If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect

H4rdc0r3 said:
After great deliberation of the information given and use of the Super UAI calculator, it has estimated and determined that your UAI will be

That's gotta hurt emotionally if you put in your marks and you get that prediction.

Lexii-

HSC
I'm ranked about the middle of all my subjects, but I don't know what rank my school is.. how do I find that out?

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Re: If I'm ranked in the middle of my grade in a top 50 school, what UAI can I expect

Hardcore:
Shit, man! You have not made a contribution to this thread since you walked in. Now you're drifting us off topic. Wtf?

OP:
Yes, a UAI of 80+ is very possible. If you want 90+, I think you gotta get band 5 in every one of your subjects.
Of course, I cannot confirm this, as I do not know your ranks.

HSC

minijumbuk said:
Hardcore:
Shit, man! You have not made a contribution to this thread since you walked in. Now you're drifting us off topic. Wtf?

OP:
Yes, a UAI of 80+ is very possible. If you want 90+, I think you gotta get band 5 in every one of your subjects.
Of course, I cannot confirm this, as I do not know your ranks.
Ok,

If I get band 5 in every subjects bar English, what UAI should I expect?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lexii- said:
I'm ranked about the middle of all my subjects, but I don't know what rank my school is.. how do I find that out?
Go to the HSC 2007 page. I think they have one.

R book

HSC
Wow this is so awesome, i feel so uplifted by this now. I thought I was going to creamed because I'm coming in upper middle in my school. This is a good thread. Despite the spam.

ikDG

HSC
just wondering..

what if you're ranked in the middle of a top 3 school?

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Well, it's quite hard to estimate what bands you'll get in the final HSC. That's why ranks are much easier. But since you don't have that, and you estimated all band 5 except english (I'll take band 4), then...

Taking all marks as 80, and english standard 75, you get ~78

Taking all marks as 82, and english standard 75, you get ~81

Look, I can't be certain what type of band 5 you get. Right now, I can only give you the minimum requirements or something, which won't be very accurate. Rankings could certainly narrow that range though.

Actually, reconsidering the rank of your school, I'd say that you may very possibly get mid band 5s.
Which securely places you at 87.5 UAI =P

Last edited:
HSC
minijumbuk said:
Well, it's quite hard to estimate what bands you'll get in the final HSC. That's why ranks are much easier. But since you don't have that, and you estimated all band 5 except english (I'll take band 4), then...

Taking all marks as 80, and english standard 75, you get ~78

Taking all marks as 82, and english standard 75, you get ~81

Look, I can't be certain what type of band 5 you get. Right now, I can only give you the minimum requirements or something, which won't be very accurate. Rankings could certainly narrow that range though.
I'd think that for Legal Studies I'm ranked about 27/60
Business: 27/60
Economics: 27/60
Maths: 60/120
English: 60/120

What would my prediction be based on those figures?

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Well, your percentile ranks seem pretty bleak, but since you're in top 50 school, I generously raised your scores.

I would say around low/mid 80s

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ikDG said:
just wondering..

what if you're ranked in the middle of a top 3 school?
98 - 99.

James Ruse = over 50% over 99.2
North Sydney Girls = over 40% over 99
Sydney Grils = about same as NSGH

Lexii-

HSC
My rankings are kind of bad at the moment, but could you help me estimate what UAI I might get.

Adv Eng - 14/16
Mod His - 8/13
Anc His - 6/10
Drama - 6/10
CAFS - 2/5

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lexii- said:
My school wasn't on the list for some strange reason.. It's really weird.
Does the list include every single school or is it just top 500 or something?

If that's the case, I estimate your UAI to be quite low. (like 50-60 at the maximum) if your school was really that low in the ranking.

HSC
lyounamu said:
Does the list include every single school or is it just top 500 or something?

If that's the case, I estimate your UAI to be quite low. (like 50-60 at the maximum) if your school was really that low in the ranking.
NAMU MAN!! You just shattered the poor girls heart.

Then again, honesty is the best policy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)