If you could be a book... Any book... (1 Viewer)

Callistogenic

HSC
What sort of book would you be? Apart from genre, what about the physical side of you? Hardcover, paperback, part of a series? Etc.

J

jhakka

Fantasy, paperback and the best book in a series.

EDIT: For the sake of being specific.

I'll have 600+ pages, have a nice cover (nothing over the top), will focus on characters and their growth and will cost $19.95.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gavvvvvin

I would be a hard cover book with a nice dust-jacket thing happenin. I reckon I'd be about 500 pages fat.

mayhemily

HSC
I'd be leather bound with that really great paper smell, and I would have literary kudos but also a broad readership. Probably fantasy. And i would have lots of pages.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Id have no title, bound by black hard cover, gothic font style, dusty, hidden on a library bookshelf behind books which are regularly peroused.

G

Gavvvvvin

I would also be made out of that nice thin paper like that found in bibles. And I would have one of those nice pieces of red ribbon used to mark the page.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
id be a book with them glossy pages, with bright colored, arty-like photographs. i would also have a great story inside me.
and i would be insightful.
and i would cost $26.75

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I'd be a vintage book by an unknown author. I'd be a diary filled with odd scribbles and ink blots and totally random thoughts, as well as the day-to-day stuff of the writer. It wouldn't be an original, but a rare copy of the book, which was published after the diarist died.
Hardback, definitely, with the dustcover missing. I would not be part of a series. The pages would be thick but crumbly, and yellow. There'd be the odd page missing, and I wouldn't be for sale, I'd be in a museum.

And the fact that I bothered writing that much proves that I am a nerd.

Bishop

HSC
N/A
dreamcaster said:
What sort of book would you be? Apart from genre, what about the physical side of you? Hardcover, paperback, part of a series? Etc.
I would be Proust's "A la recherche du temps perdu". Firstly, because it's wonderful. Secondly, because I could take up more shelf-space than any other book in the universe.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ahaha... this is a weird idea for a thread

but anyways, i suppose i would be a fantasy book, because it's about something that's [probably] unreal and unlikely to happen. which is cool. i don't mind being hardback or paperback, but the cover would have to be of something exotic with soft colours which blend in together [probably heaps of blues, green and purples], and probably some black to tone it or contrast it. would probably like celtic type of title - to go with the fantasy genre. usually, fantasy books come in trilogies. i think i'd rather be by myself. or as a pair. as for the price... i'd like to think i'd be bought for a high price =) at high sales too... or maybe i'd prefer to just be bought by, or made avaliable only for, one person. i wanna be unique !

jt.

HSC
Id be a very old book. Yet not dusty, perfectly clean. Hard cover.
1290 pages.
I will be the bible of some wacked religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)