If you used to be a fan of the Babysitters Club (1 Viewer)

keladry

lady knight
HSC
bsc was a on-off thing for me, like goosebumps and nancy drew. i vaguely remember enjoying the series, but really it was like something i read when i ran out of other things to read or was bored. i really didn't like any of them, except for claudia and mallory (is that her name?). didn't relate to them much. too unrealistic, when it was supposed to be realistic. they were just all so superfical and stereotypical. nancy drew was better. marginally.

stacey was the one with diabetes right? did she go back to new york at one point or something? and dawn, she went back to california coz she was missing her family right? i think around that point, abby came in. too many empty spots lol. i remember picking up one of the new covers in high school and seeing all these unfamiliar faces down the side.

sospecha

in the middle of nowhere; a hole - seriously
HSC
Beckiki_S said:
So i was speaking to another 90s Babysitters Club fan and it turns out i was right and Abby DID die... she even remembered the book (freak) Mary-Anne and the Memory Garden... apparently she died in a car crash.
she didn't...i just checked
and also...now that i think about it...abby was still alive in the bsc forver special thingy...the last spinoff series...i don't think any one ( excluding maryanne's mum) died at all

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Hahahaha wow.. I have (or once upon a time had.. I dont know if they are still around in a box somewhere) about 80 of those books.. somehow I joined a subscription and they would send them out every month.
All this talk brings back memories.. maybe I should go watch the movie hahaha
Do kids these days read them?

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
man im feeling old! i stopped at about 60 something and i read them into early highschool... it's funny that this thread is here because ive been thinking lately that i should see if i can keep buying thme and see how it all turns out, lol! i even searched on ebay for them, there's a fair bit out there! hey, we;re all as sad as each other, lol!

and the theme song:
"say hello to your friends, babysitters club
say hello to the people who care
nothing's better than friends, babysitters club,
cuz you know that your friends are always there...

if im felling down and out
if im feeling blue
i know i can lean on you
my friends will see me through

growing up together never to part
it's a newborn (??) love, straight from the heart

chorus etc"

i win the saddnes award i think lol

Mini

relax
HSC
sparkl3z said:
haha....memories.....used to read them too.....aswell as goosebumbs.....sweet valley high.....hahah....animorphs....roald dahl stuff....
aahaha, ME TOO! sweet valley... liked the tv show too. i still love roald dahl, he's such a classic - much as i love Harry Potter, Roald Dahl cannot be replaced.

my first ever book was a babysitters' little sister - i won it in a writing comp in like year 2 - been hooked on bsc since. i remember abby only vaguely like all the rest of you - i sorta stopped reading about 90.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Back in Yr 4, I learned most of my English from reading the BSC series! :D

My favourite just had to be Stacey. I love how in the BSC world everything's so cute and naive and all the girls lead such perfectly typical teenage lives...*sigh* I've got around 20 of these books, going to pass them onto my little sisters in a few months :p

kylalie

HSC
god i loved them <3<3

and nah, abby never died in the series. It was his dad who was involved in a car crash when they were young

*Buttercup*

HSC
hey did u guys read those 'california diaries' ones too??? i only read one :( but it was pretty cool... i think it was Sunny... and she was writing songs and stuff, it was mad, she knew this band and she rewrote one of their songs or something! does anyone remember the one i mean?

hehehe I just remembered, when i was like 8 i was desperate to have a babysitters' club, i had it all planned out... i wanted to be secretary like Mary Anne... and i couldnt wait to be old enough. awww.... *memories*

I think my favourite character was Mallory for a while... coz she wanted to be a writer and so did i... and she had loadsa brothers n sisters and i thought that was really cool!! I liked Mary Anne too... and Stacey was really cool.... haha i think i just liked them all :p and Jessi the ballerina.... wow....

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I started reading them when I was about 8. They seemed so grown-up, don't you think? I think I got over them when I was about 11. But I remember picking one up when I was 14 and reading it, and they still seemed older than me. I couldn't believe that I was older than them! It was weird. I used to hate how the first two chapters would always be devoted to telling every single detail about the lives of every single member. I used to skip them.

sly fly

HSC
kylalie said:
god i loved them <3<3

and nah, abby never died in the series. It was his dad who was involved in a car crash when they were young
Ahh memories, I loved these books :rolleyes: I especially loved the mystery series and the super specials

Yeah it was Abby's dad who died. Hmm all I remember about Abby was that she had a twin sister (Anna I think?) and she was Jewish and she had like asthma or a back problem or something and she was also into soccer I think.

BTW, I have heaps of BSC books lying in my room. If anyone wants to buy them for their little sisters or something, lemme know. I've been wanting to sell them to those buy/sell bookshops for years now but I'm so lazy lol. I've also got sweet valley high, fear street, girl talk etc etc

Ellie-Bee

HSC
I used to love the books, but I really loved the TV series they made. I could watch them over and over, so good! :)

The movie wasn't great but had some good memories from the books about the characters!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
OMG i loved them too!!!! i still have my big collection! but my mums got the digi cam so i cant take any pics. :(

Yeah my fave i think was Stacy. But man i hated Kristy. What a bossy shit.

Like most of you, i started with the little sister series, with Karen and all that. And my sister was into BSC. then i upgraded lol.

I have no idea who this Abby character is though, sorry.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
oh, and whenever i think about Diabetes, i think of Stacy from the Babysitter's Club. How sad

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Omg, the memories. I grew up with these books. Have to say that Dawn was my fave, she was so laid back and cool. I didn't like Kristy at first, but she grows on you, kinda like a bossy tumour

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
awwww.memories. I started reading the series when I was about 8 and I believed through doing that, I was mature. Ahahahaha...I had so many books but I sold most of them about 5 years ago..damnit...they definately encouraged me to read more and more...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
omg i love bsc even bsls.....omg i loved the movie aswell...my fav character was the chick who went out with that guy...i think his name was logan....but in the movie she had like short hair...i liked her...her name was mary-ann...she was kool....kah...i used to have like all the books and the ones i didnt have i used to read them in my primary school library....kah those were the days...my cuz has all my books now...maybe i'll steal some from her :p

Last edited:

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
yeah, the only reason i know what insulin is or what the pancreas do, or even wat diabetes IS is just from reading so many of those damn books (stacey was my fave, lol). i loved the mysteries, i started reading them wen i was 5 or 6 but mum sed i was too young and made me read the little sister ones...but i had like 60 of those books! And sweet valley high, they were the shit, i still hav sum of those sumwhere...oh yeah, and sum1 mentioned california diaries, about Dawn after she moved away? i read a few of those but they werent as happy-happy-smiley-face as BSC, one chick had a violent/abusive bf, another one (maggie?) was anorexic and had an alcoholic mum and Sunny's family hated her & she went all rebellious and dumped all her frends...they were kinda depressing books, i gave up on them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)