If you get a UAI of 30. (1 Viewer)

timmiejay

HSC
That's what I am interested to know. I have a friend and he has an absolutely brilliant mind. Absolutely brilliant. And in the junior years he would kill tests and absolutely destroy everyone. But the prelims came and the hard workers took over from the naturally gifted. So his marks fell. And as they fell he lost confidence in his own ability and now, due to his severe lack of confidence, he is unable to get the marks he used to even when he studies..[/quote]

I found that the key to success was gunning your first assessments for year 12. You need motivation/a boost.

inter108

HSC
People with really low UAI's get courses during the last round (late)

to fill any vacancies, within the courses

So there is hope for 30 UAIers but very slim.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
inter108 said:
People with really low UAI's get courses during the last round (late)

to fill any vacancies, within the courses

So there is hope for 30 UAIers but very slim.
qft

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
hey my friend at unsw told me the same thing...but what's that based on (i.e. do you know anyone who's done that?)

studentcheese

HSC
My mum would literally kill my anyway. But if I managed to escape, I'd do the HSC again :) I hate my cynical Asian parents. I could cry for hours because of their pressure.

I don't think I'll get a UAI of 30 anyway

inter108

HSC
Well to provide a example on this late round offer.

my friend's brother achieved a UAI of 50.

During the main rounds he did not receive a offer.

on the last he got one but opted to study at college.

so yea it's possible

inter108

HSC
This is only based on the popularity of the course.

e.g nursing courses often have vacancies and offer in the late round

Popular courses such as business and law is rarely found with vacancies.

HSC
inter108 said:
Well to provide a example on this late round offer.

my friend's brother achieved a UAI of 50.

During the main rounds he did not receive a offer.

on the last he got one but opted to study at college.

so yea it's possible
Oh, what course did he receive an offer for?

HSC
If I got under 80 I'd consider that an invitation to attempt the entrepreneurial life without the distraction of uni.

nataliaa.cc

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
so you wouldn't let the poor result affect how you feel about your academic aptitude and continue to pursue a tertiary education?
Not really no, because fortunately there are plenty of ways to get into Accountancy other than immediate University attendance. Also because I've been told by Accountancy teachers/Business teachers/Economics teachers/lecturers/current people in the general occupation area that I have a natural ability in all things business, so I'd still maintain hope. Plus I have a ton of early round applications with references from said teachers/lecturers/business people. This is all based on the theory though that my mother wouldn't kill me, which is highly possible with a mother who says "Oh, you're currently ranked first in Maths? But your last exam was only 94/100, you could improve on that"

Last edited:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
nataliaa.cc said:
Not really no, because fortunately there are plenty of ways to get into Accountancy other than immediate University attendance. Also because I've been told by Accountancy teachers/Business teachers/Economics teachers/lecturers/current people in the general occupation area that I have a natural ability in all things business, so I'd still maintain hope. Plus I have a ton of early round applications with references from said teachers/lecturers/business people. This is all based on the theory though that my mother wouldn't kill me, which is highly possible with a mother who says "Oh, you're currently ranked first in Maths? But your last exam was only 94/100, you could improve on that"
imo that's the attitude we should all have. Unfortunately though, most people would just give up if they got a UAI of 30.

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
veloc1ty said:
If I got under 80 I'd consider that an invitation to attempt the entrepreneurial life without the distraction of uni.
Good Point. Likewise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)