ideas? (1 Viewer)

princesskt

HSC
ok just thinking of ideas. wat do ppl think. a story of an abuser rather then the one whos getting abused? or a story of a parent wif a child whos a drug addict? or a few peoples account on a murder or suicide? plz help..

princesskt

HSC
yea ive been thinking alot of it hey. i am going to skip the whole suicide/death thing. just it is too cliche and yes it is interesting and yea but i think its time i write bout something new. i was thinking a journey of a couple/friends/ family from say the city to the country.. along the way through the move as they come across round a bout they reflect a time of their lives (say in the city) when they had hit a round a bout. and traffic lights, pothole. etc. how does that sound?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
conceptually it might require stronger connections and elaboration. it sounds almost like a 'road movie' genre like thelma and louise

however if your structure and language control is sufficient i think you could be fine.

also you could maybe subvert the concept of road movies to provide a more enlightened positioin on some thing? not too sure creatively i'm dead at the moment, but definitely keep working on it!

HSC
N/A
You won't really know what does and doesn't work for you until you start writing. (ideas seem so different in words than they do in our heads) So start writing! :)

princesskt

HSC
fair enuf. ive actually decided to go wif the abuse story. yea. a phyiscal abuser (a basher) and just the story in his eyes.. yea. i hope its gonna be ok

somewhereelse

HSC
princesskt- i was told of someone doing an abuse thing a few years back, it was incredibly explicit and dark and violent and well written from the eyes of the attacker, and it eventuated that the voice was actually female... apparently got good marks, the intention of the piece was to explore the social conceptions of violence as male-dominated. So if you're clever about it, theres no reason why it wouldnt work.

princesskt

HSC
thanks hey. thats good advice. i was talking to someone and she was pulling out ideas.. i think yeah.. ill stick with this.. just have a kind of unexpected twist.

RiCkiE

HSC
I think you should stay open to ideas; I've only just hit upon a solid idea for my work, and it came from combining bits and pieces of all my other half arsed ideas.

The thing about stuff about perspectives and death and killing is just that it's been done to death-even more so than everything else.

RiCkiE

HSC
princesskt said:
ok just thinking of ideas. wat do ppl think. a story of an abuser rather then the one whos getting abused? or a story of a parent wif a child whos a drug addict? or a few peoples account on a murder or suicide? plz help..
Actually I had an idea sort of relating to this last night; you could write from the perspective of the abused and follow his/her development of Stockholm Syndrome

RiCkiE

HSC
no problem. :) I'm going to have to charge you for that btw...

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
My idea is about Nick Sitzman (The railway guy that got locked in the inoperable freezer car and froze to death at 10 degrees C).
Its based around him carving his stories into the wall of the freezer car but suffering from hypothermia, hense, then stories become more and more surreal as he loses the ability to think cognitavly.

A mate is doing a thing on capitalist America, but not in a pretentious Bush-bash way (which is a reward in itself!)

Love, Oman

HSC
woah i've never heard about this Nick Sitzman's story...
Sounds like it'll be a really interesting read Bowds!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Bowds said:
My idea is about Nick Sitzman (The railway guy that got locked in the inoperable freezer car and froze to death at 10 degrees C).
Its based around him carving his stories into the wall of the freezer car but suffering from hypothermia, hense, then stories become more and more surreal as he loses the ability to think cognitavly.

A mate is doing a thing on capitalist America, but not in a pretentious Bush-bash way (which is a reward in itself!)

Love, Oman
Wow thats an awsome idea.

I just realised how depressing my idea is from both the reader and the writers point of view.

princesskt

HSC
wow that sounds really great!! dont worry kloudsurfer.. mine sounds pretty lame when i hear everyone elses so dont worry! lol..

black_humour

HSC
Lets see if I can explain my idea properly, cause I barely understand it sometimes :)

I aim to write an anthology of shortstories based on a family which one of the parents will face a life-threatening medical problem. Each story I write will be written from different perspectives (mainly the husband and wife's). I'll write it so you follow the family through the hard time and HOPEFULLY the reader build some sort of connection through one of the perspectives... then at the end when you find out the life/death problem I'll write that in 3rd person and break the connection.

does that make sense? :S

LOL, hopefully it'll come out the way I want it too.
GOODLUCK EVERYONE!

J

jhakka

It wasn't THAT complicated.

Be careful with how many family members you use, though. Remember that you only have a maximum on 8000 words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)