If you don't get your desired UAI (1 Viewer)

abc123doremi

HSC
if you don't achieve your aim, and get into the next best course
i know you can later transfer into your desired course

say you wanna get into medicine at new south
you get into medical science at new south
how well do you have to do in first year to get in second year your desired course
and what other processes do you have to go through

is it difficult, even if you work hard in first year?

anyone know of anyone who's done it by second year or what?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
distinction average for transfers. i heard transfers are difficult because every1 wants to transfer lol.
It is very difficult. Chances are slim I hear from the med forums as well, especially where the majority who choose Medical Science are doing it just to transfer. Medical Science, especially at USYD where the cut off is low in comparison, is competitive.

Your better off doing a B Science, maintaining a Distinction average and transfer, rather than picking a harder competitive course such as Medical Science.

And what makes you think you'll work hard? Why not go all out in the HSC instead? It's the best way to get in MBBS, if you're aiming for it.

abc123doremi

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
And what makes you think you'll work hard? Why not go all out in the HSC instead? It's the best way to get in MBBS, if you're aiming for it.
i probably won't but hsc is pressuring
and i find it hard to work under pressure
make that, i DON'T work under pressure
these holidays for example
but in uni, people don't really give a shit, so i was thinkin less competition, less pressure
but guess not

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
abc123doremi said:
i probably won't but hsc is pressuring
and i find it hard to work under pressure
make that, i DON'T work under pressure
these holidays for example
but in uni, people don't really give a shit, so i was thinkin less competition, less pressure
but guess not
You guess right :). If you're wanting to transfer from Medical Science to Medicine, it's far more pressure I hear.

It's the holidays. Relax! There are 3 tedious terms ahead of you.

And good luck. I also want in for Med (even though getting it for me is slim :eek:)

jellybelly59

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
You guess right :). If you're wanting to transfer from Medical Science to Medicine, it's far more pressure I hear.

It's the holidays. Relax! There are 3 tedious terms ahead of you.

And good luck. I also want in for Med (even though getting it for me is slim :eek:)
LOL it's not good to lie reshad :p

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
LOL it's not good to lie reshad :p
Arrgh David you've got a far better chance than me :D (observing from your committed study patterns).

abc123doremi

HSC
you both probably do a shit load more than me
i watch movies all day i've watched about 60 since my 4u term 1 assessment, and the holidays hadn't even begun
i'm not gona get into med, but i don't really have ambitions, and i'm of course lazy
i just wanna get a lotta money without doing anything, and i don't wanna have a boss coz i'd get fired by the second day
no, i'm not in it for the good feeling i get when i help others
but if i don't do medi sci, then wat course should i do to get an easier transfer?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
abc123doremi said:
i watch movies all day i've watched about 60 since my 4u term 1 assessment, and the holidays hadn't even begun
i'm not gona get into med, but i don't really have ambitions, and i'm of course lazy i just wanna get a lotta money without doing anything, and i don't wanna have a boss coz i'd get fired by the second day
but if i don't do medi sci, then wat course should i do to get an easier transfer?
You really don't sound like you should want to do med, really... o_O

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
-may-cat- said:
You really don't sound like you should want to do med, really... o_O
More like:

If you're doing it for the money, then you're not the right person for the job or the course. Choose something else that earns more. You'll get owned in the interviews if they ask:

Interviewer: Why did you decide to follow a career path such as Medicine?
You: For the money

jellybelly59

HSC
abc123doremi said:
i'm not gona get into med, but i don't really have ambitions, and i'm of course lazy
i just wanna get a lotta money without doing anything, and i don't wanna have a boss coz i'd get fired by the second day
LOL with that attitude you will definitely not get into medical science let alone medicine hahaha. Want to win a lot of money without doing anything? hmm... try the lottery :D

abc123doremi

HSC
i should be eligible at least i'm not a paedophile right?

i hate biology (which is basically med), physics, commerces, i'm haven't practised any arts, so no talent there
i like chem, i like maths (up to the 4unit level, so i don't wanna learn bout hypercubes or else my brain will sink into the 4th dimension)

i also like prestige - which is 4 jobs: doctor, engineer, lawyer, dentist
i don't know really what else to do

btw way to highlight everything that's wrong with my doing medicine
but you should realise that MOST people, even if they don't admit, are in it for the luxure and prestige

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
abc123doremi said:
i should be eligible at least i'm not a paedophile right?

i hate biology (which is basically med), physics, commerces, i'm haven't practised any arts, so no talent there
i like chem, i like maths (up to the 4unit level, so i don't wanna learn bout hypercubes or else my brain will sink into the 4th dimension)

i also like prestige - which is 4 jobs: doctor, engineer, lawyer, dentist
i don't know really what else to do

btw way to highlight everything that's wrong with my doing medicine
but you should realise that MOST people, even if they don't admit, are in it for the luxure and prestige
hm, i call troll....

luxure and prestige? Have you ever been to emergency on a saturday night?

abc123doremi

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
LOL with that attitude you will definitely not get into medical science let alone medicine hahaha. Want to win a lot of money without doing anything? hmm... try the lottery :D
i don't gamble it's so stupid

i'm not completely heartless though
like after i earn i wanna give all excess money to charity coz i don't have anyone i need to look after
i don't need a lotta money, i just don't wanna work in those second rate, third class, jobs for the rest of my life you know

abc123doremi

HSC
-may-cat- said:
hm, i call troll....

luxure and prestige? Have you ever been to emergency on a saturday night?
i'm talkin GP after being established
i don't mind hospital duties man
when i meant without doing anything, i meant as in studying
hell if you made me lift weights i would, so long as i don't have to sit down and stare at pages of formulas
or other stuff
for example, lawyers they gotta make cases and bring all these papers home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)