if ur bf/gf was a player (1 Viewer)

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
A player seems to me to be the same as a cheater, but with a cooler name.
*roll eyes* Playing and cheating are not the same thing :/. A player wouldn't want a girlfriend to be tied down to. A player would have the attitude "sure I'll hook up with you tonight, but don't get all attached". Cheating and playing is very different.

Playing is potentially harmless whereas cheating causes emotional issues for some apparently.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Baiku said:
*roll eyes* Playing and cheating are not the same thing :/. A player wouldn't want a girlfriend to be tied down to. A player would have the attitude "sure I'll hook up with you tonight, but don't get all attached". Cheating and playing is very different.

Playing is potentially harmless whereas cheating causes emotional issues for some apparently.
A player does NOT make the girls aware that there are other people involved in their life and that they are not solely interested in them. That is why many 'players' often end up with huge scratches on their cars.

The whole idea of being a 'player' is that you are playing with people's emotions and manipulating them behind their back. If it's perfectly consentual sex with random people with a promise of no emotional connection how exactly are you 'playing' any of these women?

Last edited:

jnr_mafia

HSC
A Playa/Player is:

A person who is competitive and gregarious by nature.

The skill of a playa is measured by the extent of his or her "game." The more "game" a playa has, the more respect they command in their community.

A person who has enough game (and hence, enough respect) can do whatever they want, dress however awful (or tacky) they want, say whatever crazy things they want to say, and still win the adoration of others. Often these skills are used to earn sexual or material favors, although not by necessity.

Playas are mostly motivated by the ego drive that comes with self expression and self manifestation for its own ends. In many ways, playas are trend-setters rather than trend-followers.

Game recognizes game, and a true playa will always give respect to a fellow playa when it is due. People who ignore (read: fail to notice), criticize, or alienate themselves from a playa without just cause is referred to as a "playa hater."

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That's a decent definition, however alot of players also try to increase their 'game' and show off how much of a player they are to their friends, by lying to and manipulating women. Women get upset because they thought it was love but they were just getting played like the other girls.

If the guy makes it clear to the girl that it's just about sex, then that's no problem.

olchik

HSC
CoffeeBeans said:
if your gf/bf was a player before they met you.

Would you trust them? or presume they will go straight?

btw, has this topic been started before?
If he was a player before, but not anymore, I don't care! But if I know that nothing can change him, I won't date such a person.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my ex boyfriend was a player before i met him. we didnt break up because he was a player. we were together for 10 months, and since then, he has only looked for relationships and hasnt had a one nighter etc either. the right person can sort their partner out of bad habits.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Based on that definition I would differentiate between a player and a reasonable person as follows. A player is up themselves and will lie/manipulate to get laid an ordinary reasonable person will not lie to get their leg over but will try their hardest to get laid honestly....

jnr_mafia

HSC
addymac said:
Based on that definition I would differentiate between a player and a reasonable person as follows. A player is up themselves and will lie/manipulate to get laid an ordinary reasonable person will not lie to get their leg over but will try their hardest to get laid honestly....
Definition for Playa hater....

Most simply, a playa hater is someone who openly criticizes, purposefully attempts to sabotage, or who indulges in any number of other activities/behaviors aimed at someone they consider a playa, or even at playas in general.

The derogatory aspect to the term comes in the idea that the person who's hatin is really only jealous -- they playa hate because they wish they could be as successful, or alternately wishes they could somehow have the playa to themself.

So, of course, quite often a playa hater is someone who at some point or other
feels they were done wrong by a playa.

** man ... ur sounded like a playa hater jus like a few others on this topic..nufin wrong with being a playa**

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
jnr_mafia said:
Definition for Playa hater....

Most simply, a playa hater is someone who openly criticizes, purposefully attempts to sabotage, or who indulges in any number of other activities/behaviors aimed at someone they consider a playa, or even at playas in general.

The derogatory aspect to the term comes in the idea that the person who's hatin is really only jealous -- they playa hate because they wish they could be as successful, or alternately wishes they could somehow have the playa to themself.

So, of course, quite often a playa hater is someone who at some point or other
feels they were done wrong by a playa.

** man ... ur sounded like a playa hater jus like a few others on this topic..nufin wrong with being a playa**
A Player Hater is a derogatory term for anyone whom doesn't agree with lying, cheating and manipulating other people. It is usually used by 'playaz' to attempt to silence good arguments. We are well aware that being a player is about having alot of game, but in reality not everyone has enough game to truely have 6 people wanting to sex them with no commitment. The problem occurs due to the fact that everyone decides it's awesome to be a player, so they all try to be one so they can show off to their friends, so they lie / cheat / manipulate.

Last edited:

rachael230

eh. i reckon most girls are 'playa haters'.
who wants to be hurt?
in my opinion players would have to have really low self esteem because people who actually value themselves respect others as well, and dont feel the need to MAKE other people respect them.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
"Players" say that the reason they go out and have sex with heaps of different women is because they can't find a girl who they would settle down in a relationship with.

Just to point out the bleedingly obvious, no girl with half a brain would settle down with someone with a history of cheating, lying and otherwise being a bastard.

Players are just guys who haven't gotten over the pubecent urge to screw anything in sight.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
A Player Hater is a derogatory term for anyone whom doesn't agree with lying, cheating and manipulating other people. It is usually used by 'playaz' to attempt to silence good arguments. We are well aware that being a player is about having alot of game, but in reality not everyone has enough game to truely have 6 people wanting to sex them with no commitment. The problem occurs due to the fact that everyone decides it's awesome to be a player, so they all try to be one so they can show off to their friends, so they lie / cheat / manipulate.
How is calling someone a player derrogatory? It's a badge of honour. Like a band-aid on your cheek or a bright, diamond necklace with a clock on it.

HSC
In short, no.

but I'd keep my lack of trust to myself. Why ruin the relationship with paranoia? Chances are you're worth it for him to 'keep straight' from now on.

But don't be stupid and think "OH he wouldn't cheat on me ever ever ever ever"
protect yourself.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
lovinlife said:
well i am a guy who has just lost a 10mnth relationship with a girl that i truly love because i cheated on her for the 2nd time.... i seriously didnt wanna do it but it happened and i dnt wanna be a cheater i seriously wanna change so bad.... i broke her heart the first time and swore i would never do it again but i duno wat happened i am so so so so cut at myslef for losing her i seriously dnt feel i deserve to live atm....what the funk is wrong with me...

ARRRRGGHH
!!!
Dodgy .

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lovinlife said:
well i am a guy who has just lost a 10mnth relationship with a girl that i truly love because i cheated on her for the 2nd time.... i seriously didnt wanna do it but it happened and i dnt wanna be a cheater i seriously wanna change so bad.... i broke her heart the first time and swore i would never do it again but i duno wat happened i am so so so so cut at myslef for losing her i seriously dnt feel i deserve to live atm....what the funk is wrong with me...

ARRRRGGHH
!!!
You love her when another girls arse isn't in front of your face.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
lovinlife said:

ARRRRGGHH
!!!
Truly love her?
If you truly loved her you wouldn't have cheated on her once let alone twice.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
lovinlife said:
i dnt think u can say i didnt love her tho.... she was my sunshine i treated her like a princess and i just made mistakes...and i paid for them deeply...
but dont ever say i didnt truly love her!!!
1. You type like a retard. Retards can't feel love.
2. The mistakes you made are indicative of not loving her.
3. Troll.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
guy who has done 1 or more of the following
a) cheated on one or multiple girlfriends (which means pashing, inappropriate touching, raunchy sms and/or sex)
b) flirts constantly with other girls
c)has not has a long term serious relationship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)