illegal software (1 Viewer)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
haha..we have cable:D but if we exceed teh download limit our speed gets reduced to dial up and it has been happening lately:rolleyes: >>>>mainly bc of my bro n his songs:chainsaw:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
my sdd teacher made copies of Codewarrior, for programming, for our whole class:p. talk abt setting a bad example.
we were askin a classmate making copies of a program for us, and this is in sdd right after our theory lesson of software copyrite n piracy (for which i got good marks in in my half yearly). our teacher pretends he cant hear/see us when we do stuff like that or chat on msn.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
lol...i can say that there's probably msn on every school computer including the teachers! :D

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
u have a weird school :confused: turn it on to just use it...isnt ur net through the BOS website?

Rahul

Dead Member
umm nah. they "disconnect" it from the mainframe computer, so we dont exceed the dl limit or some bullshit. and then the scholl buys abt 50 emacs at $2200 a pop! $800 imacs would have served the purpose just aswell.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
crap..so much money...we have a deal with compaq, so every couple of yrs we get new computers and students get discounts on some stuff if they buy through the school which is pretty good. we just had a deal of a USB flash disk of 128 mb for $75..:D

Rahul

Dead Member
how do ppl get their illegal software?

its hard for me to dl large file of the net, so i mostly have to get it off friends. small ones like trillian and other stuff is ok to dl.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
for me its from my extended family, but sometimes through friends at school

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mirc all the way~! bestest way ever~ u leech off pplz mp3 collection and same goes with software... just make sure u dont end up getting virus's tho coz that is veri frequent

btw frigid there are millions of places i can think of where u can buy original chinese music cds~

i know the one in chinatown in that alleyway thing with lotsa restaurants with the big posters and two levels is soo damn pirated tho...

but if u look at other places in chinatown they tend to sell legit stuff

Rahul

Dead Member
mirc!?!?

hahahha i cant get it to work coz i am to lazy to learn to use it. it wouldnt be much use to me as i am 56k :chainsaw:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
any aussie servers that have good speeds on mirc?

yoshi

Originally posted by ezzy85
any aussie servers that have good speeds on mirc?
It's not the IRC servers' speeds that affect your unscrupulous-material-downloading speeds. It's rather the speed of the person/dcc-bot that you are downloading said morally-devoid materials from that is important. The IRC server provides you a venue for your text messages to bounce off the server to all the other users in a chat room, and vice versa, but when you DCC send/receive a file (and it would most likely be of nude donkeys, you sick sick young boy), the connection is established only between you and the sender.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yup depends on the user u choose to dl off

the server primarily for msgs and commands etc... so realli it means nothing if ur tryin to dl stuff

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
mirc!?!?

hahahha i cant get it to work coz i am to lazy to learn to use it. it wouldnt be much use to me as i am 56k :chainsaw:
i hardly know any commands yet i dl so much from mirc

u just need to know the main ones - finding files... dl files... dl file lists etc

Rahul

Dead Member
i spose if someone showed me them i would learn them quite easily, or i prolly could learn of the net, but as i said, i am to lazy :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)