike)!!! (1 Viewer)

Technoash

HSC
I was looking for a motor to try it out as a generator - couldn't find one. I decided to use my sub woofer instead lol. I could power the LED on by pressing on the cone of the driver. This was only momentary, so I added a small capacitor which made it fade in/out a bit slower. This gets me thinking, what happens when you attach two speaker drivers together with a really long wire then speak into one. Will you hear your voice on the other speaker? Maybe this is an idea you can show off.
PM'd you

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Give me a few days to get back to you with a full response. On portable device now. It worries me that quite a few people suggest buying random chemicals and doing as such. Honestly 5V is plenty for any led or pcb. In terms of pcb you need to be able to use the right cad and get an order from a company to print it for you. Soldering is the easy part. Your design proposal is quite broad which is good as it makes it flexible for suggestions.

I think something mind bogglingly awesome to win a prize would be to make an arithmetic unit using leds and your battery and make the logical and/or/xor operators using mosfet transistors (or you could use an ic doesn't matter). If you use an led make sure that you have less than 3V running through it. Use resistors. If you want an led to flash use a 555 timer ic or an arduino. If you want to make a battery with over 9V then consider building a system like a gate switch or something.

Honestly from my point of view, the possibilities are endless. Give me something specific and I can think something up that you like. I don't have time to reply instantly but I'll check back later on this week. You can e-mail me if you want.

I think the best thing is to think of the result you want from the circuit. I'll make suggestions as how to do the steps involved.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Even better idea. Don't use transistors. Use switches. Use leds. Use a breadboard. Make a 4 bit binary adder circuit. Use your battery. Done . Won't take you more than two hours to make.

Technoash

HSC
Even better. Make it in Minecraft using Redstone logic!
(statutory warning: Minecraft is in no way affiliated with Technoash. Minecraft may have withdrawal symptoms, cause square eyes and/or devour your free time)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Any way e-mail me if you like. I'll go now. Only have 3 hours sllep in past 50 hours. Soz for typos. Just dereference them and I'll change the value they point to later. Inb4 all here are java nubs.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Let's keep the ideas coming people I like this!! Really appreciate it though, I need to get a start on this project hopefully by this weekend with a plan ready and it revolves around the topic of 'Homemade battery'. I've made this experiment before using a variety of soft drinks which linked to my hypothesis of 'All liquids will produce a different reading'... (I know it's simple)
Maybe this is relevant..

http://www.greenoptimistic.com/2013/12/04/make-water-powered-flashlight-five-steps/#.VEVIkhYXKw1

but also I did something in my yr.10 which is basically placing hands or wet hands on copper plate which induces a current which can be shown an Ammeter. http://www.sciencefairadventure.com/ProjectDetail.aspx?ProjectID=135

Or try to create an generator which power a small led

Also maybe try to power an iPhone by an lemon (I saw something like this on youtube)..

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Give me a few days to get back to you with a full response. On portable device now. It worries me that quite a few people suggest buying random chemicals and doing as such. Honestly 5V is plenty for any led or pcb. In terms of pcb you need to be able to use the right cad and get an order from a company to print it for you. Soldering is the easy part. Your design proposal is quite broad which is good as it makes it flexible for suggestions.

I think something mind bogglingly awesome to win a prize would be to make an arithmetic unit using leds and your battery and make the logical and/or/xor operators using mosfet transistors (or you could use an ic doesn't matter). If you use an led make sure that you have less than 3V running through it. Use resistors. If you want an led to flash use a 555 timer ic or an arduino. If you want to make a battery with over 9V then consider building a system like a gate switch or something.

Honestly from my point of view, the possibilities are endless. Give me something specific and I can think something up that you like. I don't have time to reply instantly but I'll check back later on this week. You can e-mail me if you want.

I think the best thing is to think of the result you want from the circuit. I'll make suggestions as how to do the steps involved.
Thanks I have till Thursday I guess to get a plan going, build the project etc. The official project is due on the 5th of November for presentation, viewing and judging day. I have to thank you for going out on your time and researching for me, squareroot is also taking his opportunity to ask one of the professors at uni what else I can do to make a 'homemade battery'. I will also be visiting a physics teacher at my school who might also give me ideas but until you, squareroot and others have thought of a really good project for me to build I won't make a start. I want all of you to be a part of this because the ideas are interesting,thank you very much!

...and about the chemicals part, it's quite dangerous and I probably won't be able to get them under the watchful eye of my mother LOL.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys and girls I am leaning towards a handcrank generator but until AD AND SR get back from researching and helping me with this project I am not going to start, but please keep them ideas around 'Homemade battery or Handcrank Battery' as much as you can please!!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Square its back to the drawing board with the hand cranked whisker :( smh...

Where can I find and make a cheap handcrank guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)