If You're a Christian, Muslim or Jew - You are Wrong (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi_kak

HSC
i find it pretty ironic (and wrong) that millions and millions of lives have been wasted in the name of 'religion'.

but creating more hatred against religion isn't going to help anything.

(sorry if this has already been said but i didnt feel like reading through 20 odd pages of posts).

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
no actually, if u only believe something u can see, then technically u dont believe u have been born. and therefore u do not exist. so go away.
I never said I only believe things I can see. I said you need logical proof or material evidence.
codereder said:
And i dont have faith in UFO's. i have faith in God.
Think: why is it that you do not believe in UFOs? Or in your terminology, why is it that you do not have faith in UFOs?

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
There is no point arguing against someone as asinine as codereder who can't even bring up a logical or reasonable argument unlike Sepulchre.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There is no point arguing against someone as asinine as codereder who can't even bring up a logical or reasonable argument unlike Sepulchre.
I believe Sepulchre has said before he is a christian, yet he is bringing up theories about god which lead to god being nothing but a natural force in the universe with no conscious.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
It's pretty weak to have faith in any religion. It should be eradicated because it's simply a waste of time and effort - people should be devoting their lives to the advancement of the human race.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Kaiser Zero said:
It's pretty weak to have faith in any religion. It should be eradicated because it's simply a waste of time and effort - people should be devoting their lives to the advancement of the human race.
satan him self, is speaking some wise words.
religion slows down alot of medical research. I hate how most countries dont allow human embryo testing and human cloning just because religious people see it as killing humans.

i dont wanna be a preacher. but i cant put forward a logical argument in faith in God simply because there is no evidence. u just have to accept that some people have a "spiritual" connection.

some people do believe in UFo's, its wat they feel is right. like religious people believe in God cause they feel thats right. its u choice at the end. and as i said b4 having no evidence gives u that choice to do wat u want.

u cannot prove to me god doesnt exist, i cant prove to u he does. however remember theres no reason why he cant exist. but then thats not the reason why people believe in God. i dont believe in god because i cant prove he exists,

Ev3

HSC
??????

Kaiser Zero said:
sorry i do not agree with ur STATEMENT
"pretty weak to have a faith in any religion"- Have u belonged to any religion to feel weak...??? or have u never really understood what the religion wwas about???? in order live a life u need a religion to guide you....what about ethics, moral values were does this all come in?????

think twice buddy b4 u make such an inexcusable and appalling statement!

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Atheists aren't the people who are claiming they have all the answers, it is theists, and atheists challenge this. I do not buy the argument that religion has helped, because I believe it is very likely that those who do good (or bad) in the name of religion would do it without the religion.

Funny isn't it? How atheists think that theists claim that they know everything, and theists think that atheists claim they know everything? Because those who believe in God do not claim they know everything. You ask them how God created the universe. and they'd say they don't know (there are many Catholics who do not believe the Creation Story literally, for example).

Fact is, none of us (moderate people, I suppose) claim we know everything.

Religion HAS helped. I recall a book by Geoffrey Robertson that covers the history of how today we can put leaders of nations on trial, and it was the people's faith in God that empowered them with the ability (and bravery) to put their own king to court (I think it was one of the Richards of England).

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ev3 said:
sorry i do not agree with ur STATEMENT
"pretty weak to have a faith in any religion"- Have u belonged to any religion to feel weak...??? or have u never really understood what the religion wwas about???? in order live a life u need a religion to guide you....what about ethics, moral values were does this all come in?????

think twice buddy b4 u make such an inexcusable and appalling statement!
What is shocking is to state that ethics and morals are entirely religious in nature, and that one is required to submit themselves to what is essentially a mythical force in order to have some sort of meaning in their lives.

---

It's the God thread, ver. 2 (You should let this one stand, Moonlight. It may turn out to be 'fun' :)).

Generator

HSC
N/A
Wesnat said:
Funny isn't it? How atheists think that theists claim that they know everything, and theists think that atheists claim they know everything? Because those who believe in God do not claim they know everything. You ask them how God created the universe. and they'd say they don't know (there are many Catholics who do not believe the Creation Story literally, for example).

Fact is, none of us (moderate people, I suppose) claim we know everything.
The point is that the god is essentially a cop-out as it covers over the cracks. In effect, nothing is unknown because 'god knows all'. That's the point of the claim that theists claim to know all - not that they do personally, but that their structure of belief offers a simplistic way in which to explain all that is unknown with a degree of conviction.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
come on people

athiests does not equal relativists.

its quite easy for me to know that killing someone for no reason is wrong, without having to have some invisible man in the sky write in a book that killing someone for no reason is wrong.

Ev3

HSC
gerhard said:
come on people

athiests does not equal relativists.

its quite easy for me to know that killing someone for no reason is wrong, without having to have some invisible man in the sky write in a book that killing someone for no reason is wrong.
in order for you to think in such a way in the 1st place---pullls u back in history..to were the "origin" or common law actually began

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ev3 said:
in order for you to think in such a way in the 1st place---pullls u back in history..to were the "origin" or common law actually began
Then go back to the social structures that existed prior to the rise of the Abrahamic religions (and other religions that still exist, for that matter).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's quite easy to be happy existing in a little 'reality' that you build for yourself. For Atheists (and I guess agnostics) most things are 'pointless', but we live in our own little mortal reality. Sure, there is no solid objective evidence that says "killing the innocent is wrong", but I am just a mortal and in my mortal reality I have come to believe that killing an innocent is wrong. Some do not come to this conclusion.

gerhard

HSC
Ev3 said:
Pick any culture/society that had no influence from the big three (islam/jewish/christian), they all still have laws/morals. They all saw cold blooded murder as wrong + heaps of other things. The ancient Greeks did. The Romans did. The ancient Egyptians did. The aborigines did. Amazonian tribes did. Tribes in Papua New Guinea did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)