If you ask for HSC exam recheck can your mark get lower? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
An mark recheck means that they:

check that the marks for all sections of the paper are correctly recorded and correctly added up

If it turns out that you end up with a lower mark you don't lose marks but if there was an error then you mark will go up and your ATAR will also be adjusted, if necessary.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Well on the off-chance i actually get a mark or 2 for physics, atm exam-90 assessment-88 total=89, will the class's results be re-moderated and atar changed? only 9 in class

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It is a double edged sword.

Your mark can get lower or higher....

- If the marker was in a good mood, they may have been more leniant
- If the marker was at the end of the long day, they may have been more lazy with error checking ...
- If the marker was sick and had a long day , they may mark more harshly
Lmao. Do some googling before you offer advice

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay. Recheck is to see whether marks were added correctly. None of your answers are looked over again.

No your mark cannot decrease.

/thread

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
You get to keep the higher mark.

You cannot get a lower mark from a recheck.
Okay. Recheck is to see whether marks were added correctly. None of your answers are looked over again.

No your mark cannot decrease.

/thread
Yayyyyyyyyy thanks heaps!!

Seems like a lot of people had problems with Eco! Good luck to everyone with their recheck and hopefully we all get the extra marks we need! :D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Some stats on rechecks from past years. Old, but you get the idea.

HSC year200120022003200420052006
No. of course rechecks 225717121825178418301751
No. of changes made2727145286

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
An HSC Raw Marks Report lists the raw mark you were allocated for each examination question and your raw examination mark in a course.

So does a raw marks report check tell you where you lost marks for each sub question e.g. 12 a.) , or an entire large question.

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
My school launched a review into my eco results, and it turns out it was given as an illegible script so they are getting a non english marker to decipher my egyptian handwriting, though i dont think i will get any extra marks :( sad lyf

rach2896

HSC
N/A
I read in 2013 there were 460 rechecks and they found 11 mistakes but not sure if this is 100% accurate also there was the story of the girl in 2013 who got modern rechecked and they lost one of her booklets and it was recorded as a non attempt and she got an extra 13 marks and it changed the hsc marks of five other people in her class

smoothsailing

HSC
Say for example you pay to get your results checked, what response do you receive? If they have lost one of your sections & it was not marked, how will you know?? Or would I need to apply for a raw marks report or an examination response?? pls help

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They check that everything has been marked and properly recorded so they should pick up if a section hasn't been marked.

If they find that something was missed it will be added to your marks and you will be informed of an increase in marks. If nothing is found you will be informed that there was no change.

smoothsailing

HSC
What if in the case your writing is not legible for the marker & they recorded your mark based on the content they could only read? Nothing can be done, right?
Also, would you find that out?
AND..just to confirm, your mark cannot decrease..right?

photastic

HSC
What if in the case your writing is not legible for the marker & they recorded your mark based on the content they could only read? Nothing can be done, right?
Also, would you find that out?
AND..just to confirm, your mark cannot decrease..right?
The only to find out is purchasing the full price. Yes your mark cannot decrease according to past hsc students.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you work was illegible and wasn't able to be read then there is nothing you can do. Usually there are very few that are in that category - sometimes there are some that have sections but rarely an entire script.

Of course with 'at home marking' these days the days of sitting with a colleague to attempt to read it together are over as the marker is now on their own with two options:

mark what they can and hope the second marker is able to do more so it is discrepant so it goes to the SM or
send it back to the SM with a message that it can't be read.

For single marked sections there isn't the discrepant option of course.

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
So if I order a HSC Results Check what exactly will be sent to 'My Messages' box? Like will it tell me which areas were recorded as 'non-attempt', if my mark has changed or not, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)