If u do more units does dat raise ur uai (1 Viewer)

HSC
ive been hearin alot of stuff from ppl dat if we do more units, it is beta cauz it raises ur uai. is dat true????:confused:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
belz888 said:
it wont raise ur uai but its just beta cuz it u screw up in one of ur subjects it wont count. only the best 10 units count
True. But with too many units, such a heavy workload may affect some of your other subjects.

Threadstarter:
Just because you have more units than someone else, doesnt mean you will get a better UAI.

The BEST TEN UNITS OF YOUR WORK, will count towards the calculation of your UAI

xSALLYx

HSC
What the people above have said is true, but there is another point to consider.

If you continue with 12 units in year 12, you have no free periods and are therefore constantly in class. People who have no free's tend to stay more focused on their work because they dont get that extra time to slack off. If you think that you are the type of person who will actually study in your frees then sure, do ten, but if your like me, and find that once you have a bludgy period you slack off for the rest of the day, i wouldnt say its a good idea.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
xSALLYx said:
If you continue with 12 units in year 12, you have no free periods and are therefore constantly in class. People who have no free's tend to stay more focused on their work because they dont get that extra time to slack off. If you think that you are the type of person who will actually study in your frees then sure, do ten, but if your like me, and find that once you have a bludgy period you slack off for the rest of the day, i wouldnt say its a good idea.
That doesn't sound right to me. Many people do 12 units that include a VET course, or taking a subject offline, which should result in them getting free periods regardless of the amount of units they're doing.

Last edited:

karnoganguli

HSC
I do 14 units at the moment and i have no free periods. Like soulsearcher (like ur name) said, depends on your school. Next year i'm doing 12 unnits (maybe 13). As for doing more subjects, doesn't raise ur UAI. However, if you bomb out in one subject, you got back up.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
xSALLYx said:
It really depends on what subjects these 12 units consist of. There are subjects e.g extensions like extension 2 english and maths are often taken outside of school hours, allowing some to have a free period during school hours.

Black Hawker

HSC
I have to have 12 school units and if I take up a TVET course (probably metal and engineering) then I will have to do 14 units in Year 11.

asdf5432

HSC
what happens if you are thinking of doing 11 units for year 12? how does that work? do they split the last subject in half? :confused:

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Its kinda like splitting it in half. Extension units (ext1 eng, ext1 maths etc) only count for 50 marks, so when you get your HSC results theyll be out of 50, and everything else is out of 100. Ahuh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)