I'll vote for them: Secular party of Australia (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
For all those religion haters like myself and want secularism in this country, apart from Liberal or Labor party, lets vote for this party:

Policy details of the Secular Party

Highlight of their policies!

Religion in schools
It is the policy of the Secular Party that Religious Instruction in schools be replaced with studies of comparative religion and ethics. It is also the policy of the Secular Party that the National School Chaplaincy Program be replaced with a program supporting qualified counsellors in schools.

Tax exemptions for religion
Religious institutions receive significant advantages in terms of tax exemptions and benefits. At the same time these institutions are largely unaccountable for their receipt and distribution of funds. The policy of the Secular Party is to end these religious tax exemptions and subsidies. This will benefit the average taxpayer and a level playing field will be provided for all charities.

The Secular Party supports the setting up of a Charities Commission to supervise the appropriate administration of not-for-profit organisations. The Secular Party supports the proposal that a public benefit test be applied as a qualification for the granting of tax exemptions for religious organisations. The Secular Party proposes that the "advancement of religion" is not of itself sufficient to warrant exemptions under the definition of charitable purpose or public benefit.

Food labelling for religious purposes
Some religious groups would like to see the introduction of religious food certification as part of food labelling standards. It is not the role of the state to authorise standards that are based on arbitrary religious doctrines and which have no relation to public health. The Secular Party is opposed to the introduction of any such standards.

Marriage
The Secular Party believes in equality and that the stipulation that marriage must be between a man and a woman discriminates against same-sex couples. The Secular Party also believes that civil marriages and the celebrants who perform them should have equal status with religious marriages and celebrants. It is therefore the policy of the Secular Party that all those authorised to solemnise marriages do so with reference to the fact that "marriage is a voluntary union entered into for life by two people to the exclusion of all others". It is also our policy that civil celebrants should have a status equal to ministers of religion in relation to witnessing statutory declarations, and in relation to GST exemption.

Religious attire
The Secular Party believes that ideally, expression of religious belief should be a private matter for adults. However we endorse the right of adult individuals to wear clothing of their choice.

The Secular Party supports a ban on identity hiding-garments or other items, including burqas and motorcycle helmets, in public places where there are legitimate security and/or safety concerns, or where personal identification is required. The Secular Party supports the right of relevant officials to request that such items be removed.

The Secular Party believes that the religious indoctrination of children in schools violates the rights of the child. The requirement, whether by parents or schools, that children wear religious attire, is a form of indoctrination. The Secular Party therefore opposes this practice. It is the policy of the Secular Party that all forms of religious attire be prohibited in all schools.

:headbang:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
sounds like scum tbqh

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
as much as I hate religion that sounds like a shit party full of shit cunts

Elliot220

HSC
Sounds like a pretty worthless cause for a party to persue with such intensity.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah lmao

why the fuck would you vote for this party

WOW THEY'RE GOING TO STOP RELIGION IN SCHOOLS THE CHRISTIANS ARE OPPRESSING THE ATHEISTS IN THIS COUNTRY

get your mind out of the clouds you hopeless buffoon

Scorch

HSC
Do not be fooled, in the rest of the world, issues regarding the integrity of a nation's education system, a just tax system that does not discriminate, eliminating discrimination against gays in terms of marriage and adoption and other such ideals are actually important things, though they are basically ignored here because we are socially miles behind a lot of the rest of the civilized world on such issues. Their stands simply seem slightly irrelevant due to the nature of our political system.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

bazrah

HSC
In his song "Imagine", which is of increased relevance today, John Lennon thought of a world without countries and without religion, where there would be no motivation to kill and die and where people could live in peace and brotherhood.

I'm pretty sure Joe Blow down the road didn't kill his girlfriend who was having an affair because of religion. I feel they are getting a bit over excited . . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)